Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

the pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've been on the pill for about 8 months now, i'm half way through this months set but yesterday i started bleeding, and i'm still bleeding today, why is that happening, it can't be my period can it?

Comments

• Options
    Go to the doctor hon - it might be *gasp* pregnancy.
  • Options
    I don't think it's pregnancy - if it is then you shouldn't be bleeding! When you are on the pill it is still possible that you can have small periods I think - seem to remember doing something on that in Biology last year. Best to be safe and go to doctors but i'm sure it's nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    That happened with me before, have u missed any pills because that sometimes happens when u miss pills.

Id go to a doctor to double check thou hun. Good luck
  • Options
    Originally posted by Good Riddance
    I don't think it's pregnancy - if it is then you shouldn't be bleeding!

That's not true.
    I had the same problem once & the first thing the doc did was give me a pregnancy test.

(I also apparently had my biologist boyf really worried cos he thought I was pregnant :lol: )
  • Options
    Originally posted by Good Riddance
    I don't think it's pregnancy - if it is then you shouldn't be bleeding!

Some women still have periods all the way through their pregnancy. That happened with my mates mom.
  • Options
    Sometimes your body just decides that pill is not for you - it may be that you need to change, it could also be that you missed just one or took one more than 12 hours too late.
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya,
    Although it's probably nothing you should really go and get it checked out with your GP, especially as it's the first time its happened. If you'd rather not go to your GP you can call FPA on 0845 3101334.

CB
  • Options
    Dont worry, it happened to me, ive dont it the past month, bled for about 5days, my reason was because i had missed one though, have u missed a pill?
  • Options
    i'm definitly not pregnant. i was late taking my pill on saturday (in fact i didn't take it until sunday morning) maybe that is why. thanks anyway.
  • Options
    Thats been happening to me but bleeding heavily and a lot of pain but doctor said it was just break through bleeding. I'm also getting really tender breasts, anyone else get this?