Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

13,000 Muslims to be deported from US.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.msnbc.com/news/944889.asp?0dm=C17LN

In 2001, there was on average 1,300 people from the Middle East who were illegally in the US, and therefore, deported. This year that number will reach 13,000. Were all of the hijackers on 9/11 Muslims from the Middle East? Yes. Are the 13,000 who are in the US illegally and who were caught because they tried to register legally in the US Al Qaeda? There's no proof of it. Would the hijackers have registered? Probably not.

Does this policy make sense?

That's the question I put to the site.

To me. Before 9/11 we were too lax. Now, it's the other extreme. Most immigrants work horrible jobs and very long hours. When they have children, the children become Americanized...and good or bad...become more liberal...rejecting their cultures and becoming hyphenated people, i.e. Egyptian/Americans; Pakistani/Americans. Just like I'm an English/American;

The loss and ruined lives from 9/11 continues. That's my opinion.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: 13,000 Muslims to be deported from US.
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet

When they have children, the children become Americanized...and good or bad...become more liberal...rejecting their cultures and becoming hyphenated people, i.e. Egyptian/Americans; Pakistani/Americans. Just like I'm an English/American;

Not always true, many times they feel caught between two cultures and have troubles settling and adapting, therefore choosing an extreme to follow. Either to one way or another. Seen it with a lot of people.

Btwm comparing yourself is a bad example. The culture gap between England and America is a teeny fraction of the culture gap between as you said Egypt and America.
    I think you are right in everything you posted Jacq.

But I think there's a lot of good Muslims being hurt by the memory of 9/11. And yet, I don't want us to be an easy hit for another attack either. Many Pakistani's for instance, have fled to Canada to avoid deportation.

Addition: Just realized what bothers me about the deportations. It doesn't recognize that some of the biggest helpers in our fight against extremists....also came from the countries whose expatriots are now being deported.
    Didn't most of the alleged hijackers enter the US as students not immigrants?

Also whats to stop someone entering on a tourist visa and carrying out a terrorist incident. When I was eighteen I was offered an Uzi and ammo in a sporting goods store in Florida. I said I didnt have a license, the owner winked and said with a driving license it could be arranged............................!!!!!!!!!!!!

Events in New York City Hall last week come to mind.