Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

memories.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what if any are the advantages of batteries with memory?

Comments

• Options
    Re: memories.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    what if any are the advantages of batteries with memory?
    you just ignoring me or doesn't anyone know ...i need to know god damn it!
  • Options
    What does a battery need to remember?
  • Options
    I reckon its because with a normal rechargeable battery if you dont charge and discharge it fully it will not charge all the way up or down after a while. This is in older batteries such as Ni-cad and they "forget" their full potential.

I think thats what it means :confused:
  • Options
    Re: Re: memories.
    you just ignoring me

I told you they were all ignorant barstewards, didnt I :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crazyredeyes
    I reckon its because with a normal rechargeable battery if you dont charge and discharge it fully it will not charge all the way up or down after a while. This is in older batteries such as Ni-cad and they "forget" their full potential.

I think thats what it means :confused:
    no crazy you got it the wrong way round. those with memory have to be fully discharged and recharged or else you only end up with a small amount of recharge ...this is why i don't understand what advantage there can be to having a memory.
    i have a number of chordless power tools which i am slowly replacing ...with the intention of hunting down batteries which DON'T remember when i last plugged them in. what is the idea behind them?
  • Options
    with the intention of hunting down batteries which DON'T remember when i last plugged them in.

but is it ethical to hunt, those batteries might have feelings
  • Options
    Originally posted by hobbs
    but is it ethical to hunt, those batteries might have feelings
    it gets worse!
  • Options
    no crazy you got it the wrong way round. those with memory have to be fully discharged and recharged or else you only end up with a small amount of recharge ...this is why i don't understand what advantage there can be to having a memory.
    i have a number of chordless power tools which i am slowly replacing ...with the intention of hunting down batteries which DON'T remember when i last plugged them in. what is the idea behind them?

Maybe its to remind you that you have to fully discharge them ?

What type of batteries are they ?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crazyredeyes
    Maybe its to remind you that you have to fully discharge them ?

What type of batteries are they ?
    but you don't have to discharge ordinary batteries! that's why they make more sense.
    you charge em use em recharge em, treat them badly and they always end up fully charged. imagine if your car battery had a memory ...it would cuase serious problems.
    anyone out there answer my question? i don't know ...education education edubleedincation!