Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

i am so scared!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
i'm really beging to panic about my A level Results and i mean PANIC! i can just see myself having a nervous break down by the time it comes round to results day.

i almost start hypoventilating at the thought of getting them. anyone get any tips on how to keep calm? they would be much appriciated. thanks.X
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Re: i am so scared!
    Originally posted by juice1984
    i'm really beging to panic about my A level Results and i mean PANIC! i can just see myself having a nervous break down by the time it comes round to results day.

i almost start hypoventilating at the thought of getting them. anyone get any tips on how to keep calm? they would be much appriciated. thanks.X

look at it this way: there is absolutely nothing you can do to change what your results will be, and i know it sounds hard/impossible but youre just going to have to cope until the 14th of august!

if you feel like youre getting stressed, take a few minutes to calm down by closing your eyes and really concentrating on your breathing. it sounds weird but it will help take your mind off it!

do you have a job or hobby to keep you occupied until the results day? try to keep yourself as busy as possible...

what do you need to get? are you under a lot of pressure? ive heard that sometimes the unis tend to be quite lenniant on your grades (depending on what course youre planning on doing)

good luck:)
  • Options
    hi, thanks.
    ive got a part time job and ive got loadssssss of extra hours over the summer, just to keep me occupied!! i can understand you saying that what ever my results are i can't change them! its not harsh, its very true!lol.
    i need to get a 2 B's and a C. which doesn't sound that much, but i've hated college, it made me so depressed i ended up on antidepressants. it really stressed me out, it was number 4 in the list of top colleges in the country so the pressure is unbelievable.

thanks a lot for your help. i'll keep the breathing techniques in mind.
    XXX
  • Options
    Your right that ya cant change ya grades, but you got to remember one very important thing.

YOU ARE NOT YOUR GRADES!

You can't change them, short of breaking into the relavent exam head office, hacking their comp and changing your details..... but you do risk gettin put in jail and stuff.......

But the most important thing to realise is that if it all go REALLY wrong, it's not the end of the world. People keep telling me that if they don't get into their uni that its a "year wasted" which is a load of crap, it's only wasted if ya sit on your arse doin nothing for a whole year........ (unless thats what you want to do!)

So urm Chill out :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :)

Bopz
  • Options
    I'm scared about my AS results so i can't imagine how your feeling! I had a dream the other night where i failed all my exams & was crying my eyes out but none of my friends cared!:(
    I can't say anything here that hasn't already been said but try not to worry, keep occupied when your not working & just remember that it wont be the end of the world if you don't get what you want, although i'm sure you'll have done good
  • Options
    Originally posted by Stephie
    I'm scared about my AS results so i can't imagine how your feeling! I had a dream the other night where i failed all my exams & was crying my eyes out but none of my friends cared!:(

good thing about AS's is that there is always room for retakes! :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Stephie
    I can't say anything here that hasn't already been said but try not to worry, keep occupied when your not working & just remember that it wont be the end of the world if you don't get what you want, although i'm sure you'll have done good
    You're scared about AS results? You may want to go on tranquilisers next year at around this time then...
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    You're scared about AS results? You may want to go on tranquilisers next year at around this time then...

That sounds hugely patronising. They are terrifying at the time - all exams are. Christ, half our year were wetting themselves for sodding GCSE's, nevermind A levels. Yes AS levels may sound like nothing to A2's but then degree students would find your fear pretty minor compared to theirs. It's all relative.
  • Options
    Then my worries might seem pretty insignificant to some, but I'm very worried about my GCSE results.

I need 3 C's and 1 B (I already got one) to get into the courses I want at college. And it didn't seem a lot to start with, but now after all my exams, I'm starting to worry more and more.

I definitely could've done a lot better than I did, and I don't know if I've done well enough to do what I want to do. Some of my friends wouldn't believe I have doubts about my results, when they think I'm so good academically. But I guess everyone worries about the future, especially in exam results.

And we all have to go through that period of anxiety and anticipation, so remember it happens to everyone, and do anything to pass the time until you find out.
  • Options
    to everyone who's waiting for results:

:) best of luck and i hope you get what you deserve and need :)

there, now you've had the good luck charm from KoolCat, you've got nothing to worry about!
  • Options
    I didn't know they had college league tables! And I've never heard of needing specific grades to get onto college courses!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I didn't know they had college league tables! And I've never heard of needing specific grades to get onto college courses!

For an AS course in my area, you need 5 or more C's. If you are predicted 5 C's, but don't get them, the college will try to rearrange courses, ie with relevant retakes etc. The same goes for the more vocational college - 5 C's are needed to get onto a level 3 (I think?) course, and if you don't get them then you can rearrange for a lower level.

Also, some courses have subject grade requirements - usually a C or above in English and Maths, and a C or above in any/a particular language, for language courses (for AS Spanish you need a GCSE C in any language, but for AS Russian you need a GCSE C in Russian.

(This is just the colleges in my area. But many colleges ask for specific grades at GCSE.)
  • Options
    To do the courses I want, I need C in English, C in Science (double award), and B in Maths, plus a B I already have. That makes up 3 C's and 2 B's I need to do the 4 courses at college that I want to do.
  • Options
    you can retake your A Levels in February anyway
  • Options
    Originally posted by clara
    good thing about AS's is that there is always room for retakes! :D

Thats what i keep telling myself! :)

Anyway good luck to everyone waiting for their results, whether its GCSE, AS, A2 or whatever!:D :p
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    good luck to all those waiting results. there isnt much you can do about them at the moment so you have to stop worrying about them (sorry, not helpful but true) keep occupied and try and keep them out of your mind.

i hated exams and i dont think exam results wholly reflect your ability in a certain subject. keep focussed on what you want and you will get it. this is something i truly believe :)