Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Which Ipad should I buy?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My partner has Dyslexia, and finds note taking at uni hard, She's been speaking about getting an Ipad for ages, So I'm going to get her one for her Birthday, So I need one that she can take notes on, and other stuff that will help her with Uni. But as there's so many types out there...I don't know which one, I have a £50 off voucher for one, but I'd rather not spend too much money as I don't have it. I heard the First Gen ones aren't very good...and don't have two cameras on...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They all (I'm on my second ipad) pretty much do the same thing. I know nothing about the software for note taking; so please don't ask me about that!

The later models have retina display. This means that the display is clearer. I'm visually impaired and some of the earlier tablets (in general; not just ipads) were rather difficult to read comfortably. The difference between retina display and non-retina display is, imo, huge.

If you go on to the Apple store website, they do, I believe have a compairson table. That should give you a better idea of what would be best.

In my experience, the staff in the Apple store (ok, this will vary from store to store) are very helpful. I explained my situation and they showed me the different features ipads have which can make the ipad easier for me to use. I'm sure you'd be able to do the same.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Apple produced an excellent iPad Air2 which though powerful and has a lovely Retina display, its 16GB is far too little storage for today's needs. There are, however, other tablets around which might be better, eg. Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 or the mose expensive Microsoft Surface Pro 3. Also there's the Sony Xperia Z4 tablet which gives the iPad a serious run for its money, but only having 32GB tops, or Google's Nexus 3 which is very affordable on Amazon at around £120 and has a great screen. I suggest you check out Tech Radar, read customer reviews on Amazon and go from there. :)