Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

burglers' rights

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i think a new government is in rder. i wouldnt mind paying private health insurance (tho many people would get it with work) and I wouldn't mind that much erm.. (what other benefits do we get :confused: ) if we paid the tax rates of some other countries. WTF is Britain spending the money on though?

And burglars should lose all their rights. But that said - it's just an incentive to bury them in your back yard once you're finished with them. It's not like they told anyone they were going to your house is it?
  • Options
    I'm still shocked by the statement that burglers 'loose all rights', where does this stop? Is there no end to the punishment that they deserve?

Do they loose every shred of humanity as soon as they enter the door, can you not see how alarmist you sound?

Are you really justifying ANY action on them? I dispare.
  • Options
    You're not the only one who despairs.

Why don't we just execute every single person who has a criminal record? At the end of the day, those who commit crimes, be burglary, pickpocketing or common assault forfeit all their rights, correct? :rolleyes:

Come to Britain Taliban, your true home is here.
  • Options
    It just seems so savage, your talking of these people as though they are the lowest of the low, as though they are totaly inhuman.

I'm not defending burglers, its a horrid crime, but please the punishment should fit the crime.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Why don't we just execute every single person who has a criminal record? At the end of the day, those who commit crimes, be burglary, pickpocketing or common assault forfeit all their rights, correct? :rolleyes:

The ironic thing is that the "no rights for criminals" believe that breaking into a house is unacceptable, but that killing someone is okay... :confused:
  • Options
    i certainly dont agree with vigilantis. i don't see all crooks as deserving death ...those of you saying these things are loosing the plot. we don't need the amature dramatics.
    i agree with MOK that yes, it's only material things that can usualy be replaced. the thing i think most of you are missing out on is the REALITY ...of being confronted by a very determined and scary individual in the last place on this earth he should be ...at the foot of your bed willing to win ...
    in a way i kind of hope it happens to some of you. then come back here and tell me how many rights the guy was infringing. tell me when if ever you have gotten over the ordeal.
    i consider myself to be a fairly tough man. i can handle myself. i can handle most things. but i have met the people, know the attitude and instinct that drives them ...so that they survive ...they win ...they get away.......meaning your going to loose sucker!
    if someone bursts into your house while your chopping onions with a cleaver and the guy goes to grab your wife or child are you going to seriously think of the burglars rights to be treated kindly ...are you going to pause to see if he's realy mean or he's just bluffing? or are you going to sink that cleaver into his arm ...save your child from god knows what happening?
    most of you will pause ...then you'll miss his arm and accidently sink it in his head ...from law abiding citezen to murderous scum ...all becuase you were chopping onions ...
  • Options
    I don't dispute what you're saying Roll. But in the case of Martin in particular the jury found there was no room for confusion or any doubts about possible danger. The jury found that Martin shot to kill, to murder someone as they were escaping even though Martin was aware he was not in danger and that the kid was fleeing.

And what I find very disturbing is that some people seem to imply that there is nothing wrong with murdering someone in such circumstances.

Imagine that Martin had managed to knock one of them unconscious and tie him up securely. In is hypothetical scenario, I get the impression that if Martin then had chosen to grab a chainsaw and cut the man in pieces instead of calling the police some people here would not object to that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin

And what I find very disturbing is that some people seem to imply that there is nothing wrong with murdering someone in such circumstances.

Imagine that Martin had managed to knock one of them unconscious and tie him up securely. In is hypothetical scenario, I get the impression that if Martin then had chosen to grab a chainsaw and cut the man in pieces instead of calling the police some people here would not object to that.
    this is where i agree with you and MOK ... it's only material things that can be mostly replaced. maybe sentimental things that will be lost ...wave goodbye to them and be thankful your unharmed. i've been in two minds about farmer martin all along.
    but ...what happens in the house ...in the fear and confusion and with adrenalin pumping as a natural survival mechanism ...the inocent householder has to be supported ...if the burglar were to have his fingers cuaght in the cleaver ...no way can compensation be claimed or criminal damages be sought. it's just not on. and ...if the bastard bleeds to death ...not my fault, i was at home chopping onions your honour ...the dead guy was commiting an act of terrorism. for terror is what it is.
  • Options
    What most people fail to see is that the majority of people would not want to kill anyone. If people break into someones home then they are going to give that person a very big shock, the majority of people would probably shout and hope the burglars would leave quickly. The only time violence would be used to the burglar would be if they came towards the person whose house they had broke into.
    for gawds sake we aint all murdering bastards, we dont want to kill but if I hit someone over the head with the nearest heavy object I found and knocked him unconcious should I be sent to prison? bear in mind i would have done this because i was scared shitless.
    Its about time some of you thought about the victim here, its always the innocent victim who gets picked on :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I'm still shocked by the statement that burglers 'loose all rights', where does this stop? Is there no end to the punishment that they deserve?

Do they loose every shred of humanity as soon as they enter the door, can you not see how alarmist you sound?

Are you really justifying ANY action on them? I dispare.

I don't think that a homeowner has the right to do ANYTHING to a burglar.

Still a homeowner should have the right to defend their property. If this includes wounding someone, then so be it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by monocrat
    I don't think that a homeowner has the right to do ANYTHING to a burglar.

Still a homeowner should have the right to defend their property. If this includes wounding someone, then so be it.

Whats up cant you make your mind up ?

You dont think a homeowner has the right to do anything to a burglar but they have the right to defent their property even if it includes wounding someone :confused:

I cant work that one out :rolleyes:
  • Options
    and though i agree with aladin ...only so far. he was out of order ...he shot a guy who was running. but ...manslaughter was the right result. he had not gone out to commit an offence when the other guy had. it WAS provoked. if the other guy hadn't robbed him ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Whats up cant you make your mind up ?

You dont think a homeowner has the right to do anything to a burglar but they have the right to defent their property even if it includes wounding someone :confused:

I cant work that one out :rolleyes:

I can 'work it out'. :cool:

A homeowner should do what is prudent to defend his/her property. This does not mean literally anything imaginable.
  • Options
    Originally posted by monocrat
    I can 'work it out'. :cool:

Go on admit you were wrong.............go on DO IT.............DO IT NOW :hyper: :hyper:

Yay you just made my night :hyper:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Go on admit you were wrong.............go on DO IT.............DO IT NOW :hyper: :hyper:

Yay you just made my night :hyper:

Come on monocrat you know you are dying to reply :lol:

I got ya well and truly there didnt I :p
  • Options
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I wasn't wrong...:p :cool: :D:lol:
  • Options
    Burgulars scare, terrorise, frighten and upset people, so therefore although they are human I personally do not think they have any rights.