Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

School for Gay people ???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3105121.stm

Personally I think its terrible that its seen as a good idea to separate Gay pupils (With their consent naturally) from other pupils.

They should be dealing with the problem of bullying, NOT taking Gay students away from others ...it just sends out the wrong message.

Deal with the bullies thats what I say!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have to say I think it's a bad idea as well. There's no way gay kida should be treated differently or taken out of mainstream education without good reason. You're right byny - deal with the homophobes - they're the ones with the problems.
    Yes deal with the bullies but this is a good idea though, gays are always going to picked on, they aren't 'normal', if you have schools for gays with no bullies then both types of schools will be better off, shouldn't this be in the debate board?
    :rolleyes:

how do you teach kids that people are 'different'?

by isolating them in their own little schools.

kids need to be taught that gay people (and disabled people/foreign people/ginger people/whatever) are just the same as them and deserve all the same things they do. otherwise they will start to see them as something different to be feared or made fun of.
    i saw a show about that one time (imagine that its in texas :rolleyes: ) and i personally dont agree with it. not only for the fact that its not even an accredited school, but also for the reasons seperating gay people like they are different. though i'm not totally agaisnt it because it is the students choice. they know what they are getting into. and i think that if they want to go to a school like that then that is totally ok. to an extent i dont see anythign wrong with wanting to be in a place that is filled with people more like yourself. a place where they could fit in just a little more. but only because we live in a place where there still are people that are prejudice against them and treat them like shit and different.
    when your that age, how can you be totally sure what you are anyway? its a form of control. gay people dont need special help, they arent different from straight people, they dont need extra care, and you dont go to school because of your sexuality...you go to learn :confused:
    Segregating will make the problem worse Id think.

If your brought up around things then it becomes kind of just normal, if your never around Gay people then thats when people begin to start thinking its wrong or whatever.
    Go back years ago if you were gay you would never come out as they say, once people were more open about their sexuality then people started telling people and not being afraid to admit to their sexuality.

Silly idea me thinks :)
    Well If you have Read Why me and read what happened to me you would know im shit scared of them But even i have a standard and that is to low aslong as they dont come on to me or come REALLY close to me i aint got a problem im nervous and scared around them but at this time in moment it is undersnadable But i do think it is wrong to seperate them and What about Bisexuals Where do you put them Gay school or Normal school

Ok im scared of them but that is to low
    Funny topic.

In this country, certain children are taken away from their friends at the age of five and put in seperate, state-funded, schools, yet a large percentage of the population see no problem with it.
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    Well If you have Read Why me and read what happened to me you would know im shit scared of them But even i have a standard ...........as they dont come on to me or come REALLY close to me i aint got a problem im nervous and scared around them

:lol: You are afraid of gay people because "supposedly" a couple tried to pull your trousers on? If a woman tried to rape you....OK, well not rape but sexually assualt you, would you be afraid of them? If it really happened, which I am not questioning, why are you not afraid of all men, irrespetive of their sexuality? Who's to say they were gay. There are cases where straight men remove clothes as part of a mugging.

Sorry, that's not the point of the thread. The USA has only just completely gotten rid of white/black segregated schools, and now they are having special schools for gays? They are not disabled in anyway and therefore do not deserve their own school. I wouldn't normally agree with conservative views, but I do on this.
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    Well If you have Read Why me and read what happened to me you would know im shit scared of them But even i have a standard and that is to low aslong as they dont come on to me or come REALLY close to me i aint got a problem im nervous and scared around them but at this time in moment it is undersnadable But i do think it is wrong to seperate them and What about Bisexuals Where do you put them Gay school or Normal school

Ok im scared of them but that is to low

This is rediculous! I do sympathise with the situation you found yourself in but I really think you should think a bit more about what you are saying. You say you are 'scared of them' who do you mean by them? Not all gay people are rapists, just as not all men are rapists and not all paedophiles are gay!!

Hopefully you have listened to the advice given in the thread you started and spoken to someone about the trauma you say you have experienced, Try a counsellor or something before you get too homophobic!

Also - can you not use the phrase 'normal school' please as it suggests you believe that gay people ar abnormal!!

