Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

So gutted :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As most of you know, tomorrow was going to be an awesome day for me, as I was going to get to jump out of a plane, as a birthday present. Well, Harriet had to phone up last night to confirm, and they have had to postpone it to next weekend, possibly later, as they have a problem with their aeroplane and are waiting for spares from the States. The organisers were trying to get another plane, but haven't been able to.

grrrrr :crying:

Comments

• Options
    That sucks mate. I'm trying to gee myself up for a parachute jump. I'm terrified of heights (I mean real scared. I get dizzy looking out of a second floor window, I shit you not) but just can't seem to bring myself to book it.

Good luck for next weekend :thumb:
  • Options
    Yeah lets hope they get these spares. As for the heights thing, I cant stand them. I live on the 2nd floor, and because im quite tall, our balcony wall only reaches just below my waist.... i get severe vertigo, hence i don't go on the balcony. However, i have done a inverted bungee jump, where you go from the floor upwards, i dunno, i will see how i feel when i get up there, and let everyone know... if it goes ahead :(
  • Options
    Yeah, the guy told Harriet to tell me not to get impacient, and that it is well worth the wait. arrrghh but i was so psyched up to do it... grrr :banghead:

by the way, this is post 1111 :p
  • Options
    Ooer, I didnt know u was gonna do that. aint ya scared? I'd be crapping maself.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that you have to wait another week!!!:(

But he is right , it is well worth the wait!!!

Trust me, i have been there and done that, well here in S.A, and it was a tandum, but still brilliant, and fro X-Mas this year i want to go and do accelerated feefall!!

Good luck, you will love it, just relax and enjoy the ride!

:p :thumb:
  • Options
    I'd love to do a solo jump, going to get my tandem out the way first tho :)

what's an accelerated free-fall?? :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    what's an accelerated free-fall?? :eek2:

Isn't that when you jump yourself and get free-fall time. The other kinda solo jump is when you jump out the plane but on exiting the plane the chute opens itself. With AFF you get to scoot about for abit then pull the cord all by your ownsome.

EDITED TO ADD: :wave: Slinky. Long time no see. All OK?
  • Options
    Good luck to you.
  • Options
    Lucky shite. I wish i was going skydiving. :|

Good luck :thumb:
  • Options
    the solo jump i was talking about was jumping, flying around for a while then pulling the cord. Same as a tandem, but on your own :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShInE
    Lucky shite. I wish i was going skydiving. :|

Just for you R&S.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    the solo jump i was talking about was jumping, flying around for a while then pulling the cord. Same as a tandem, but on your own :p

And that's what I think they call AFF. :p:p:p:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Just for you R&S.

:thumb:

Cheers :)
  • Options
    And that's what I think they call AFF. :p:p:p:D

smarty panted ninja loony :razz::razz::razz:
  • Options
    Isn't that when you jump yourself and get free-fall time. The other kinda solo jump is when you jump out the plane but on exiting the plane the chute opens itself. With AFF you get to scoot about for abit then pull the cord all by your ownsome.

EDITED TO ADD: :wave: Slinky. Long time no see. All OK?

Hi there your self ninja!!

Been at our office, and we have no internet there, but i am back at the client now!!

Skydiving one on one:

Tandem : Your instuctor is tied to your back! He does everything you just enjoy the ride. altitue 10 000 feet

Dummy Rope/Static line : This is when your shoot is attached to a rope and is automatically pulled when you jump. altitude 2 -4000 feet

Accerlerated free fall: this is the best , u jump on your own, but with two other instructor, just jump with you, they make sure everything goes right, and one of them pull your cord for you, this jusp you do at the same altitude as a tamdem (10 000 feet)

and then there is the solo - which is just like the name says - completely on your own!

:p

Hope i have cleared it up for you!!

edited to add :

estimated free fall times :

tandem and aff(10 000 ft) 45 sec

static line : 3-4 sec