Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

The Invisible Generation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
We have nearly achieved total cut off form the adult generation.

As a whole Im talking about here; not including any exceptions of course.

But come on, how often do we spend time with our parents? Either our parents arent there any more, or we arent.

And can you honestly say your parents know everything about you? I know 20 odd year olds who's parents still dont know they smoke - hell, I know 40 year olds who's parents dont know they smoke!

What about your whereabouts? Do your parents know about that all the time? Do they know when you go out to a house party and get paraletic and return home the next day pretending you've been at a friends and that nothing has happened?

Do they know when you, a 14 year old girl, go out and meet a 19 year old lad you've been talking to on the net?

Do you tell them when you're going to be home? Do they set you a curfue? Do you abide by that curfue?

Are our parents being a little too lenient with us nowadays - giving us a little too much freedom? Or would you rather they paid a little more attention and gave a shit as to where you were and when you are coming home?

Do you think that we have more of an impact on society than that of the previous generations? Your parents for example; do you think they were the invisible generation, I mean, they werent the ones who stood outside maccy D's with hoods up and pierced eyebrows with a joint on. Or do you think we're the invisible generation in a sense that we do what we like, when we like, where we like, and no adult seems to a)care or b) do anything about it, for the simple reasons that they again a) dont care, or are just scared? Either of us and our 'power within society' (if we have any - fear Im talking about here, the power to frighten people) or are they just scared that its a waste of time?

Pretty scary thought to think that we're out there on our own and there's no one around wandering where we are. Do you think we're out of control? Do you think we;ve got to the point of no return? Do you think our generation cares???

edited because for spelling mistakes

Comments

• Options
    Right, heres the thing. Up until 11 o clock tonight, i would have said "Meh, most parents are alright, it's just the ones who don't really give a shit that are the problem."

WRONG!

I've just come back from my Uncles house. He was out watering his plants when a group of neds came down the street smashing up car's one by one. However, they left my Uncles car alone because they know him and some of them know his daughter. They walked right by my Uncle, and smashed up the car next to his. He seen this and went out to stop them. This is when they jumped him. 10 15/16 year olds jumping a grown fucking man. They threw a fucking boulder at the guys head for fucks sake. The guy was taken to hospital. Whats more, the little gobshites can back and threw stuff at the house. Me and my cousins boyfriend were standing alone, waiting for 10 of them to come and face up to us. The little fucking pussy's ran away, from TWO PEOPLE!

Here's the question : Why do seemingly decent parents let their 15 year old kids out 3am? They must know the shit they get upto because they get brought home every second night by the police. Why don't they do anything? Why? Because they can't. The shites are taking over. They aren't scared of their parents.Or even the police. It's a laugh to get chased by the police nowadays. They do it for kicks. Disipline doesen't exist among most people anymore. If i got brought home by the police, i would have been disiplined, would you?
  • Options
    Awh, hope the poor guy's ok. As for my generation, half of em are ok, nice people, but half of them suck :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShInE
    If i got brought home by the police, i would have been disiplined, would you?

Hell yes.

First off Im sorry about your uncle, and I do hope he's ok.

But come on, it doesnt matter how old or young you are, you get bought home by the police and your parents should still say something, whether you're 14 or 44. Jesus, i'd hope if I was pulled over for speeding at 55 my parents would still say something.

Im sorry, but most of our generation run around wild, and im quite ashamed sometimes to tell people how old I am, especially over the internet, if you're talking to someone older for example. Adults have more reason to stereotype us all together now than they ever did before, because there's so many fucking hooligans, and the sad thing is that they're not even old enough to go in a pub most of them. And their parents dont seem to care. They dont seem to bat an eyelid. That's why they keep doing what they do. And then these people become parents, and they let their kids into what they still are, and its a catch 22 that keeps going round and round and there's going to be a huge take-over of the little shits. All of them having kids at 14, so every 14 years we're going to get a new generation of homewreckers, and to be honest, i find it quite disturbing whats happening to society, and Im pretty sure its because these kids are being ignored.
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing
    Hell yes.

First off Im sorry about your uncle, and I do hope he's ok.

But come on, it doesnt matter how old or young you are, you get bought home by the police and your parents should still say something, whether you're 14 or 44. Jesus, i'd hope if I was pulled over for speeding at 55 my parents would still say something.

