Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

A terror warning issued and questioned.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The White House issued a terrorist warning on Saturday to airliners based on information gathered from several sources that another 9/11 type hijacking was planned for this summer using airliners to crash into buildings in the USA or Europe. They said they were still checking on the reliability of the sources etc. but that it was credible.

This got out to the general public today...and was countered by Democrats in-the-know who said the source was of a dubious nature...and not credible.

So what is the point of this posting? It shows how different the atmosphere is in the US right now. Democrats aren't afraid to question the White House on conclusions and often one up them on saying, as was the case in the now dead Pentagon Terrorist Future website, that there are better ways to spend money and secure our safety.

I posted this to keep you all up to date on the way things are changing in the US...regarding Bush's absolute power and claim to patriotism.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Americans will shit a brick over anything...

But it's best for them, in this case to be on guard.
    Different Motives???

This could be a ploy to simply scare the people some more to help bush to get congress to pass even more anti constitutional bills clamping down on "terrorist" activities. Such as people speaking out against him. Or tighter media controls helping with censoring the truth to the American people.

On the subject of truth why doesnt bush let the whole report of the 9/11 attack be published. could it be that the last some many pages simply spell out that the fbi simply ignored all warnings of the attacks. Or even worse; that they purchased the tickets for the high-jackers and sent them merrily on their way!
    Or even worse; that they purchased the tickets for the high-jackers and sent them merrily on their way!

That was written in France...it's fiction. The intelligence community didn't work together and had been hampered by previous liberal administrations. Also, in over 200 years, no immigrant had done such a thing in a country that gives everyone, especially, every immigrant an equal opportunity to improve themselves. We didn't understand the Whabbi taught Muslim hatred.
    No pnj, it wasnt written in France and that's the second time youve been informed of that fallacy of yours.

Questions regarding administration involvement in 9/11 are equally on the minds of many Americans, especially the families of many of the victims.

It has zippo to do with Wahabism and much more to do with creating an atmosphere of perpetual paranoia to give the administration's long planned corporate warmongering and economic colonisation a running start without any questions from a traumatised public.

Its also not the fault of "liberal" administrations. This was a situation which was fully known by this lying admin well before it even took office. The intelligence services of the Philippines, Russia, Israel, and Egypt (to name a few) had all notified US intelligence of specifically this form of planned attack and the first response of the Bush WHitehouse was to call off investigations by the FBI and CIA into the Bin Laden family and other key alleged members of the plot.

Moreover, the airforce had more than enough time to fulfill its required duties to intercept those planes on the day and were ordered to stand down. Noone from Al Qaeda can do that, little man, only our senior military commanders or someone within the administration itself.

That this non-questioning of the administration is wearing off is merely a hopeful sign that poor deluded and media spun types like yourself will finally learn the truth that those of us who have seen through the lies from the start have been contesting all along.
    My problem with that story Clandestine is that the world's wealthiest people lost a lot of money from 9/11. Also the conspiracy would require the involvement of too many people in too many organizations/government entities. Your continent as well as my country is still being hurt by the WOT.

I was surprised to see this warning as front page news this morning on CNN's website. It seemed to be discounted. After the missed opportunities leading up to 9/11 and Bali, I think everyone is afraid to discount any possibility totally.
    Time for the country to stop discounting a full and sweeping investigation into this evil administration and all the treasonous policies its been enacting under the cloak of these repeated terrorist warnings.

They always come when the spotlight is starting to dispell the shaodows these vermin operate in and its time people put an end to their political careers once and for all.
    People are questioning openly a lot more now. Understandibly, people were focused on preventing another 9/11 from Whabbi trained-to-hate Muslim extremists...who were also allowed to operate freely in Europe.
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    People are questioning openly a lot more now. Understandibly, people were focused on preventing another 9/11 from Whabbi trained-to-hate Muslim extremists...who were also allowed to operate freely in Europe.

Ever been to eurpoe?
    what is your evidence on this claim that Muslim extremists are allowed to operate within Europe?
    The Finley Mosque in North London produced the Shoe Bomber as well as the guy on trial for being part of 9/11.

Europe was like America, so worried about and rightly so, civil rights and helping immigrants, that a relatively few number of Islamic extremists played all of our countries good will...including Europe. Since 9/11, laws in the UK and other countries have been passed to prevent those kinds of nuts from operating so freely.
    Oh my two whole cases!

More idotic Fox News style sensationalism and complete misinformation about Europe. Hardly surprising. :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    The Finley Mosque in North London produced the Shoe Bomber as well as the guy on trial for being part of 9/11.

Europe was like America, so worried about
    You have yet to answer my question
    Have you been to Europe?
    What proof do you have on such claims that islamic militants have free roam in europe
    When I read your posts Clandestine I think about how shocked I was when Greenhat listed Belgium as a likely next target of Al Qaeda. He said the targets are high profile and have symbolic value and its a soft target because of the influence of the liberal left who won't admit in any degree that the world has changed...and 9/11 style terrorism is the dark side of the rise in readily available global information across a networked world.

There's also well-documented cases of how Al Qaeda operated in Hamburg Germany.
    Al Qaida operated from within the USA for months, as 9/11 tragically proved. They even got flying lessons at an all-American flying school in Florida.

So under your reasoning pnj, the USA is a terrorist state. What do you think about that?

Something must be done about it. Should we send a few warships over?
    I think about how shocked I was when Greenhat listed Belgium as a likely next target of Al Qaeda.

And despite his own idiotic and unsubstantiated posts there was no targetting of Belgium and even if so, none that progressed to execution before being stopped.

You have such misguided and misinformed notions about what liberals believe and dont believe. You obviously listen far too much to the vociferous rantings of right wing fear mongers and outright fascists who have completely ruined the nation and all it stands for.

When you finally grow up and realise how gullible youve been youll be shocked to learn that the world hasnt changed. That is merely the rhetoric of a criminal administration and its right wing hate mongering media cronies using the trauma of a single event (which pales in comparison to the deaths, massacres and wars which Washington has financed, armed, or perpetrated directly throughout the world) to excuse its continued wanton criminality both at home and abroad.

Perhaps when you finally learn the truth of world affairs and proper non-revised history, you might comprehend that fact.