Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Blacked out.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A bipartisan inquiry into the cause of 9/11 produced a 900 page report. 28 pages dealing with connections to the Saudi family, there are 7,000 princes alone, were blacked out by the administrations. Y?

When we talking about valuing life, I guess the going rate for 3,000 lives today is about $700,000,000 a year right now. That's about how much the Saudi family invests in the US each year.

What caused my statement and me to post this topic?
From the article:
Last year Princess Haifa al-Faisal, wife of the Saudi ambassador to the U.S., Prince Bandar bin Sultan, was found to have given money directly to the family of a Saudi man in San Diego who befriended and assisted two of the 9/11 hijackers. Yet the Administration acted as if she had merely misplaced her ATM card. Some branches of the Saudi royal family (a clan with 7,000 princes) actively cultivate ties with radical groups to gain political support in their own country, according to a former senior White House aide. Yet in Washington mere mention of a Riyadh connection with the war on terrorism remains a weird taboo. The Administration forced the joint panel to black out 28 straight pages of testimony about Saudi financial support for terrorists.

I wish I did black out. I wouldn't feel so angry.

Comments

• Options
    The question is knowing this do you still trust anything Bush and Blair have said regarding the war on terrorism, 9/11 or Iraq. I personally never have or will.
  • Options
    Four words: "It was a whitewash!"
  • Options
    Saudi Arabia tried to have the report unblocked so they could defend themselves. The Bush administration wouldn't...the reasons were ongoing investigations etc.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    the reasons were ongoing investigations etc.
    Yeah right.
  • Options
    The reasons why this admin are constantly claiming "national security" to cover up everything is by now well known. Its not "national security" but their own professional security they are protecting.

The roster of investigations theyve manipulated, stonewalled, or put a stop to since they got into power only underscore how urgently they need to be ousted and properly exposed before the entire nation.
  • Options
    but clandestine and Aladdin...it's not going unquestioned anymore. That's the big difference. After 9/11 we were, I guess, on a war footing. Liberals and Conservatives both agree on continued vigilance against Al Qaeda or other terrorists organizations...but the idea that we don't question Bush because we are at war is over.
  • Options
    Ill believe that when there i see evidence of a true, public, transparent and unhindered investigation into numerous issues that this admin has links to and which it has so far refused to account for.

For now, there are plenty of so called Congressional actions, lots of talk and no real independent and thorough inquiries. Can't expect much more from a sycophant Congress conveniently stuffed with Republican lackies.