Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

an inspector calls

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
i just watched an inspector calls on the tele...i did it for gcse in year 10....and im so annoyed! on the tele they've changed the inspectors name from ghoul to poole which is damn annoying! and it means the whole thing makes no sence! grrr...why do they do that!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    to annoy people like you?

grr they've got some nerve trying to annoy someone like you, if i wasnt so lazy i'd do something about it!
  • Options
    I just watched it too. I thought that they changed his name. I did it a few years ago at school, probably year 10.
  • Options
    I did it in Year Eleven, I enjoyed doing it so much! I don't think I'd bother watching this screen adaptation if it's going to get me worked up, which it will! I hate stuff like that!
  • Options
    hehe we went to see it on stage and it was brilliant, its a good play just changing his name.....well hello?! how does it work then! the whole idea was that the inspector wasnt real hence the name - ghoul! duh!
  • Options
    i did that book at high school and i cant remember a damn thing about it, whats it all about again? maybe i just think i did it, no i definately did, i think! someone remind me!
  • Options
    the inspector comes to tell the family about a girl who commited suicide by drinkin disinfectant, they are all connected and it all unfolds as to how they r involved and then in the end they find out the inspector isnt an inspector and just as they are about to confront him the fone rings and they are told a police officer is coming round to talk to them about a girl who has just commited suicide by drinkin disinfectant! and then the original inspector has diaspeared! woooo! hehe
  • Options
    Re: an inspector calls
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    i just watched an inspector calls on the tele...i did it for gcse in year 10....and im so annoyed! on the tele they've changed the inspectors name from ghoul to poole which is damn annoying! and it means the whole thing makes no sence! grrr...why do they do that!

it wasn't "ghoul". it was "goole" :p
  • Options
    Re: Re: an inspector calls
    Originally posted by Dreamer3k
    it wasn't "ghoul". it was "goole" :p
    Yes, I was thinking that too. I did it at school and also saw it performed for pleasure and I never once made any connection between the Inspector's name and the fact that he "disappeared". Are you sure there is meant to be a connection? :confused:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: an inspector calls
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Yes, I was thinking that too. I did it at school and also saw it performed for pleasure and I never once made any connection between the Inspector's name and the fact that he "disappeared". Are you sure there is meant to be a connection? :confused:

Yeah we did it for GCSE too & there is definately suppose to be a connection between the name & the 'mystery' surrounding the character. I liked the play but didn't bother watching it today, figured they would be too many changes & looks like i was right :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: an inspector calls
    Originally posted by Stephie
    I liked the play but didn't bother watching it today, figured they would be too many changes & looks like i was right :rolleyes:
    To be fair, there was one change!
  • Options
    oops goole i knew id not spelt it right but i couldnt think how it was wrong *am blonde* :p

but yeah thats the connection...so annoyed me wen they changed it in the film....damn them! lol
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    damn ... i missed it. didnt realise it was on the tv. i studied it in S2 and i really loved it. been wanting to see it ever since.
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    damn ... i missed it. didnt realise it was on the tv. i studied it in S2 and i really loved it. been wanting to see it ever since.

i was going to say i recorded it...but thats really not helpful for you
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    i was going to say i recorded it...but thats really not helpful for you

not really but thanks for the thought :)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: an inspector calls
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    To be fair, there was one change!

:) Ok i stand corrected, i was expecting there to be quite a few though.