Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

kissing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how many people have you kissed?approximately? (also how old are you? because obviously the older you are the more time you've had to smooch!) im 17 and ive kissed about 7 or 8 but people i know have kissed like 50!!

am i the only person that thinks it's disgusting swapping saliva with random people...tsssk you don't know where they've been...urrrrrrrrgh!! every person ive kissed, i've really liked, i don't see the point in kissing someone you don't like....
what is the point--can someone explain to me why they kiss random people in a club or something, if they haven't even talked to them or don't even fancy them? call me a prude but it's totaly beyond me why people do it....

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i'm 22, i've kissed 12, i think.

i don't see the point of kissing random people either - these were all people i was really into, at the time.
    I'm 21 and the number is 8. Couldn't pull in clubs for years, then got some success and found it ultimately very unfulfilling. It's a quick confidence boost (more so when it was new to me). After that, I'm with you - it's crap. Much better when you have feelings for the person you are kissing. Also, I'm not sure how it is amongst your friendship groups but I've found that amongst my groups pulling randoms gives you 'status' - like those who can pull the most are to be revered! And if you don't try to pull it's almost like there's something wrong with you, lol...
    Ok, so I'm 18 and have kissed 5 people, 2 of which have had any imortance... Thats pretty bad aint it!
    Originally posted by Powboskie
    Also, I'm not sure how it is amongst your friendship groups but I've found that amongst my groups pulling randoms gives you 'status' - like those who can pull the most are to be revered! And if you don't try to pull it's almost like there's something wrong with you, lol...

i hate that...i went on holiday to newquay a few weeks ago and i was talking to these girls who im relatively friendly with, and they were telling me about how many people they'd pulled the night before....and they were going on about how gross some of them were....errmmmm *why* did they pull them in the first place ???
    *utterly confused...*
    Originally posted by faerielights
    Ok, so I'm 18 and have kissed 5 people, 2 of which have had any imortance... Thats pretty bad aint it!

16 and 4, 2 of which had significant importance, one of which had importance at the time but not now. Not far behind ya ;)
    20 and perhaps 8 or 9.
    oh dear, i'm 21 and have already lost count (it'll be more than 20 anyway). i used to do the random pulling thing in clubs during my first year at uni. i'm not sure of the reasons really, i think it was just for a bit of an ego boost. it never went any further than kissing, i'm not a one night stand person, but i used to think why bother making all the effort to get ready to go out if no-one's going to appreciate it!

i don't need the ego boost any more though, i have a lovely blokey who gives me all the compliments i need!!
    Im 18 and have lost count. But i've only kissed one in over two years, and he's the only one who's ever meant anything.
    im 15 and have kissed 4 people...

1. my mum :p
    2. 1st girlfriend kindad thing little peck on the lips when i was 7 :p
    3. 2nd girlfriend best ever laura kiss much times tis good :)
    4. and above's best friend when me and her split (before we got back together) but that was nasty. gah. didnt feel right at all... :no:
    im 19 and i have kissed 11 people......yey!
    i'm 22 and i think i'm well over 100 now.....ahem we used to have pulling contests ok!

that's bad....trying to stop it tho cos i have a fear of cold-sores
    I'm 17 and i've kissed 6 people...

Edited because i'm as tired as feck as i've been up all night *sigh*
    I'm 21 and have totally lost count.
    Used to have competitions at school. At one party I remember kissing 20 lasses.
    A kiss is just a kiss to me and has very little importance in my eyes. Yes it is nice kissing someone who you are in a relationship with but a kiss of a random person is just a kiss - no big deal.
    I'm 23 and I've also lost count - I stoped counting when the total got dangerously near to 50.
    I was a bad girl til I went to uni :blush:
    yeah i think ive lost count but its prob over 30... suddenely realised at the age of 17 that i could go out to clubs and bars and it wasnt difficult to pull, and as others have said, it was a complete confidance boost! that feeling didnt last long though, it began to bore me since it was so meaningless, so i settled for kissing one man only:D

before that though, id hardly kissed anyone, i think about 5 at the most:)
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss

A kiss is just a kiss to me and has very little importance in my eyes. Yes it is nice kissing someone who you are in a relationship with but a kiss of a random person is just a kiss - no big deal.

:yes: That's exactly how I feel about it.

I'm 18 and I've lost count, it's not that big a deal for me.
    I'm 15 and I'd say around 10. Nearly all of which are people I know and trust or am attracted to (or both).
    A kiss is better if you like the person, my first kiss was a guy i barely knew and wasn't all that attracted to, I wish I'd held on for someone I really liked.
    Im 19 and have also lost count. easily over 50 though. i used to do the clubbing thing twice a week so...yeah
    I'm 16 and i've kissed four, all of them were in relationships and two of them i was serious about but still holdng out for the right one to lose my virginity to!
    I'm 19, and I've kissed 3 people. I don't do the whole randomly kissing people I don't really know, despite being at University for a year - not everyone goes there to pull!
    A Kiss Is Just A Kiss....

Most people I have talked to, have thought of kissing as a means to an end.. a small stepping stone towards having sex. They say to me "Why are you so worried? A kiss is just a kiss" To me, a kiss isn't just a kiss, isn't a means to an end, but a means to a beginning of something special.
    I don't know, maybe I do read into it too much, but I could never kiss anyone who I didn't have some sort of feeling for.
    I'm 17 and only ever kissed 3 people.
    The first was the worst of them all, and has generally put a negative slant on kissing. My first ever boyfriend ended it with me because of the negativity my brain feels towards a kiss. I just couldn't seem to do it. One day I hope to find someone I can enjoy a kiss with, rather than dread.

Ilora x
    I'm 14 (15 in less than a month YAY!) and 2, well 3 if you count that one stupid thing with a boy who I don't even like at Kay's birthday sleepover. We were playing spin the bottle :p

1st kiss - an arsehole boy who used me to get to my best mate - was with him for like 6 hours then the day after went onto my best mate.

2nd - Scott.

I dunno why, but some of my best friends have had like 9/10 boys and I have TWO. It's not like I wouldn't like more boyfriends. Christ I would love it. Boys just don't seem to go for me. Maybe something to do with self-esteem.
    Well i'm 16 and ive really lost count :confused: but when i was 14 and used to go to this under 18s club with my mates we used to have compertitions on how many people we could kiss in one night...lol and sometimes it would be about 15 or so people...not complete strangers thou there were mainly people from my school etc..so by now it is probably well over 70....and that sounds bad!:eek: but then ive been kissing boys since i was 12 and a kiss is a kiss at the end of the day :)
    Originally posted by KinkyRed
    I'm 23 and I've also lost count - I stoped counting when the total got dangerously near to 50.
    I was a bad girl til I went to uni :blush:

Same here except I'm 22. I reckon it's prob just under 50ish, but then I have had nearly 9 years of snogging practice so I think it's ok :p;)
    im 16 and have kissed 2 or 3 dependin on what u call kissing, still unsure as to how i managed it but hey lifes strange
    Too many!!! lol
    :D
    erm... I'm 15 (well I will be really soon) and I've kissed.... 4 people. I think.
    im 20, and ive kissed 3 guys, all boyfriends:)

Im not a "pulling" type girl on a night out really.
    Originally posted by rosi
    i hate that...i went on holiday to newquay a few weeks ago and i was talking to these girls who im relatively friendly with, and they were telling me about how many people they'd pulled the night before....and they were going on about how gross some of them were....errmmmm *why* did they pull them in the first place ???
    *utterly confused...*

New Quay in cornwall or New Quay in Wales???