Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Tech Help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm having a problem with my PC.

Every time i switch on my PC it boots up ok until the mcafee virus scan kicks in, then my PC seems to freeze for a while before a message comes up on screen saying that the virus scan isnt responding. If I click on end task my PC shuts itself down, if I click on cancel then a screen comes up saying 'shutdown error' and it prompts me to click on OK. If I do click on OK it shuts itself down!

I'm a bit of a novice on the PC but I'm guessing the problem lies with the mcafee program. I've tried to delete the program off my system but it still loads up whenever i start my PC

Any help would be welcome

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You should boot into safe mode (holf f8 i think when booting up, or f6 or f5!) and remove McAfee or remove it from startup, it's given me jip with my PC before.