Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Prescriptions etc.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Okay, pretty sure that this should be in this bit....just wondering, do uni students get free prescriptions and dentist check-ups etc or do they have to pay full price? Thanks!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if you're under 19 you get free prescriptions.

once you turn 19 you have to fill out a form called HC1 to find out whether you qualify for free prescriptions/dental treatment etc. you can get this form from your GPs, dentists, opticians etc etc, and I'm told that many people get positive response so its worth filling out. I am still in the middle of filling mine out though and I'm 21 :rolleyes: doh! It's quite complicated though, especially if your wanting to claim for anything you've already paid for!

my advice, get hold of one of these form thingis and fill it in as soon as poss!!!
    Yes, what she said!!

You can only get so much help towards fees though, but it is so worth it if you have a recurring medical problem!
    Thanks for the replies:) I was pretty confused as people have told me different things.