Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Why'd You Join TheSite?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why did you join thesite? Was there a particular reason or did you just stumble on it one day and thought it looked cool? With me, my mum was worried about me cos I kept scratching my arms and she found the Health forum and the Self-Harm and Depression thing and showed it me. Been hooked ever since.

Comments

• Options
    Stumbled on it on the NTL Internet Homepage.

Then I went for BT Broadband

This is the only good thing I got out of NTL
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shearzo
    Stumbled on it on the NTL Internet Homepage.

I couldn't remember how I got here... but maybe it was like that?! lol
  • Options
    dunno...felt like it i spose lol!
  • Options
    I joined because the main forum I used to belong to was undergoing a revamp, which meant it was down for a few weeks, and a whole load of us wanted a new site and forum to post on until it was up and running again. A few of us stayed when the revamped site and forums wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    I joined because the main forum I used to belong to was undergoing a revamp, which meant it was down for a few weeks, and a whole load of us wanted a new site and forum to post on until it was up and running again. A few of us stayed when the revamped site and forums wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

Mr_Wobble ;)

have you been back to said site any time recently? if not, you should take a look. it's a joke!
  • Options
    Same as Mr wobble.
  • Options
    i stumbled into the drugs forum by accident. had a read of some of some very misinformed stuff to with drugs. the beliefs some people had were downright dangerous!
    anyway i thought i would just correct a few things ...from experience but had no intention of hanging around.
    i attacked almost everybody. kicked all the furniture over and was trouble from the word go.
    thing was i found i had to keep popping back to see what effect it was all having. got hooked cos i found myself learning a lot of stuff about people the same age as my own kids. i'm still learning.
    trouble was, just as i got hooked the mods locked me out. let me in again and then locked me out again! when dom let me back in he had removed all my posts so i had to start from scratch and promise to behave myself ...lost over 600 posts.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    when dom let me back in he had removed all my posts so i had to start from scratch and promise to behave myself ...lost over 600 posts.

And yet you still have over 8 and a half thousand lol!
  • Options
    i think my mate posted me a link to one of the quizzes on thesite, the animal in bed one. then, i found me way here...and i've never left. well, to go to the loo occasionally.

this is my 1st post with my new contacts...the weirdness of it all :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by *x*socksgirl*x*
    And yet you still have over 8 and a half thousand lol!
    the joys of not having to go to work ...i reckon 90% of my life revolves around my home. must get a life ..........
  • Options
    must get a life ..........

Yes you must lol!
  • Options
    Originally posted by *x*socksgirl*x*
    Yes you must lol!
    PMSL! i just noticed you changed your sig ya bugger! oh god i've become a novelty item in a souvenier shop ...
  • Options
    Same as wobble and Lisa.
  • Options
    Originally posted by eefs
    i think my mate posted me a link to one of the quizzes on thesite. then, i found me way here...and i've never left.

I think a similar thing happened to, but also, i think people I talk/talked to on the net put a link to it in their livejournal. Plus the BBC one turned into a thing where bimbos talked about a cute guy in a boy band. And there was a 3 months war: townies versus goth and greebos
  • Options
    I kept getting a pop-up for one of the quizzes. So I like...did the quiz. And..came here and stuff. Yes. :)
  • Options
    I stubbled across it.......i did a search for osmething *can't remember what*
    I thought it was a nice cosy place (then there was sooooooo many fewer people) so joined.
    I think a thing I regret is telling other people about it. Cos I can't talk about anything as about 6 friends use it. Plus once something i said here was 1) used against me 2) started an argument.
    So I suppose I wish I'd kept it to myself.
  • Options
    cos her above told me too:chin:
  • Options
    isnt that long ago but..er..em..cant remember.............ya...something.....:)

:eek2:
  • Options
    i found out about the site thru one of my best m8s,
    yes the thread starter...hehe
  • Options
    Mindless all the way forced me :(

I got the url but didn't have time to register, as thick as I was I for some odd reason went to messageboard.com where they were really mean. Then Mindless got the url and started laughing as I'd gone to the wrong site.

Then someone asked for another messageboard and told about messageboard.com and people started the "war".
  • Options
    I found it when I was doing a project about drugs at school - that stuff on the site was really useful (but then again, it is meant to be...) I think I joined the boards through one of them links on the front page of the site where they have the popular topics.
  • Options
    PMSL! i just noticed you changed your sig ya bugger! oh god i've become a novelty item in a souvenier shop ...

I was wondering when you'd notice that lol!
  • Options
    An ex. girlfriend's mum showed her the site and she (ex. girlfriend) then showed me.
  • Options
    why? i've been asking myself the same question...

actually i was bored and saw a quiz thingy and then looked in here, cuz i had never been on a message board before and i thought i should try it out.
  • Options
    I used to come onto the drugs boards watching and reading..signed up one day then began using it, posting here and there the odd time but the past couple of months i have been hooked in here.
  • Options
    Lisa simpson's saxophone (who's never around anymore...) showed it to me a coupla years ago, and i read the boards for a while without posting - then last autumn I signed up, and started off using it mainly for help with health, relationships etc and also for giving advice where I could :)
  • Options
    One of my mates found the clubbing forum through Ministry of Sound web site, and then showed it to me. His name on here is "Apestyler" but he hasn't posted lately.
  • Options
    Caught my best mate posting one day (MrMint). Intrigued me so i asked what it was, he gave me the addy and voila, here i am :D
  • Options
    My girlfriend at the time used to mention it a few times, so I decided to join.

I haven't seen her on this for a while, but she did come back and post a couple of messages not too long ago.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyT
    Caught my best mate posting one day (MrMint). Intrigued me so i asked what it was, he gave me the addy and voila, here i am :D
    definatly one of the best things you have done :D

bez i owe you one!