Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How optimistic do you feel about the forthcoming season?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I personally think the Gas are going up. We've made some good signings and cleared out some deadwood. Aotomatic promotion is looking good but then I think that every year :lol:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    More optimistic than last season, but not expecting miracles. I'm a Derby fan if your wondering. Got a manager in place whos looks capable of the job, and for the first time a few years we've actually brought a few players over the summer :eek: Might be in with a chance of beating Forest this season :D
  • Options
    Not very optimistic at all. I'm a Leeds fan. Looks like a downward spiral to me and by the looks of whats been happening pre-season we look like relegation material.

Hope I'm wrong because Leeds are a big club and should be in the premiership. I've got a bit of confidence in Peter Reid. reading his statements looks liek he's got Leeds best interest and will do his best to pull us through.

Hoping these new signings he has made will make us into a premiership side who deserve to be there. Would be pleased with mid-table this season and hopefully get something in place to build on and give us fans something to cheer about.
  • Options
    As a Liverpool, I'm watching us follow Leeds into the First Division IF Gerard Houllier continues to play Traore and Biscan in the squad! They wouldn't even grace the Oldham team based on their preseason (and past seasons) form!

GH - Sell'em NOW!
  • Options
    Exactly how I feel about Micheal Duberry. Peter Reid has played him in all friendlies and he is shit. Hopefully when the squads fully fit Reid will look well past Duberry for his starting line-up.
  • Options
    AFC Wimbledon were unlucky not to go up last season- then again it was our first season ever, and the team didn't even exist two months before the start. It was our early defeats that condemned us.

This year we should go up if the form we had most of last season is still there. So I'm fairly optimistic. The long climb towards the Premiership (again) starts here! Hopefully we'll catch a glimpse of Franchise FC as they crash down in the opposite direction. :D
  • Options
    Now I'm starting to worry since I started the thread, Bristol Rovers have taken a few injuries to key players, the club says their minor but who knows.

Lickalotapuss I know what you mean about Leeds, reports from The Bristol City fans I spoke to after your friendly with them, weren't too flattering. Duberry was pointed out as a Donkey.

Anyway roll on Saturday and sunny Scunny, oh the glamour of the 3rd division :cool:
  • Options
    Not very.

However, I'm quite hopeful Rangers FC will go into administartion sometime soon :thumb:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    As a Leeds fan, I am most certainly not looking forward to the new season!
    Still, I've got my new season ticket, and I'll be share the pain and happiness for yet another season!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cheezie Grin
    As a Liverpool, I'm watching us follow Leeds into the First Division IF Gerard Houllier continues to play Traore and Biscan in the squad! They wouldn't even grace the Oldham team based on their preseason (and past seasons) form!

GH - Sell'em NOW!

Houllier is your problem with his 8 man defence.

As a Manchester United supporter I hope old bug eyes stays in control for a very long time:D
  • Options
    What winds me up is GH is alway staking positives from games where we play negatively! :confused:

Sort it out Mr H!
  • Options
    As per usual it'll be a two-team battle for the championship North of the border but I feel that it won't be the finish we had last season (Or at least I hope. Don't think my heart could take it).

As for Europe. Both Rangers & Celtic will get to the first league stage of the Champions League stage but don't think they will get any further. Alot depends on who is drawn in the leagues but I don't think there is enough quality in the teams to progress much further.

As for Englandshire ( :p ) it's gonna be tough again to choose between Arseholes & Wank Utd. ;)
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    Exactly how I feel about Micheal Duberry. Peter Reid has played him in all friendlies and he is shit. Hopefully when the squads fully fit Reid will look well past Duberry for his starting line-up.

Don't worry, Juan Pablo Angel kicked him in the face. He's out for 3 months :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    Don't worry, Juan Pablo Angel kicked him in the face. He's out for 3 months :)
    I know, best news Leeds have had for ages.
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    As for Englandshire ( :p ) it's gonna be tough again to choose between Arseholes & Wank Utd. ;)

Oh come on, Leeds have no chance ;):p
  • Options
    I support West Ham. I keep reading that we're favourites to win Division 1, personally I feel that's unlikely considering how many players we've sold (and they were complaining last year that our squad was too small....). Hopefully we'll go up, or at least make the playoffs.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    Quick question tho - a friend was at Man Utd Vs Arsenal at Cardiff Sunday gone, and said there were taunts about Arsene Wenger being a pedophile - anybody know the background to this?

