Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

its the little things...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...in life that count.

happy memories here please.

Comments

• Options
    Hmm, I used to like it when I lived near my family and every Saturday my nan would come round and give me lots of sweets and play stupid games with me and chatter and dance like a twat. :) But now I only see her twice a year. :| Ah well.
  • Options
    My birthday night was really good. But the storys too long to go into. Had a good night saturday aswell. Theres some recent happy memories :D

But i used to love being little and doing little kids stuff :/
  • Options
    wasnt kiezo defending himself with that phrase when we were talking about penis size the other week? :p
  • Options
    :lol: holidays when i was young :lol: we had a caravanette one year and we(my 2 big brothers and my mum and dad) were sat in it one night eating dinner and my dad farted :lol: . we were all killing ourselves laughing and couldnt stop and my dad ended up telling us to get out ( wasnt keen on being laughed at for so long by 3 youngsters) and we had to wander about this rotten campsite for ages and we had no money. we spent the night daring one another to go back and ask him for pocket money, you had to be there. still makes me chuckle :lol:
  • Options
    :confused: ya had me confused for a moment there but i'll smile and nod and walk away slowly! :lol: i dunno mate, i wasnt there :cool:
  • Options
    Originally posted by wee wuman
    :lol: holidays when i was young :lol: we had a caravanette one year and we(my 2 big brothers and my mum and dad) were sat in it one night eating dinner and my dad farted :lol: . we were all killing ourselves laughing and couldnt stop and my dad ended up telling us to get out ( wasnt keen on being laughed at for so long by 3 youngsters) and we had to wander about this rotten campsite for ages and we had no money. we spent the night daring one another to go back and ask him for pocket money, you had to be there. still makes me chuckle :lol:

OMFG, Yes, how amusing. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    you being sarcastic? :)
  • Options
    I remember walking down the isle of my uncle and aunty's wedding at two years old with my curly blonden hair as a bridesmaid. it was wonderful :)

I remember going to Disney land Florida when I was nearly 8, I remember going to see Michael Jackson in concert at Wembley on his dangerous tour.

I remember moving house across the new estate and my brother was cycling from my friends house (the one we moved into) alongside me, but he was going really fast in the middle of the road and he was carrying a football. his football fell out of his hands and under his bike and he came off and landed on his neck. he's very lucky to be alive.
  • Options

Not at all.
  • Options
    Why are you smiling? Godammit, woman, you may be 'wee' but you can still get mad and scary!! FIREdevil.gif
  • Options
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing
    Why are you smiling? Godammit, woman, you may be 'wee' but you can still get mad and scary!! FIREdevil.gif
    :lol: i didnt want to look confrontational, i wasnt sure if it was genuine or sarcasm cos although its funny to me some may be like " yeah ok" :)
  • Options
    :lol: i didnt want to look confrontational, i wasnt sure if it was genuine or sarcasm cos although its funny to me some may be like " yeah ok" :)

Aww, you are so sweet. :heart::D
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    Aww, you are so sweet. :heart::D
    gee shucks :blush: thanks. i can be a bad ass bitch too though :lol:
  • Options
    *pulls out hair* I know i've hijacked a few threads in my time, but thats no reason to hijack mine! :(

I wanted this to be a thread full of happy memories that people can read and reminisce about, and enjoy other people's memories too.

i have some wonderful memories (somewhere!) from when i was a little girl. does no one else want to share theirs??
  • Options
    gee shucks :blush: thanks. i can be a bad ass bitch too though :lol:

Cant we all. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing
    *pulls out hair* I know i've hijacked a few threads in my time, but thats no reason to hijack mine! :(

aww dont panic, nobodies highjacking!
    i have loads of happy memories like when we discovered the new dog we had got from the cat and dog home was 6 weeks pregnant and she had 6 pups that we had to look after until they were old enough to leave their mummy, that was tops! to see them go from new born puppies who couldnt do much to wee playful buggers that got every where , what a great time :)
  • Options
    Another. i was diagnosed diabetic not long after my ninth birthday. in hospital a nurse tried to force me to do my own injection 3 days after i was diagnosed, i was only 9 for god sake and i wasnt ready(my bro took to doing his straight away but he was 13). she had me in tears for an hour, told my mum and dad to leave the room and told me i was upsetting them. she eventually gave in and left me with a huge bruise were i had tried to inject and a reluctance to do my own injections. a year and a half later and the thought of not being able to go on a school trip spurred me to try! my mum and dad couldnt go with me obviously. i sat all night practising on an orange and then my dad said to have a go on him (just putting the needle in and taking it straight back out). i was reluctant but I DID IT! i was in tears as well as my folks. the next morning i got up early and did my own injection, i felt fantastic. thats a great memory :)
  • Options
    I remember sitting in the garden and watching two frogs fucking. I told my mum we needed to call the vets because one was trying to kill the other one.

I remember trying to 'rescue' a butterfly with a damaged wing. It flew away.

I remember getting my puppy :)

I rememer singing my heart out upstairs, i was practicing a song i had to sing (i was nancy in olliver) when i was in year nine, and i didnt think anyone was in so i was really bellowing it out, and then when i finished all i could hear was cheering and clapping from downstairs from my mum and dad.

And one of my most wonderful memories;

me and my dad never had a good relationship (until recently), he used to neglect me (which he has fully admitted) and spend his days at home with my brother playing football (he used to work at the scrubs in London). I used to get so upset, he was my hero, i wanted to be just like him and he didnt even know i exsisted. I felt so let down by him.
    He never drove me to stage school, or took me to my riding lessons or came to see my plays, simply because he wouldnt make time for me. He wouldnt take any time out to spend with me; he didnt know how to be a daddy to a little girl.

I was doing this performance at school and it was being performed in the college's theatre, and I got the main part. It was the first time I had ever gotten a main part and i was so happy. It was more of a movement piece than a play, but i was so proud of it.

My mum came to see it on the first night, but she told me, and my dad told me, that he couldnt go because he was too busy. I was so upset, it was my first realy part in a performance and i was so proud of myself, and my hero would be there to see it.

I went on stage on the closing night, absolutely heartbroken that my dad didnt care, and as i walked up the isles of the audience (part of the piece) on my own, showing my golden egg to the people in the audience, i reached out and looked up and my dad was sat there right in front of me, in the audience, alone, on the closing night. That meant so fucking much to me.