Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Aiya Napa - Recommend it or not?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I've been recommended Aiya Napa as a low cost alternative to Ibiza - has anyone been and if so can you illustrate the kind of prices you'd pay for drinks, food, accomodation and nights out.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Ok,

Firstly, Ayia Napa is nothing remotely like ibiza
    Ibiza is 1000 times better, trust me!
    Depends what you like really, but its 95% UK garage everywhere, and with UK Garage comes absolute rude boy twats, theres is ALOT of them there, lots of fighting etc.

Its good though, if you dont like garage you can find other styles, funky and deep house are there if u look.
    I DJ'd there last summer for 2 months, had a good time, but personally, i wouldnt go there for a holiday, my opinion, but bare in mind that if you wanna go somewhere for a clubbing holiday or a general great time, ibiza is the place to go...

Ayia Napa is pretty expensive, horribly expensive in fact, obviously you dont have the big clubs there so club entry isnt much, but drinks are very expensive, usually €5 or €6 for a bud / smirnoff ice / anything...

Food about the same as everywhere else, faliraki, ibiza, magaluf etc...

If i were you mate id go to Ibiza, it really is no contest, but its not my money!
    Have a good one wherever you go

rob
  • Options
    I went to Ayia Napa in 2000 and 2001 and think its expensive. I didn't notice price differences in drinks in Napa to over here, I spent over £1000 in 2 weeks.

A lot is garage but there is a couple of 70's/80's clubss, which are a really good laugh. The bars are really good, the street of bars is better than the square because its quicker to get served. Theres also a big club that plays dance/pop but can't remember what its called.

I've nothing to compare it to as its the only place I've been for that kind of holiday. Although 2000 was brilliant, 2001 it was too overhyped.
  • Options
    Where would you say is better to go to live for a few months and work etc? i'm thinking of doing that next year.
  • Options
    ayia napa is brilliant, theres lots to choose from, loads of themed bars-brilliant :yes: ive been to ibiza as well and i definatly prefered ayia napa, theres more to do, prices are very reasonable as well.

one thing though, the drug laws in cyprus are terribly strict and will jail you for having the smallest amount on you!
  • Options
    it's a shit hole, your more likely to get stabbed there,
  • Options
    Find out more about it here.
    ;)
  • Options
    i know this isnt actually answering your question, but kavos (in corfu) is good and so's faliraki (....its all media hype at the moment!!!) so consider these as alternatives!!!!