Frankly your attitude is very scary and immature and suggests that you have not engaged your brain vefore talking! The world is made up of all sorts of people and the sooner you get out and meet a few of thes diverse communities out in the world the sooner you will realise that people cannot be put in little boxes marked 'scary' and 'not scary' PLEASE...get some help!
    More effort should be used to ensure that both homosexual and hetrosexual people live harmoniously within society, not segregated into groups so that this evident divides becomes increasingly apparent. What will be next? Seperating people into different neighbours on the basis of their sexuality? How ludicirous!
    everyone will have a go at me but..

don't you think there would be a lot of clit lickin and bumming goin on in the toilets?

these teenagers jus found out their gay and then all of a sudden every student around them is gay?
    Itdss qyuite clearkly BOLOOCKS. RTthe way to solcve harassnment is to ecducate ppl that theres nothing 'icky' aor wtrong or different with homosexuality. It as as mnsatural as you are., Stupifd gay rights wankers.
    hmmm, now all those who think the boy dubbya is a fascist say aye.....
    it would only happen in america tho.... which means britain will be doing it before you can say sexual discrimination... 52nd state and the dog follows the stick...... the "stick and carrot method" of truman and his doctrines anyone?maybe they will find a senator mccarthy figure and run a house of un-american activities all over again..... remember kids the gayman is takin over your goddam country with a red flag
    Originally posted by molo
    don't you think there would be a lot of clit lickin and bumming goin on in the toilets?

Do hetrosexual people do "a lot" of shagging and things in the toilets at school? I certainly didn't and don't at uni!

This is a good example of the foolish misconceptions of homosexuality.
    Originally posted by D'OHnut
    Do hetrosexual people do "a lot" of shagging and things in the toilets at school? I certainly didn't and don't at uni!

This is a good example of the foolish misconceptions of homosexuality.

how is it foolish??

i know you would all love homosexuality to be 'normal' for some strange reason, but you can't compare the two can you.

and hetrosexual people do a lot of shaggin and things in most school, jus cus you didn't get your hundreds and thousands in someones jam.

i'm saying this because i'm guessin its kinda hard and scary for young homosexuals to find and go for people they like. but as soon as they know for definate whose gay and whose not.....

'foolish' whatever.
    everyone will have a go at me but..

these teenagers jus found out their gay and then all of a sudden every student around them is gay?

So in your world a heterosexual man fancies EVERY woman he sees, and a Gay man fancies EVERY man he sees...it just doesn't work like that!!

i'm saying this because i'm guessin its kinda hard and scary for young homosexuals to find and go for people they like. but as soon as they know for definate whose gay and whose not.....

What? Nonsense. I have it! Why doesn't my girlfriend and I have sex in the street... :rolleyes:
    I think everything sane that could be said about this has been said already so I'm not even going to bother going off on one.

Tis just fooked up :eek2:
    It's pathetically inaccurate to assume that homosexuals are going to instantly jump into bed (or go into the toilets) with any other homosexual person they see (oh, there's one! Let's go! Oh, there's another...). It does not work like this. In fact, I am confident it's precisely the same as for hetrosexuals, i.e. based upon attraction and interest.
    i could sit here and explain my points but you wouldn't fucking listen anyway. because it seems you feel you have to stick up for homosexuals and fight their battles. blah blah blah.

yes lets try make him look stupid.

all these homosexuals are going to be really mature and not want to experiment at all since there at school...

fuck off.
    i could sit here and explain my points but you wouldn't fucking listen anyway. because it seems you feel you have to stick up for homosexuals and fight their battles. blah blah blah.

I stick up for those that cannot represent themselves, be them gay, black, disabled or anything else.
    all these homosexuals are going to be really mature and not want to experiment at all since there at school...

lol. You don't understand that homosexuals, besides being of a different sexual orientation, are no different that us hetrosexuals.
    Originally posted by D'OHnut
    I stick up for those that cannot represent themselves, be them gay, black, disabled or anything else.

lol. You don't understand that homosexuals, besides being of a different sexual orientation, are no different that us hetrosexuals.

yes i'm glad i'm amusing to you with your much higher intelligence but if you actually took the time to read what i'm sayin instead of of guessing an idea from quickly scanning.

