Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

WHY ME (cont. . . . from anything goes)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ill be totaly quick i put this forum on anything goes but maybe this forum is better anyway here my story

Ok i will be stright and get to the point.

A few weeks ago i was walking to the train station and i walked through the ally i normally take. but this time i got jumped by to guys which grabbed me and pulled me to the ground and one of which tryed pull my trousers down and tryed to rape me i managed to kick them and get away anyway WHY ME why was it me and does this mean that i am GAY

i didnt tell the police or my mam as i didnt see them only a few ppl know and im scared i started to cut again to help with the pain

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: WHY ME (cont. . . . from anything goes)

You haven't bothered reading this guy's thread in Anything Goes then, Hunnypot?
    Re: Re: Re: Re: WHY ME (cont. . . . from anything goes)

because i though it MIGHT be better if i MOVE it over to health but because im new i dunno how so i just copyed it OKAY

anyway im sorry i think im taking the piss if it happenes to you your understand and i have had people call me gay because of it so you dont know what it is like okay because people call me GAY and i hate it this has turned me into a homophobic this encounter has also made me hurt myself which is a heath problem and how is it selfish having 2 threads if you think it is just ignore it but for many of the CAREING people on here they accerlly give a damn

(excuse my spelling it is late at night)
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WHY ME (cont. . . . from anything goes)
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    And you only just decided to mention the self-harm because...

Go back and read the whole of the thread in Anything Goes!
    Hunnypot, was that extremely offensive post really neccesary???
    Rudeboyz, Im sorry to hear about what happened to you, its not your fault, and its not a reflection in you AT ALL. I really think maybe you should talk to someone about it, It might be worth telling the police even if you didnt see their faces because you never know, they may have done it before, and it will help if they know that theres a serial rapist out there. I know there is still a stigma attached to gay rape, and its widely unreported because of that, but its just as serious as female rape, and people who do it are sick. A lot of rape isnt even about sex, its about someone trying to degrade and humiliate someone in the worst possible way, so it has no bearing on your sexuality. There are other rape survivors on this site, and attempted rape survivors too. Itd be worth speaking to someone like the samaritans, or rape crisis. I think the numbers for those are probably on the site somewhere, or you could search for them in google.
    I hope youre OK, dont punish yourself for what someone else has done.
    does it really hurt to give someone the benefit of the doubt? If this man is telling the truth then saying obnoxious nasty things could really mess him up at a vunerable time. If hes not telling the truth, then OK you may have wasted a few minutes being nice to someone, but would that really be so awful?
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WHY ME (cont. . . . from anything goes)
    Originally posted by Matt^
    I agree with Hunnypot, this guy is totally lying and taking the piss IMO.

For starters -

you posted at 10.54pm GMT, and if you realy are from the usa like you say you are, then you are at least 5 hours behind us.

late at night? me no think.

twat.
    USA is a big place, some of it would be behind us time wise, and some of it would be ahead of us. There would be a time difference between texas and chicago for instance.
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WHY ME (cont. . . . from anything goes)
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    USA is a big place, some of it would be behind us time wise, and some of it would be ahead of us. There would be a time difference between texas and chicago for instance.

it's all behind us. some is about 5 hours behind, some is about 10 hours behind.

none of it would be late at night.

and at the risk of sounding like a bitch on a stick, i don't believe him either. but i will leave it there to avoid offending if i am wrong.
    well i hope nothing bad ever happens to you lot and you have people telling you they dont believe you and to fuck off etc. would you be so disbelieving if a girl came on and said someone tried to rape her.
    well i hope nothing bad ever happens to you lot and you have people telling you they dont believe you and to fuck off etc. would you be so disbelieving if a girl came on and said someone tried to rape her.

yes, if there were the same discrepancies in her story.
    like what discrepancies, apart from place of residence. I know i was unsure about putting where i lived when i first signed up, so i put Essex, as its non specific. It doesnt mean the things i say arent true, I dont see any discrepancies in the actual post.
    I also believe the risks associated with not believeing and writing about it here in a nasty way, are far greater than the risks of either not saying anything or being supportive, even if its just a chance hes telling the truth.
    Some of you people on here FRIGHTEN me how nasty you can be, totally unneccesary. I just hope other people looking for support and advice arent put off by this.
    Dunno if you are telling the truth or not but Only being GAY makes you Gay. Just because someone attempts to abuse you it doesn't make you gay.

