Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Scary films

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Does anyone know of any scary films? ones that actually scare people instead of being laughably stupid?

So far I had the wickerman suggested, so I rented it and it was so crap I turned it off half way through it was just that shit.

So if anyone knows of any really scary films that have stopped you getting to sleep or giving you nightmares then your help would be greatly appreciated :D

Cheers!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    The only film that i've seen in recent years that scared me was a film called Kolobus or something like that. T'was fucked up to say the least.
  • Options
    The Ring. feckin hell that is some scary sh*t :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Audition... urgh.
  • Options
    watch the first half of jeepers creepers then turn it off, it will leave you shitting your pants as you dont no who are what the killer is!. its pretty scary :nervous:
  • Options
    :lol:

jeepers creepers is quite a scary film at the start whenever you first see it, i saw it in the cinema, might get it out some night again :nervous:
  • Options
    Try some of the Italian video nasties.
  • Options
    I felt tense during the first and second Final Destination.
  • Options
    IT made me laugh, lol. the clown looks scarier then the actual monster,lmao :lol:
  • Options
    Omg i Love IT, the clown is the best caracter ever!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    Jeepers creepers was just stupid when you found out it was a monster, you just started laughing

oh, and jeepers creepers 2 is out soon *bites nails* wonder if it'll be as crap

I agree. Jeepers Creepers was boring I thought. :/ The only bit that freaked me out at all was the guy was in that bag thingy. And it was only slightly creepy.

Don't watch Jeepers Creepers. Shiiiiite.

For some really fucking stupid reason that Texas Chainsaw Massacre thing scared me, but I only saw the end half I think. When he was sucking her finger. :( Bleeeugh.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing

For some really fucking stupid reason that Texas Chainsaw Massacre thing scared me, but I only saw the end half I think. When he was sucking her finger. :( Bleeeugh.

I Looooooove that film :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pliskin
    The Ring was fucking pathetic. About as scary as a an Austin Powers film (Just my opinion).

Japanese original or the recent version?

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: I love that film. The first time I saw it it did have a certain feature that made me uncomfortable. It's a masterpiece!
    Same with the Shining, it is a good film and had something about it. Seen it far too many times now though, lost its touch. :(
    Errr..
    The Last House on the Left.
    Pet Semetary.
    The Omen.
    Salo: 120 Days of Sodom is apparently meant to be the dog's bollocks.
    Night of the Living Dead (original). Do *not* watch on magic mushrooms. :nervous:
    The Changeling.
    The Haunting.
    Uzumaki.
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: I love that film. The first time I saw it it did have a certain feature that made me uncomfortable. It's a masterpiece!
    Same with the Shining, it is a good film and had something about it. Seen it far too many times now though, lost its touch. :(
    Errr..
    Pet Semetary.
    The Omen.
    Night of the Living Dead (original). Do *not* watch on magic mushrooms. :nervous:
    The Changeling.
    The Haunting.
    Uzumaki.

I gotta agree with ya except for The Last House on The Left. I bought it. Then took it back. It sucked. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma

Errr..
    Pet Semetary.
    The Omen.
    The Changeling.
    The Haunting.
    Uzumaki.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Classic, as is the sequel :D
    Night of the Living Dead - Wicked film
    Salo: 120 Days of Sodom - Have seen it and yes it is disturbing, very graphic and very realistic. It's based on a book by the Marquis De Sade and in all honesty, I wouldn't watch it again. It's about rape and torture. Oooh gods is it nasty :(
    Audition - It's Japanese, very dark, very sick. Some of the most disgusting scenes you'll ever see.
    The people Under the Stairs - Is kinda grim too.
  • Options
    the original japanese version of the ring is much, much better then the new one, believe me:yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Creeper
    Salo: 120 Days of Sodom - Have seen it and yes it is disturbing, very graphic and very realistic. It's based on a book by the Marquis De Sade and in all honesty, I wouldn't watch it again. It's about rape and torture. Oooh gods is it nasty :(

Following on from that, I would like to add Men Behind the Sun, which is about the concentration camps in WW2, and apparently really, really graphic. Kudos to those who can sit through without flinching. I haven't seen personally, but I will make damn sure I do at some point! Regarded by many as the sickest film in history.
    Also, the Guinea Pig series is meant to be up there too. Again, I haven't seen any, but I sure as hell will! "Guinea Pig: Flower of Flesh and Blood" gained quite a reputation when Charlie Sheen came across a copy and apparently reported to the FBI because he thought it was a real snuff movie. (Home movie in which a cameraman films a victim being brutally raped/beaten/inevitably murdered in some of the sickest ways imaginable).
    Dount many people could sit through any of those without feeling affected or flinching! ;)
  • Options
    You'll probably all laugh when I say "Nightmare on Elm Street", but graphical stuff like that kept me totally awake the following night. I saw it when I was 15 as well, so that was my own doing. To back it up though, it would scare me at the age of 24 at present.

I've seen Silence of the Lambs, Sixth Sense and Scream but doesn't go anywhere near Elm Street.

However, I saw something on Sky/satellite TV at Christmas, six months ago called "Dusk To Dawn", which was about a vampire bat. That was pretty graphic, and damn close to Elm Street.
  • Options
    scary movies

I guess no one has seen 28 days later which is at the theatre now?

seven
    changeling
    sixth sence
    excorsist III
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre I
    Shining
    Jeepers creeper is crap but it was kinda scary befofore you saw him. What was the movie last year where the 2 guys travel cross country and get in a tangle with the psycho truck driver. That was scary.