Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Are you homophobic?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am not. I think gays should possess civil rights with straight people.

If you are then why?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why do you always post topics that basically state that you should be able to do the hell you want (apart from something that involves thinking from another person's perspective... eg suicide or fertility treatment which probably you've never experienced anyway?). Just a question is all.

I'll answer yours now before I hop off to have my special fried rice.

I'm not a homophobe and never have been. I've shared a bed with a lesbian (there was no other place to sleep), I've been drinking with gay/bi/lesbians millions of times and I see beauty in it... because they aren't afriad of being who they are because they can show affection to the same sex without worrying about the social stigma it still seems to have.

I have a lot of gay and lesbian friends and some of them are very dear to me, the sort of people who just thinking of them makes me smile. What about if a girl fancies or tries it on with me? Firstly I never close my mind to anything on the grounds of attraction and secondly, I'm flattered. Gay people are cool (apart from the bitchy ones) and I love my mates to bits.
    Originally posted by Creeper
    Why do you always post topics that basically state that you should be able to do the hell you want (apart from something that involves thinking from another person's perspective... eg suicide or fertility treatment which probably you've never experienced anyway?). Just a question is all.

Because that's how I see life.

I'm not a homophobe and never have been. I've shared a bed with a lesbian (there was no other place to sleep), I've been drinking with gay/bi/lesbians millions of times and I see beauty in it... because they aren't afriad of being who they are because they can show affection to the same sex without worrying about the social stigma it still seems to have.

I have a lot of gay and lesbian friends and some of them are very dear to me, the sort of people who just thinking of them makes me smile. What about if a girl fancies or tries it on with me? Firstly I never close my mind to anything on the grounds of attraction and secondly, I'm flattered. Gay people are cool (apart from the bitchy ones) and I love my mates to bits.

Good for you....
    Originally posted by Creeper
    Why do you always post topics that basically state that you should be able to do the hell you want
    with no information. no personality. no reasoning.
    the name 'mono' says a lot don't you think?
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    with no information. no personality. no reasoning.
    the name 'mono' says a lot don't you think?

No. :)
    Originally posted by monocrat
    No. :)
    i do like you mono ...in fact i think i could be turning ginger beer!
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i do like you mono

Really? Grand....

...in fact i think i could be turning ginger beer!

And you're also turning non sequiturs.
    Nope.
    Really? .
    yes but ...i think there are a few monophobes in here.
    Are you homophobic?

No but questions like this scare me as I generally find my mind has already been made up for me in advance. Especially when followed up with...
    If you are then why?

Surely someones reasons for not being homophobic are as important as those for being homophobic?
    Originally posted by MWF

Surely someones reasons for not being homophobic are as important as those for being homophobic? [/B]

Really?

If you're homophobic then it must be for a reason. Is it religious in base? Or does one think its unnatural?
    Point proven
    What point?
    What point?

That if you are not homophobic, then you probably have a reason.

To paraphrase your last "Is it religious in base? Or does one think its natural?"
    Not being homophobic isn't the point of my thread.
    Are you homophobic?

No. Not in the slightest.
    Nope.:cool: