Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Conversations with strangers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
do you do it?

i dont mean a 'hello' to the granny walking past you in the street, or a 'yes i'll have ten pounds cashback' to the cashier in the supermarket, i mean a sit down in a coffee shop or a bar in the afternoon and actually talking to someone... anyone?

Even just to say 'hows life'? Does anyone else enjoy deep and philosophical conversations with random strangers?

Comments

• Options
    Re: Conversations with strangers
    Originally posted by badabing
    do you do it?

i dont mean a 'hello' to the granny walking past you in the street, or a 'yes i'll have ten pounds cashback' to the cashier in the supermarket, i mean a sit down in a coffee shop or a bar in the afternoon and actually talking to someone... anyone?

Even just to say 'hows life'? Does anyone else enjoy deep and philosophical conversations with random strangers?
    all to often ...
  • Options
    when I go clubbing I talk to loads of people, and everyone in the chill out room is usually my best mate by the end of the night!
  • Options
    Re: Re: Conversations with strangers
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    all to often ...

Its beautiful isnt it? Indulging in wonderful conversation for what seems like hours on end, talking about the nothingness and the fear and the memories and the ambitions and the current and the past and the future and the mysteries. I love that so much, its so... exhilirating
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Conversations with strangers
    , its so... exhilirating
    until they start slurping their food and picking their nose while looking you right in the eye and hanging on every word your saying ...disconcerting.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Conversations with strangers
    until they start slurping their food and picking their nose while looking you right in the eye and hanging on every word your saying ...disconcerting.

never had that on as of yet! :p
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Conversations with strangers
    never had that on as of yet! :p
    i have to go outside and salt some slugs.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Conversations with strangers

I love nothing more.
    Where I can, without looking a complete twat I start as many conversations as I can, like on the bus the other day, had a really deep talk with a bloke about where we go from here, and how much do we exactly play a part in our inevitable fate. Made me feel really good about myself.

And of course, after fuckin' avin' it on the dance floor for several hours, there's nothing better than stepping into the toilet to be greeted by a wide-eyed, grinning character. A fellow child of the chemical generation, the conversations are so deep, and so meaningful, theres something amazing about it. You know it's all bullshit but it makes you feel so euphoric.
    And upon leaving them, you can safely say, you have a new best friend.
    Course, you won't remember them in the morning, but still, s'all part of the experience.

Just wish it were the same on the street, you could go up to people without fearing they'll stab you or something.
  • Options
    well, i wasnt originally in mind of people on acid! lol, but hey - whatever floats your boat!

I love them. I cant get enough of them I really cant. Its so rewarding to see something from someone else's point of view, maybe an opinion you ahd never considered before. and its sush a fantastic feeling to express yourself, especially when thats to someone who is not bored of hearing your voice already.

Talking to strangers is a wonderful way to widen your eyes and look deeper into the heart of the world; do it.
  • Options
    i have to go outside and lay down now ...i'm not well.
  • Options
    i thought you were going ages ago!

tart.

in a bitch.
  • Options
    i thought you were going ages ago!

tart.

in a bitch.
    oink.
  • Options
    oink.

boobs.
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    when I go clubbing I talk to loads of people, and everyone in the chill out room is usually my best mate by the end of the night!
    That's because you're hot...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kurt
    That's because you're hot...

...And it has absolutely nothing to do with MDMA and close relatives at all. :p
  • Options
    Dammit z0ma, I was hoping to get away with my little remark without it being drawn attention to!:p

Anyhoo yeah, I could talk shite to someone easily enough as long as it's just a random thing. When the pressure's on and I have to use those skills with the womenfolk, well that's another story..:blush: