Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Once in a lifetime opportunity

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If TheSite were to give you a 'Once in a lifetime opportunity' what would it be?

Think massive but think of something achievable too, kylie will not shag you, get over it ;) Whereas Flying with condors in ecuador might be possible....

Susie

:)
«1

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    An electronics Shopping Spree in Japan with my own personal translator to bargain for me!!

    or

    How about this .. Oh I like this one better .. the chance to actually fly anywhere in the world to meet someone you met on the site .. yes I think that would be perfect and very poetic.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    oooh yes, first class tickets to meet a mate from the site
    okay or not first class, but that'd make it the once in a life time opp\
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Pay for our wedding :p.

    Heh ok put me & Chris up in a real top hotel for the weekend.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    actaully the flying with condors in ecudor sounds tops!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Trip to somewhere most (British) people only dream of going (Canada will do for me, but places like Africa, Australia)

    Swimming with dolphins somewhere exotic

    Trip to New York (again, this will do for me ;) )
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ..Yeah but flying to see a friend from the site is like two people winning not just one ...
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BritJames
    A round the world ticket for the most luxurious cruise liner, calling at every available port with ample time to experience the cultures.

    Spending money included please :P


    ... yeah great prize if you don't mind a ship where the average age is 65!!!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    ..Yeah but flying to see a friend from the site is like two people winning not just one ...

    I don't think that's really the point though. It's not a proper once in a lifetime opportunity, you aren't gonna lie on your deathbed when your 101 and think about the time you met some random from TheSite, but if you went skydiving over somewhere aborad, then you would.

    I dunno though, I'm not no good at thinking up things like that :(
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    I don't think that's really the point though. It's not a proper once in a lifetime opportunity, you aren't gonna lie on your deathbed when your 101 and think about the time you met some random from TheSite, but if you went skydiving over somewhere aborad, then you would.

    I dunno though, I'm not no good at thinking up things like that :(

    Well that depends on if you've actually made any strong friendshis online .. I've made a really good friend online here but to see them would cost about £1,000

    I value friendship more then chucking myself out of a plane anyday...
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    there are some less luxurious (sp?) but not crap cruise lines for youngens! Like under 30's
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oooh replies ... but like someone said it is more about expereinces you can't nec. buy, not cos you're skint but because they are special/ hard to organise for yourself...

    Keep them coming people :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BritJames
    Wouldn't matter... it'd be MY experience :)

    In that case I'll introduce you to my Aunt, she's about 72 and has been on Loads of cuises... :D

    Personaly if I was going on a cruise it would be a caribbean one, cos most people are more my age and stuff!! ;)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ok, para-gliding (sp?) thats somehing i would love to do but doubt i ever will. Would prefer to do it abroad though.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Susie
    Oooh replies ... but like someone said it is more about expereinces you can't nec. buy, not cos you're skint but because they are special/ hard to organise for yourself...

    Keep them coming people :)

    Well that rules out almost all the replies cos with enough money you could do all of them yourself...


    How about a night of passion with the MOD of your choice?? :D
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BritJames
    That'd be cool actually - lots of experience and stories to tell.

    I said I wanted it to be a culture experience - not an 18-30 holiday.

    *sigh*


    My Aunt is well cool, but most of her cruise trips seem to be organise by the Catholic church to places where various miracles took place!!! .. can't believe the church has branched out into holidays!!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    so what about going to a cool sporting event and getting luxury box seats, most people can never buy that
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    OK the obvious stuff....

    Swimming with dolphins in some hot country

    Holiday to some exotic place

    Stuff that money can't buy....

    Training for Jnr with fav footie team and a tour of stadium

    Develop a PS2 game with some big company
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by fugue
    oooh yes, first class tickets to meet a mate from the site
    okay or not first class, but that'd make it the once in a life time opp\

    i'd like a first class ticket to meet you colly cakes! ;)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hmm, mines is sad.

    I'd want to help make a Harry Potter film.

    *sigh*

    Or, help write an article in more! or summat..

    I dunno. :|
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    An electronics Shopping Spree in Japan with my own personal translator to bargain for me!!

    or

    How about this .. Oh I like this one better .. the chance to actually fly anywhere in the world to meet someone you met on the site .. yes I think that would be perfect and very poetic.

    Who would you meet?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well it would be nice, but i've done the swimming with Dolphin's thing, so i'd want something a little more... unique




    I want to make a difference. I want to be sent on a 'mission' with a team of camera men (so people would be made aware of the tragedies in the world), to rescue some animals who are of an endangered species for instance ( or a variation of this idea but with the same objective; to make a difference). Like the monkeys who are losing their homes as the rainforest gets chopped down, or maybe something to do with transporting an endangered Species of Elephant or some other animal from its currently dangerous surroundings to somewhere where it can be safe and monitored, and we'd do this against the clock and the elements of course. But it would be to mainly raise awareness of the situation so that people could help, by either donating money, or recyling or anything as little as that, it all helps. But most of all i'd want to be part of the team that saves these endangered animals. Or it may even be people that need saving, some children somewhere that need someone to raise money for them all to be moved into special care where they're not beaten or something. I dont know. But i want to make a difference and i want to do it on TV so that other people become aware of the world's tradgedies.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Cool idea Badabing. It could all be sponsored by thesite.org

