Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

help please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi! I'm posting this on behalf of a friend from another forum so any help would be very appreciated!
I put a cd in my m drive to take a listen but it wouldn't play. So I went to "my computer" to double click on it and the drive wasn't there!!!!!

Both my M and N drives are missing And I can't even put in my system recovery disk to try to fix it.

Does anyone know what I should/could do.

Thanx in advance for any help :D

Comments

• Options
    Tricky. Has your friend tried turning off the computer and restarting it?

You could also turning it off, opening up the case, and making sure all the cables are plugged in properly.
  • Options
    In Windows, press WIN + PAUSE to bring up the system properties and device manager. Right-click on "my computer" and select "search for new hardware". This should detect the CD-ROM drive.

The WIN key is the flag button at the bottom-left of your keyboard. The PAUSE button is the top-right of your keyboard, just before the numeric pad.
  • Options
    Thanx alot

She has it working now :D