And it shouldn't make you homophobic either, male rape is very rare and most if not nearly all Gay men do not rape other men!
    does it really hurt to give someone the benefit of the doubt? If this man is telling the truth then saying obnoxious nasty things could really mess him up at a vunerable time. If hes not telling the truth, then OK you may have wasted a few minutes being nice to someone, but would that really be so awful?

well said !
    Frankly I am appalled by how offensive some of you have been - I really think there was no need for it. If you don't nec believe a user on these boards I think I'd prefer it if you just didn't reply rather than being rude and thoughtless ... because here's a thought ... if it were to turn out taht that person really had suffered an attack, was vulnerable and prone to depression/ self harm your responses could just push that person over the edge.

Get over yourselves or I may have to consider banning some of you.

:(

To answer your question Rude_boyz ... why you? why not you? It has nothing to do with you as a person, it was a viscious atack, and no it doesn't mean you are gay, only you and your feelings/ thoughts can define your sexuality, not what others do or try to do to you.

You really should talk to someone about what happened, I don't know the helplines for you in the USA, but a google search turned up this: R A I N N
    The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN), a non-profit organization based in Washington, D.C., operates America's only national hotline for victims of sexual assault. The hotline-800.656.HOPE-offers free, confidential counseling and support 24 hours a day, from anywhere in the country.
    Free. Confidential. 24/7
    http://www.rainn.org/about.html

and we have an article on TheSite about sexual assualt:
    here

Take Care

Susie
    i wasn't meaning to be nasty. it's just that i saw a very similar post (like REALLY similar) on another site i post on, and the person was just taking the piss in the end, and a lot of people got upset.

it's the 'does this make me gay' comment that does it for me.
    I'm not saying people can't be sceptical, whatever ... but I'd just rather you gave people the benefit of the doubt...

and actually, it is quite a common reaction to male rape that if not feeling that maybe you 'ARE' gay, maybe if you report it you'll be perceived as gay or at least 'wanting it'...
    LIKE i just put on the anything goes thread im a 15yr old from england who uses that name as my family use this site if needs be ill get someone to post on here to prove im not lieing it doesnt matter to me i just though id be able to het support on here and that is what i got told and i hope it is true
    You don't need to prove anything - the whole point of these boards is that anyone can come on and gain advice anonymously. Don't apologise for yourself, the reaction you got on these boards is unusual and I am really disappointed that you were subjected to such rudeness. I only hope you feel the other users and us mods can give you the support you need to let you stick around.

ClaireBear's given you some advice in anything goes so I'll hush now

But stay, talk and relax, you are welcome to be here

Susie :)
    Thanks guess there are some decent people on this site

:) thnaks but it fucked me UP BADLY
    I'm not doubting you or anything..but if your picture is your av thingy (if it is...) then surely you'd want to keep quiet?
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    I'm not doubting you or anything..but if your picture is your av thingy (if it is...) then surely you'd want to keep quiet?

yeah i was thinking that...like if he didn't want his family to find out he used the board then why put a photo of yourself as your av??
    Originally posted by lipsy
    yeah i was thinking that...like if he didn't want his family to find out he used the board then why put a photo of yourself as your av??
    because everyone was doubting him as he put a different age and location in an attempt to remain anonymous, everyone then took it as absolute proof that everything he said was a lie. He then put down hos real name and location and even put a pic, and people didnt like that either, so it seems like he cant do right for doing wrong as far as people here are concerned.
    ooh right, i thought he put the photo with the wrong name and location. okies:)
    Well i guess im just like what ma mam called me "a fuck up cant do nowt right"
    OH Rude_boyz have some confidence in yourself. I know life is tough but look for the good things in life...there are some you know!

Its a long time since i was 15 but I still managed to see the bright side of life. maybe you are at a disadvantage because your mum says shit shings to you or you've been through some bad shit but you are the captain of your own ship and you are nearing adulthood when you will be able to pilot that ship in whatever direction you choose.