    And of course you would need some help :)

    *Puts hand up to volunteer*
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by badabing
    well it would be nice, but i've done the swimming with Dolphin's thing, so i'd want something a little more... unique




    I want to make a difference. I want to be sent on a 'mission' with a team of camera men (so people would be made aware of the tragedies in the world), to rescue some animals who are of an endangered species for instance ( or a variation of this idea but with the same objective; to make a difference). Like the monkeys who are losing their homes as the rainforest gets chopped down, or maybe something to do with transporting an endangered Species of Elephant or some other animal from its currently dangerous surroundings to somewhere where it can be safe and monitored, and we'd do this against the clock and the elements of course. But it would be to mainly raise awareness of the situation so that people could help, by either donating money, or recyling or anything as little as that, it all helps. But most of all i'd want to be part of the team that saves these endangered animals. Or it may even be people that need saving, some children somewhere that need someone to raise money for them all to be moved into special care where they're not beaten or something. I dont know. But i want to make a difference and i want to do it on TV so that other people become aware of the world's tradgedies.

    Thats exactly what i would like to do i'd rather give those people an opportunity of a life-time in third world countries which to us may seem everyday style but to them it may never happen again, i want to make it possible for children growing up with nothing to have SOMETHING, i think that is a true chance of a life time, to go abroad and help poor children, help teach them, help support and work with them, that is MY NEW AMBITION!:)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Take me and my family to go to Canada to meet my Great Aunt Gladys. Neither me or my brother or sister have ever met her.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Cool idea Badabing. It could all be sponsored by thesite.org

    And of course you would need some help :)

    *Puts hand up to volunteer*

    Go ninja go! You could keep away all the tropical bugs with your exotic fighting techniques :thumb:

    Yeh, thesite could sponsor us! Come on susie, send us to save the world!! ...please (i'll wear my thesite t-shirt :yes: ) :D
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    But for example simple things to us like getting up and going to the doctors when we are ill to a child in a poor country may have to treck 100's of miles, then camp in the cold to wait for the doors to open knowing he/she may not be seen, i would like to give all these children a chance, it is easy for us all to jump to riches, and wealth and possesions yet do we ever think of those in need of a little TLC, food, drink without fear of death? I mean if we did, then the world would be a better place.

    The point i am making is its easy to say i wanty this that and the next thing but to a child in a poor country it may just be a hug, or a piece of bread, think about it guys please because we are really lucky and compared to them we have the biggest opportunity in the world and that is a healthy happy life with possesions and a gurantee that we will always have food, even if it is not a lot.
    For some children they have nothing, and my biggest chance of a lifetime would be to help these poor children fulfill their dreams!:(
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BritJames
    That's all well and good - but there's lots you can do to help charities.

    It's not once in a lifetime is it?

    it is if you read to the context which i wanted to do it. I wanted to do it on television, or as a documentary for the bbc. This is once ina lifetime, I know anyone can help chairites but they cant do it on tv. The reason for wanting to do it on tv was to bring awareness of the variety of problesm out there. yes, people know about endangered animals and poor kids with poor families, but many people havent got a clue about the thousands of other things that go on. And its not only that but its entertainent for themn, and if it was done as a big thing on say Red nose day or whatever those programs are called (!) it would bring more awareness and people are more likely to give money to something like that, which just ultimately widens the prospects for the less known about charities and organisations and problems out there.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well the question was also about what I wanted to do, and what i felt would be a once in a lifetime oppportunity, it doesnt have to go on tv, that was just a suggestion in order to benefit the Britain's knowledge as well as whoever I went out to help. Ultimately its the helping people part that counts, not whether or not it goes on tv.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by badabing
    well the question was also about what I wanted to do, and what i felt would be a once in a lifetime oppportunity, it doesnt have to go on tv, that was just a suggestion in order to benefit the Britain's knowledge as well as whoever I went out to help. Ultimately its the helping people part that counts, not whether or not it goes on tv.

    Exactly the question was WHAT YOU WANT not lets start another argument on here about whats right and whats wrong! it personal view, and i must say i agree with you, whether it is broadcasted or not i feel it is an area which may be a once in a life-time chance for anyone who personally cannot afford to visit these children and help them!:)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have to say I agree with Jamie about the whole 'give us your money' thing - ok it's not quite like that, but there are so many television campaigns asking for so much a month it's ridiculous. I'm not saying they don't need the money, but it's just every other advert on television seems to be asking for money.

    Anyway that's not what the thread is about.

    What I'd like to do is....um....swimming with dolphins would be good I think. But now I think about it, I remember being told about a friend of a friend who went to Bourneo, and visited villages and schools, and just generally experienced the huuugely different culture. That'd be fantastic. Oooooh other cultures are the best, learning about how different people live :)
Sign In or Register to comment.