Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Moral Dilemma

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK this is the scene . . .

You are in either a long term relationship or married.

Someone you know has expressed an interest in you regarding no strings (and I mean no strings) adult fun. Now don't go saying "aaahhh but what if?" or anything like that cause it won't wash. So the simple question is . . .

Would ya?

Could ya?

Disclaimer: This post has nothing to do with me whatsoever.

edited to say: Hypothetically....if you 100% knew no strings meant no strings!!!!!! and oyu wouldnt get caught!

Comments

• Options
    If it was the bloke I have a crush on in work then yes I would
    but only cos I'm not very happy in my relationshipat the moment
  • Options
    Been there, done that, meh.
  • Options
    Absolutely not.
    If I'm in a relationship then I'm in a relationship whether it's been 2 days, 2 months or 2 years.
    I never have cheated and hope I never do.

Certainly the last person I'd cheat on is my current g/f, she's just the most fantastic person I've ever known in my life.

And besides, 'no-strings' always leads to more ;)
  • Options
    I'm with AndyW on this one - there's no way I would ever do it.

If there's one thing I really can't tolerate it's cheating. I'm generally quite a laid-back, open-minded person, and tend not to have extremely strong opinions on most things, but no, definitely not. I've seen many of my close friends been hurt in the past by their partners cheating on them. I just don't understand the logic behind it - if you want to be in a relationship with somebody, you have a sense of commitment to them and that includes staying faithful to them.
  • Options
    It might turn into more than "no strings" and one or both might develop feelings for one another.

I don't think I could, especially with someone I didn't know. I couldn't have sex with someone who I hadn't spent time getting to know. I need to be comfortable with someone before I have sex with them, I am quite shy.
  • Options
  • Options
    Nope. Even if it was no strings and even if the bloke wouldnt find out, still nope. You have to think of your partners feelings - if you would cheat on them you can't feel very strongly for them anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    Nope. Even if it was no strings and even if the bloke wouldnt find out, still nope. You have to think of your partners feelings - if you would cheat on them you can't feel very strongly for them anyway.
    I don't agree. When people cheat I think they can still love their partners, because love and sex in this instance are two different things.
  • Options
    But if you loved someone then you'd care about their feelings. And if you love someone you don't want to see them hurt or upset, let alone be the cause of the hurt by doing something like that.
  • Options
    i am in a long distance relationship and i have had an offer like that but no i would never cheat on my bf, if u really love someone u dont do that kinda thing, no matter what situation u r in.

:heart: lisa
  • Options
    tell them to fuck off

if i was ever tempted, i would think why am i in this relationship

and i couldn't have no strings attached i don't think...

i want to be loved :crying:
  • Options
    maybe, depends who the girl is that wants the no strings attached and it also depends who you are in a relationship with.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith

here here!...i agree..... never catch me doing something like that..

i have been on the recieving end and had a relationship dissolve because of it and i dont want that to happen to anybody.....

plus i saw what it did to my rents marrige
  • Options
    no
  • Options
    No, I couldn't do it. I've cheated on my current boyfriend before (at Christmas), and I didn't feel too guilty then - he doesn't even know about it - so I used to think that I could easily cheat on him if I knew he wouldn't find out. But since then we've got so much closer and the relationship means so much more to me, and I could never ever cheat on him now. I wouldn't even want to.

So if I were married or in a more long-term relationship (this one's nearly a year), then I wouldn't/couldn't do it.
  • Options
    I don't think I could. I mean, I physically could, but it's the living with the guilt afterwards that I couldn't handle.
    I've been cheated on more than once, and I know how much that hurts, so I wouldn't want to inflict that much pain on someone I love. :no:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    I can understand why so many people would do it if the had a poor relationship - a relationship that they consider to be dead. However, I do not understand why those that are in such relationships cannot just end it, thereby vastly reducing heartache to the partner.

I wouldn't do it.
  • Options
    cus alot of people are inconsiderate and stupid

this is the world we inhabit, welcome one and all.