i'm sure if they are the same they can represent themselves, and of course no hetrosexuals want to experiment.....

can you not see how it would be a chance for them to hook up? then think about how old they are, there at school, eager to try things..
    it is clearly much easier for hetrosexuals to get with someone they like. what with the new schools, it will then be jus as easy for homo's as they will not have to worry 'what if there not gay'

please please read what i'm actually saying, instead of fallin to the level of makin me look stupid and laughable to increase the size of your head.
    thank you.

can you not see how it would be a chance for them to hook up? then think about how old they are, there at school, eager to try things..
    it is clearly much easier for hetrosexuals to get with someone they like. what with the new schools, it will then be jus as easy for homo's as they will not have to worry 'what if there not gay'

Are there any gays to represent themselves? No. So who else will? You? I doubt it.

Yes, of course it would be easier for homosexuals to meet others because they'd all be in the same area. So?

yes lets try make him look stupid.

fuck off.

No need mate...you're doing a good enough job all by yourself!
    Um.. I think molo may actually have a point :rolleyes:

Obviously, just because they are surrounded by other homosexuals doesn't mean they'll all fancy each other. Just like among heterosexual people.

But I think molo may have a point with the experimentation thing..

At the age these students would be (which I think is ridiculous - at that age they may not know their sexuality entirely, and certainly not want the world to know about it) in a 'normal' school environment (sorry for use of the word normal, I know it's not appropriate) they would be surrounded by mostly heterosexual people. It would be harder for them to find people that they could possibly form relationships with.

If they are surrounded by gay people, then if they fancy someone, they know that the person is gay, rather than thinking 'he/she is probably straight, oh well, it's just a fantasy'.

And, from experience with gay friends, I can say it seems to me that because of the lack of 'definately gay' people around them, when they know someone is gay they are more likely to be attracted to them. Just in my experience.

Obviously it doesn't mean that there will be any more sexual goings on than in a 'straight' school, but I think molo does have a point.

Apologies if this makes no sense, or if I haven't put my point across well. I'm tired :)
    Originally posted by byny
    No need mate...you're doing a good enough job all by yourself!

so i'm stupid because i typed in 'fuck off'

good grounds.

i'm sorry i ever doubted the homosexuals, the best type of people on the earth, who will all be perfectly well behaved when thrown into a world where they now have a much better chance with someone, at a time where their hormones are going crazy.

get real. i'm going to bed now so you can all have a good laugh at how ignorent and homophobic i am. hope you enjoy yourself.
    please please read what i'm actually saying, instead of fallin to the level of makin me look stupid and laughable

Oops, too late.

You really haven't thought this through have you? It sounds like you're trying to encourage underage sex with random people, it doesn't matter what way your door swings. What would the school's name be, the School of STDs?
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    Um.. I think molo may actually have a point :rolleyes:

Obviously, just because they are surrounded by other homosexuals doesn't mean they'll all fancy each other. Just like among heterosexual people.

But I think molo may have a point with the experimentation thing..

At the age these students would be (which I think is ridiculous - at that age they may not know their sexuality entirely, and certainly not want the world to know about it) in a 'normal' school environment (sorry for use of the word normal, I know it's not appropriate) they would be surrounded by mostly heterosexual people. It would be harder for them to find people that they could possibly form relationships with.

If they are surrounded by gay people, then if they fancy someone, they know that the person is gay, rather than thinking 'he/she is probably straight, oh well, it's just a fantasy'.

And, from experience with gay friends, I can say it seems to me that because of the lack of 'definately gay' people around them, when they know someone is gay they are more likely to be attracted to them. Just in my experience.

Obviously it doesn't mean that there will be any more sexual goings on than in a 'straight' school, but I think molo does have a point.
    SIZE]

Yeah, it would be easier for them because they would know that they are gay or bi sexual. But Molo was suggesting that they'd be jumping into bed with one another and suchlike which would be no more the case than with hetrosexuals.
    Orientation really doesn't have anything to do with it. At the end of the day you go to school for an education, not too hook up in the toilets. And if you are to go to this school, you'd have to be gay already yes? How many people who are homosexual admit this when they're 16 or under? If you're gay you're gay, there's no need for 'experimentation'.