The future holds so much and if you can really try to hold onto the good stuff you might just see life as a great and creative thing. I think you should stick around her...get involved in some of the other conversations that go on, venture into the debate forum and even if you don't want to take part just read and learn and communicate.

Read some Wordsworth, listen to some Dylan, treat every stranger as a friend, surround yourself with good people...if it helps get yourself a 'fuck you - I like me' attitude!

We are all still learning whatever age or point in life we happen to be and every experience, good and bad, is a building block to our character! Life IS for learning and the knocks are good teachers!!

ok enough...blethering on.....you've had a bad rap perhaps for one reason or another but with the help of your counsellor and whatever you wish to take from this site hopefully you can move onwards and upwards?
    WOW

I dont think i need my counciller if your around lol jesus are you doing pyshc or something if not i sujest you take it up as i think your be pretty good
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    it's the 'does this make me gay' comment that does it for me.

Why does it do it for you? It is a well-known fact that female victimes of sexual assault immediately suffer sever self-hatred, believeing that they somehow "deserved" the attack, and that sex is all they are good for. Many female sexual assault victimes take to self-harming because of this self-hatred, many female sexual assault victims start engaging in very inappropriate sexual behaviour because of their belief that if one man can do that to her, then that is all she is worth.

Why, exactly, would it be any different for a man? And add into that the sexuality connotations, it is very easy to believe that they picked on you not because you were in the wrong place at the wrong time, but because somehow you give off gay "signals" of some description, and that if you were not gay they wouldnt attack you.

I would suggest that you close your mouth until such a time that you are able to open it again without being needlessly offensive. If this boy self-harms, your actions and comments will very probably have triggered a serious bout of self-harming, which could lead to death.

I hope you are all proud of yourselves. Not only have you rpoved yourselves to be stupid, you have also proved yourselves to be hideously bigoted. You would not have spoken like that to a female victim of sexual assault, and it is diatribe like this that means the pitiful level of rape reporting in this country is even lower when it is a male victim.

Please go away. You make me sick.
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Why does it do it for you?

I hope you are all proud of yourselves. Not only have you rpoved yourselves to be stupid, you have also proved yourselves to be hideously bigoted. You would not have spoken like that to a female victim of sexual assault, and it is diatribe like this that means the pitiful level of rape reporting in this country is even lower when it is a male victim.

Please go away. You make me sick.

1. it 'does it for me' because that was the exact same phrase (of the almost exact same post) that i read on another site recently where the person turned out to be lying.

2. actually there was a girl on here a while back who i thought blatantly lied about something similar, and i pointed out that i didn't believe her either. turned out she was a lot more mature about it, and she just told me i was entitled to my own opinion, and i could believe what i want. then she left it.

i make you sick. please. you don't know me.
    Well you can have ya own opnion but hay its wrong
    OK then, Ill humour you and assume that he is lying.

What message do you think will be sent out to a rape victim coming here for support if everyone is laying into someone alleging attempted rape, calling him a liar. Regardless of the fact s "tallying up", the victim will feel that no-one will believe her, and that everyone will give the same treatment to her that you ahve given to this boy. Hardly a way to provide support in a community, is it m'dear?

You say you have been raped, you will, more than most, understand the fear of not being believed, and you laying into someone calling him a liar, regardless of whether he is or not, does not give out good signals to other victimes. I know if I saw someone alleging an attack, and everyone called him a liar, and moronic for thinking it meant he was gay, then I would be frightened that my story would engender the same ridicule and abuse.

If you dont believe him then shut your mouth, its quite simple. Theres no need to spout off with your diabolical diatribe.
    to anyone who has been raped: ignore me - i'm obviously an evil piece of work. you will be believed. go to your doctor and go to the police.

you haven't got a fucking CLUE what it's like. how can you tell me how i should and should not respond to situations?

if i just think someone's lying, i say nothing. i'm not an animal.

if they've said numerous things which can not be true, and act in a way that totally contradicts everything they say, and they are acting in a way that totally makes a mockery of the things i've been through then i will NOT say nothing. fuck you for thinking i will.
This discussion has been closed.