Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Slightly autistic?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Years ago my sister told me she thought I was slightly autistic!

When I think about it perhaps I am? As a teenager I used to hide and ask my mum to tell my friends I was out if they called round. Not because I din't like them but because I just didn't want to be dragged out to do stuff with them, it was like a kind of torture for me.

One friend told me when we'd grown up that she follwed me round school trying to be my friend but I was always really standoffish. Even when she told me I was like 'yeah...ok, am I supposed to say sorry?'

I have a couple of good friends now but I even keep them at arms length and if I bump into people I know when shopping and they suggest going for a coffee I often make up a story about how I've got to be somewhere else so i don't have to sit down and talk to them!

Anyone else like this?

Comments

• Options
    you never know, but maybe your friend just doesnt get why you like your own company best. doesnt neccesarily mean it has to be a medical condition. You dont come across as having autistic tendencies in the way you write, but obviously i dont really know you.
  • Options
    :no: im not. but i do have days when I just cant be bothered with anything or anyone and If i see an old friend or someone i know, i usually keep my head down or try to avoid them.
  • Options
    Hmmm, yeah...but I'm like that ALL the time!
  • Options
    maybe you just hate people? Nothing wrong with that. its perfectly understandable.
  • Options
    I think maybe I know where you`re coming from byny. You have a serious mind, that much is obvious. You have little patience for small talk? You appear to be antisocial, but you`re not are you? You just don`t want to waste time.

I could be wrong.
  • Options
    If you are seriously worried about it why dnt you get your self assessed?
    i think what you do have wouldnt be autism specifically, but asburgers(sp) with is like a mild form of it.
  • Options
    i keep hearing voices ...does that make me slightly accoustic?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    I think maybe I know where you`re coming from byny. You have a serious mind, that much is obvious. You have little patience for small talk? You appear to be antisocial, but you`re not are you? You just don`t want to waste time.

I could be wrong.

That is so true!