Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

SimCity 2000? Anyone?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I didn't know where else I should of posted this...but here you go.
Does anyone have that game, and if so, Are you good at it?
I started to play it recently after having it for ages, and I suck terribly. Ive found some guides online, cause Im broke to buy anything (which I wont bother anyways). Do you have any tips or suggestions? Cause by the time I need money for a new power plant, it blows up and I have to start from scratch...I always have unemployment problems, and I dont know what the f*$# to do..

Comments

• Options
    Re: SimCity 2000? Anyone?
    Originally posted by athalia
    and I dont know what the f*$# to do

Cheat :hyper:

sorry, that's what i always used to do. but wow, it's been like years since i played sim city!!
  • Options
    I think this should probably be in Computers & The Net... but that's not important right now.

OK, watch the little bar chart near the bottom of your toolbar very carefully. That's the current demand. When the bar goes above the letters RCI, the people want more of that land. When the bar goes below it, you've got too much, but that's OK when it happens.

Always build your land in small blocks. 3x3, 3x4, 4x4. Never make a plot of land bigger than that, unless it's really awkward because of hills etc. The only exceptions to this are airports and seaports. These you make a pretty fair size. You keep small blocks because your sims will only ever build 3 blocks away from the road, no more, so if you keep your blocks small, they'll always be able to build.

Never build anything unless you have to. You'll know when you have to, because either the RCI bar chart will show you, or you'll get a message such as "Citizans demand schools" or "Commerce demands airport". That's when you splash out and build those things, it's not really worth it before.

As far as I can tell, what you do with the rewards you get doesn't affect very much, so don't worry about those - just place them where-ever you think looks pretty.

Obviously, make sure everything have power and water. With powerlines, try and make sure a block of land has power coming into it from at least two places, like left and right sides for example. That way, when something inevitable goes wrong, you've still got power going there, and people are happy.
    Water's a bugger to get from A to B, I always find that my pipes dry up. When that happens, just build pumps and water towers - they'll sort it all out.

Try and keep taxes as low as possible. I usually only make $1000 or so each year, but it means my taxes are down to around 2%. This encourages people to move in.

When you start a new city, make sure you edit the land first, and try to get rid of the hills. It just makes building easier.

OK, they're all the hints I can think of.

Have fun :)
  • Options
    thanks! :)