Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

does anyone else's children...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...have an unhealthy obsession with rain???

Jazmyn made me take her out yesterday with the dog in the rain, and whenever it rains she wants to go in the garden and play. I get really reluctant to let her go in the garden in the rain because surely it cant do her any good, but this girl wont have any of it if you refuse! she doesnt go out in it all the time, only if its just spitting and only for a short time, but she absolutely loves it, she loves getting her mack and hat on and waddling about in her wellies!!! does anyone else's kids do this... or is mine just a strange little bugger??! Bless her I do worry - its not going to do her health any harm is it? or do you think she should only be out in it if its absolutely necessary - like if we're stuck in it or something?

Comments

• Options
    Re: does anyone else's children...
    Originally posted by badabing
    ...have an unhealthy obsession with rain???

Jazmyn made me take her out yesterday with the dog in the rain, and whenever it rains she wants to go in the garden and play. I get really reluctant to let her go in the garden in the rain because surely it cant do her any good, but this girl wont have any of it if you refuse! she doesnt go out in it all the time, only if its just spitting and only for a short time, but she absolutely loves it, she loves getting her mack and hat on and waddling about in her wellies!!! does anyone else's kids do this... or is mine just a strange little bugger??! Bless her I do worry - its not going to do her health any harm is it? or do you think she should only be out in it if its absolutely necessary - like if we're stuck in it or something?
    rain is good! it makes everything grow!
  • Options
    i dont have kids, but i love rain! whenever it rains i love going outside, so refreshing-makes me feel clean and safe:)
  • Options
    I dunno bout my mates baby sophie, but naturally kids are interested in strange things. Water falling from the sky? Must be pretty weird to toddlers until they understand it... :)
  • Options
    i think kids just go through phases of having strange obsessions. Lennys used to be buses, and now its fans!! if we see a fan he shouts BAN really loudly (he cant pronounce the F, and says it as a B). I just think its funny - you have to humour them. Hes now starting to point out every single smoke alarm that we see and he says `moke alarrrr` really slowly and carefully. it sounds so funny and cute. Yep id say he was well on the way to full on OCD
  • Options
    Rainbow...I want your babies!!!!! awwwwwh :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    i think kids just go through phases of having strange obsessions. Lennys used to be buses, and now its fans!! if we see a fan he shouts BAN really loudly (he cant pronounce the F, and says it as a B). I just think its funny - you have to humour them. Hes now starting to point out every single smoke alarm that we see and he says `moke alarrrr` really slowly and carefully. it sounds so funny and cute. Yep id say he was well on the way to full on OCD

:lol: bless him! I dunno its just a bit weird its like ALL the time. Even if she's sleeping - if something wakes her up she is mad, but as soon as she realises its the rain thats woken her up, she jumps up and wants to go play outside!! and yet if it starts thundering she just cries :confused: strange child. Lovely. But strange. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    Rainbow...I want your babies!!!!! awwwwwh :)
    aw, well i can assure you there are some times i would GLADLY hand him over, but lately hes just being too cute for words - I think ill keep him.
  • Options
    aw, well i can assure you there are some times i would GLADLY hand him over, but lately hes just being too cute for words - I think ill keep him.

:(:(:(
  • Options

:lol:

my nephew's is keys.

keys will ALWAYS entertain him. can't be just any old key though, it has to be a working car or house key. he knows if it's just the garage key, or a spare key, and he'll throw it away.

and he'll stick the keys into anything that looks kinda like a keyhole. usually it's just actually keyholes, screws in the wall, stuff like that, but their dog has his tail docked, and when he's got his back to Will, it kinda looks like a keyhole, and the poor dog's had a few keys up his arse.

he also has an obsession with my dog. can't say her name, calls her lo-lo (holly). and every so often he'll just chant 'lo-lo, lo-lo' and chase her round the garden, and she can't stand him.
  • Options
    My kids used to want to go out if it was raining all the time too badabing. They were in heaven if we had to go to the shops and it was raining; they used to have little macs, wellies and umbrellas and splash in all the puddles. But they`d go in the garden too. I don`t think it can do any harm as long as they don`t get soaked to the skin and chilled.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    they used to have little macs, wellies and umbrellas and splash in all the puddles.

Puddle walks!!! they were so cool :cool:
  • Options
    I love a hot summers night when it starts to rain.....
    Ahhh memories
  • Options
    Gotta love the rain...
    Yea, that really is all i wanted to say... hehe
  • Options
    Yeah, my kids do that to me all the time. :p

Okay, I dont have kids but my nephews do it.
  • Options
    Lil kids in wellies and macs and hats, how cute! :hyper:

Sorry, I've wanted to say that this entire thread :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by legal junkie
    and he'll stick the keys into anything that looks kinda like a keyhole. usually it's just actually keyholes, screws in the wall, stuff like that, but their dog has his tail docked, and when he's got his back to Will, it kinda looks like a keyhole, and the poor dog's had a few keys up his arse.

he also has an obsession with my dog. can't say her name, calls her lo-lo (holly). and every so often he'll just chant 'lo-lo, lo-lo' and chase her round the garden, and she can't stand him.
    :lol: poor dog. I know I should be sympathetic but it really made me laugh :lol:
    I'm not really surprised the dog doesn't like him :)