Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

languages at leeds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
im doing french at leeds uni and i'll be going into my second yr in september. i find it all intimidating still though because although ive passed my 1st year, im pretty sure i need to improve ALOT. there are so many fluent speakers in my year it scares me.

anyone else have a similar problem or would like to practice french with me via email or somethin?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i do languages at heriot watt, french and russian. Leeds was insurance choice and I know that it's very good for languages.

You really shouldn't worry about your level right now. the thing with languages is it's really hard to compare one person with another. one person can be really good at grammar but not sound natural when they speak, or the other way round.

also, i'm guessing you'll be doing your year abroad next year? that will really make a HUGE difference to your ability, and your confidence. take it from someone who's just done their year out. I know I've still got a long way to go before I can call myself fluent, but I feel so much more confident now that I can cope in any situation in France and Russia.

If you want to PM me (in French or English!!) I'd love to help - I could do with the practice myself.