Im sorry, but most of our generation run around wild, and im quite ashamed sometimes to tell people how old I am, especially over the internet, if you're talking to someone older for example. Adults have more reason to stereotype us all together now than they ever did before, because there's so many fucking hooligans, and the sad thing is that they're not even old enough to go in a pub most of them. And their parents dont seem to care. They dont seem to bat an eyelid. That's why they keep doing what they do. And then these people become parents, and they let their kids into what they still are, and its a catch 22 that keeps going round and round and there's going to be a huge take-over of the little shits. All of them having kids at 14, so every 14 years we're going to get a new generation of homewreckers, and to be honest, i find it quite disturbing whats happening to society, and Im pretty sure its because these kids are being ignored.

To be honest, i couldn't fucking agree with you more.

I'm 15, and i'm ashamed to say that. The vast majority of people my age would beat YOU *points* to smithereens. I'm not like that at all, i fucking detest these people. Why do it, what kind of sick satisfaction do you get from it? Parents need to take their fucking blindfold off and give their kids a fucking smack aroung the head.
  • Options
    I agree badabing. I find that almost everyone I talk to says I show a large amount of maturity for my age, but maybe this is because a lot of people my age are juveniles who like to get drunk all the time or go out using drugs. I'm not targeting anyone saying this, but I know for a fact all the troublesome people in my area get drunk/take drugs/do both.

This evening for example, Annie surprised me by saying she'd been taking acid pills all day. I mean I was shocked, Annie, with the best voice I've ever heard, using drugs to have fun, I guess I just didn't expect someone like her, with such amazing talent and potential, to be just like the rest of my mates, on drugs every week or so to have a good time.
  • Options
    To be honest, i couldn't fucking agree with you more.

I'm 15, and i'm ashamed to say that. The vast majority of people my age would beat YOU *points* to smithereens. I'm not like that at all, i fucking detest these people. Why do it, what kind of sick satisfaction do you get from it? Parents need to take their fucking blindfold off and give their kids a fucking smack aroung the head.

the sad thing is that the parents are as bad as the kids. As people begin to have less morals and self-respect, and they grow up and have they're own kids (or just have their own kids), they just pass this waste of life on to more unambitious kids with no determination to do anything with their lives. Life is for living, not for spending your days outside McDonalds with a joint missing all your GCSE exams. Such a waste.
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    There's some real bastards in the world.. I once got chased by a mob of at least 8 lads just because i told one of them to leave a girl alone a few night's previously...

They didn't even know who i was.. that was the worst part.. :(
  • Options
    I got attacked a few weeks ago by a group of five scallie/townie kids too, they may have known me from a few years back, either way they were obviously looking for a fight, cos they asked me if I had any fags and I said no, and they said *don't be a cheeky fucker* and attacked me! Shook me right up :(

I HATE SCALLIES AND TOWNIES!!!! :mad:

with damn good reason
  • Options
    There should be a law that bans some people from having kids.
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    There should be a law that bans some people from having kids.
    hear! hear!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    I agree badabing. I find that almost everyone I talk to says I show a large amount of maturity for my age, but maybe this is because a lot of people my age are juveniles who like to get drunk all the time or go out using drugs. I'm not targeting anyone saying this, but I know for a fact all the troublesome people in my area get drunk/take drugs/do both.

This evening for example, Annie surprised me by saying she'd been taking acid pills all day. I mean I was shocked, [/Annie, with the best voice I've ever heard, using drugs to have fun, I guess I just didn't expect someone like her, with such amazing talent and potential, to be just like the rest of my mates, on drugs every week or so to have a good time.

Come off it chaos, you can't judge someone as non educated and a deprivate for doing drugs. There have been many brilliant people who used drugs, the fact that kids use them doesnt therefore make the users stupid.
    but I know for a fact all the troublesome people in my area get drunk/take drugs/do both.

So you're going to forget the fact that there are just as many, if not more responsible adult\early adult drug users in your area?
    Annie, with the best voice I've ever heard, using drugs to have fun, I guess I just didn't expect someone like her, with such amazing talent and potential, to be just like the rest of my mates, on drugs every week or so to have a good time.

Quite a typical media representation, "kids these days can't have fun without popping a pill or two" :rolleyes:
    If you want to get started on the amazing talent and potential, what about many of the great artists? the artist who drew the screaming woman [cant think of his name] was on acid a lot of the time.

My point is, don't try to suggest that using drugs suddenly ruins your life. Maybe sometimes, But its a silly thing to suggest, especially with the admiration you have for morrocan roll.
  • Options
    in my case i get way to much of my parents being on my back, but i turned out fine...ok i may do a lot of things they would strongly disaprove of and probably ground me for life for, but i dont go over board and i make sure they dont find out. that is the easy part, i dunno whether the whole "invisible generation" thing applies to everyone or just part of our population because i'm not at all close to any of my family but my sisters are.