Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Batman vs Superman

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok, so this should probably be in entertainment but I thought I'd post it hear so Susie could teach the work experience bod how to move a thread :D

Anyhoo, I was having a drunken conversation with a friend the other night about the proposed Superman verses Batman film & we were trying to decide who, in an ideal world, we'd want to play the superheroes.

Bearing in mind that in the original comics of this particular story, Batman was in his 50s (er, apparantly), we decided on John Malcovich for Batman.

(Ideally I'd want Vin Diesel for obvious reasons)

& for Superman, all we could come up with was Orlando Bloom.

So, any thoughts?

& yes, I really am this bored
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    it's not answering your question at all, but i have to say it's obvious who'd win a fight between batman and superman.

superman has superpowers and can fly and all that jazz.

batman's just some dude in a cape with a camp sidekick who go round beating people up.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Well, in an obviously predictable ending, you know they're going to join forces in the end :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames

but I would have to go for .. well, obviousley, Batman is square jawed and built well with a good chest and legs - so I would pick Jude law.

Ah, but he's been tipped to play Superman in the new Superman film.
    How confusing would that be!
  • Options
    i'd want arnie playing batman.

i'd go see it then.
  • Options
    Originally posted by legal junkie
    i'd want arnie playing batman.

i'd go see it then.

but Arnie has already played a batman villain... can't have that :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    but Arnie has already played a batman villain... can't have that :p

hmmm....

but he's so comical.

hoo iz your daddy and vot duz he doo?
  • Options
    hmm, kindergarten kop... been a while since i watched that!
  • Options
    it wil stay as geaorge clooney for batman and charlie sheen as superman
  • Options
    Well, since the whole concept of this BvsS movie is having each character and their cities as 2 sides of the same coin, the actors have to be able to pull this off. Batman needs to be on the edge and worn down, whereas Supes is still a wholesome boyscout.

Batman-
    Bring back Michael Keaton! He was great as the psycho bats
    Nicholas Cage proved he could play unhinged in Bringing out the Dead.
    Willem Dafoe. Okay so he was in Spiderman but who cares? He held that movie together and it would be cool to see him as a good guy again, old Alias :)
    The mighty, mighty Johnny Depp. But even if he was offered the role I couldn't see him agreeing to it, it's not his bag baby.

The problem here is that I don't like the idea of putting a young actor into either of these roles. I've heard talk of matt damon and of orlando bloom, josh hartnett et al but I can't see them in either role, it would be a big mistake.

Superman-
    To be honest I really have no idea. They'd have to have one hell of a physique but there's nobody in hollywood today that I can see in the role. Maybe Ben Affleck but he just did Daredevil. I think on the whole the movie is a mistake, especially Superman. They should leave this one alone, and try to make something original and not another GODDAMN SUPERHERO MOVIE! (even tho I did collect comics, I'm just sick of these shite adaptations)

2 other notes- Mark Whalberg is the worst actor I've ever seen and ruins everything he's in. The only thing that saved 3 Kings from his death touch was Clooney.
    And Supes may be stronger, but Bats is a hell of a lot smarter. He's build himself kryptonite knuckledusters or something and knock the hell outta supes!:D
  • Options
    Woo, that was a long post. But if you see all that and just skim past it, go back and read it please, I think it's got some good points and it's the longest post I've ever done. Bless your 'art :)
  • Options
    nana nana nana nana nana nana nana nana BATMAN

I LUV BATMAN, specially tho old batman movie with the 'shark'

it's sooo fake but ooooooooh so good :thumb:
  • Options
    DarkKnight04.jpg
  • Options
    *cough*supermansucksass*cough*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kurt
    Willem Dafoe. Okay so he was in Spiderman but who cares? He held that movie together and it would be cool to see him as a good guy again, old Alias :)

You mean from Platoon (classic film)?

Can someone explain to me why Batman and Superman would be fighting in the first place?
  • Options
    Good question MoK :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    You mean from Platoon (classic film)?

Can someone explain to me why Batman and Superman would be fighting in the first place?
    Alias from Platoon exactly MoK :)

Regarding the whole "why would bats and supes fight"...

WARNING! POSSIBLE SPOILER SO DON'T LOOK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW

Batman vs. Superman

Batman's fiancée dies and Superman, whom Batman blames for her death, saves Batman's soul.

The story was a way to reinvigorate both characters, even though the theme was dark and the two superheroes fought during much of the film.

In addition to the two heroes, there are three important female roles. Superman's Metropolis and Batman's Gotham City will also be featured in the project and the film will be character-driven.

That's the gist I got from a reliable site. hope it helped. The trouble it's going through mind, it may never see production. Same with the standalone Superman film, with Josh Hartnett recently rejecting the role.

(and the sequel to Spiderman has a $200 million production price tag its rumoured :eek: )

I'm not a geek. Honest
  • Options
    lol, kurt, you remind me of brody from mallrats with your inane knowledge of all things comic relatd :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by sprocket
    lol, kurt, you remind me of brody from mallrats with your inane knowledge of all things comic relatd :D

Say, would you like a chocolate covered pretzel? :D
  • Options
    no compo, its gotta be Superman :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    no compo, its gotta be Superman :D

oh vicky *shakes head* i'm ashamed of you!

surely you are joking!?! :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by fugue
    oh vicky *shakes head* i'm ashamed of you!

surely you are joking!?! :p
    Oh come on!! Superman is much cooler, his powers and strength is better and hed kick batmans ass! :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Oh come on!! Superman is much cooler, his powers and strength is better and hed kick batmans ass! :yes:

phfff......whenever i think of super man i see dean cain or that stupid guy out of smallville.
    Did you not grow up with batman, i mean, he's the coolest. He had a batmobile AND a batcave.
    and the light thingy that made a bat in the air!