I take it neither your friend or yourself are regular match goers as United have sung them songs at Wenger for years.
  • Options
    BJ - I think it goes back to a very weak rumour of Wenker shagging a young girl before he came to Arsehole. Unfortunately, I don't know the background to it. Like you, a scally fan who don't give a damn about scummy teams :D
  • Options
    BJ - I think it goes back to a very weak rumour of Wenker shagging a young girl before he came to Arsehole. Unfortunately, I don't know the background to it. Like you, a scally fan who don't give a damn about scummy teams :D

I didn't know this, I always thought it was to do with his disturbing face:D
  • Options
    Like you, a scally fan who don't give a damn about scummy teams :D

Have to say I'm looking forward to the 26 years chant. Not long now...

How many years is it already? You are at least half way there...
  • Options
    Currently at 13 LONG YEARS!
  • Options
    as a chelsea fan im feeling pretty optimistic for this season, the team has been doing ok in preseason and with perhaps a few more players coming in id say we have one of the strongest squads in the league now
  • Options
    well, I'd have to disagree.

I agree with you disagreeing ;)

They've bought too many midfielders, how in God's name can you fit Veron, Cole and Duff in the same midfield. Then they got Geremi and Lampard to think about too.

They should have broken the bank for a proven, word class striker to play alongside Mutu.

They'll finish 4th again.
  • Options
    Bridge started the game last night on the bench and played the last 20mins or so. Not something he will be happy with if, and also not something that will help him get international caps.

Veron is a waste of money at 15million, he has yet to prove himself in English football and from what I saw of him last night he won't be doing it any time soon. I understand the team needs time to gel but Veron never impressed me at Man U either.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    Bridge started the game last night on the bench and played the last 20mins or so.

Surely you mean Joe Cole?
  • Options
    You sure he started on the bench?

Coulda swore I saw him playing with duff!!!

hmmm

:chin:
    Soz, meant Cole.
    Bridge didn't even get mentioned in the reply I quoted from
  • Options
    They need time to gel together, and if they ain't happening, then they are the weakest team.

this is true, but still cant halp feeling excited
    Bridge started the game last night on the bench and played the last 20mins or so. Not something he will be happy with if, and also not something that will help him get international caps.

bridge was in the starting 11

and duff rules, we shouldve had 5 last night with the chances he created
  • Options
    Originally posted by Nastroman
    bridge was in the starting 11

and duff rules, we shouldve had 5 last night with the chances he created
    Meant Cole.

Duff is the best buy I think so far for Chelsea, he is a class act. Bit on the expensive side I think but I think he'll prove he's worth that kind of money.
  • Options
    aye but i guess thats good planning by blackburn to add the clause

and from interviews ive seen of jc over the preseason i kinda get the feeling he will be satisfied to not be a full starting 11 player, he is still young, and has a few flaws in his game, and working with the likes of veron can only improve him
  • Options
    Originally posted by Nastroman
    aye but i guess thats good planning by blackburn to add the clause

and from interviews ive seen of jc over the preseason i kinda get the feeling he will be satisfied to not be a full starting 11 player, he is still young, and has a few flaws in his game, and working with the likes of veron can only improve him
    Very good planning by Blackburn :yes:
    Haven't seen no interviews so I can't comment on that. I agree he can only improve around the class of player he is playing with (not Veron, he hasn't adapted to the english game yet). I also think unless he is playing week in and week out he will find it hard to prise his way into the England team.
  • Options
    Due to my beloved Rangers being in the right old doldrums due to the economic state of affairs in Scotland, as i have wrote in the Barry Ferguson thread, I do not have much optimism for this season i am afraid

Our great rivals Celtic seem to already have one foot into the Champions League whereas we are struggling.

Not very good!