Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Your views and experiece on gays,bis and lesbians

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey people,

I'm writing a book and I need to know what the public think of gay people. Do any of you have any experiences or think strongly about it???

It would help-thanx!

~Anya

P.S. The book is called:

"The book of the publisized world of lesbians, gays and bisexuals."

Comments

• Options
    Don't bother me. Every(wo)man for themselves.

I do sometimes feel uncomfortable if two men are all over each other in public but it kind of gets on my nerves when a straight couple do the same.
  • Options
    Over to me I suppose ;)

For me, being bi isn't an issue really. It's more what other people think of it that kinda makes it an issue.

To be honest though, my insecurities are mostly about what people directly around me think, not what people in general think about it. Int hat sense, I reckon more and more people are "coming round to the idea", although you are always going to get people who can't stand gays. Just like you get people who can't stand Asian people, or who can't stand Christians or whatever.

Looking into the way the public relates to gay people on reality TV (Will Young etc) might be an idea too :)
  • Options
    Yeah I'm looking at gay celebs that most of the public know and did you know that Hadrian (the dude who built Hadrian's wall) was gay??? I have found out so many things like that!!!

~Anya

And do you people mind if I put your veiws and screen names in my book....if it ever gets published that is?!?!?!?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Anya

And do you people mind if I put your veiws and screen names in my book....if it ever gets published that is?!?!?!?

Yeah, go right ahead :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Anya

Do we get commision? j/k

I've no probs with that.
  • Options
    :lol: Well, you do get your name in the book!!! :naughty: hows that sound?
  • Options
    I have no problem with gay people, lesbians or bisexuals. What I do have a problem with is the behaviour of those that make a big deal out of their sexuality, or those that endanger (or try to endanger) others with their sexuality. For example, I personally do not it when gay or bisexual men act flamboyant and OTT, or when they insult women. I also do not like the behaviour of gay or bisexual men who choose to not use a condom during sex. I also do not like the behaviour of lesbian or bisexual women who enforce sexist male-bashing views on others.

I myself have had several lesbian experiences which I will not go into detail with, and I am not entirely heterosexual, but I believe noone particularly is.

The quarrels I have about homosexuality are similar to those I have of heterosexuality. For example I do not like the behaviour of heterosexual males who act over the top, and sleep around. I also do not like the behaviour of heterosexual females who do the same. I do not like explicit signs of affection in public from gays or straights. It can be off-putting.

(P.S. You may put this and my user name into your book :p)
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    For example, I personally do not it when gay or bisexual men act flamboyant and OTT, or when they insult women.

A lot of bisexual and gay men (not me btw) act like that because they've maybe had prejudices in earlier life, or just because they're made that way. Like when a mate gives me a nipple gripple/tit nip, I scream. I honestly can't help that, and it's got nothing to do with where I stick my genitals.

I don't really get the insulting women bit either. Obviously insulting women isn't good, but they don't tend to do it more than your avergae Joe. Why state the obvious? You may as well have put "I don't like it when they murder people", and I'm willing to bet a lot more lesbians slag off men, than gay men slag off women.

Anyway, I agree with a lot of what you've said, just thought I'd make the point :)
  • Options
    I've always got on really well with gay guys and girls, one of my work supervisors is a lesbian and she's brilliant.

I don't like seeing gay people kissing etc in the street though, it makes me feel quite uneasy and just doesn't seem right.

Overall though I think it's important to see gay people as no different to anyone else you come across.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    *giggles*
    :)

*pokes you, remembering to use protection so not to offend HunnyPot :p*
  • Options
    I only have a problem with it until it's thrown in my face, ie, all that Gay Pride bullshit. Woah, you're gay, I don't give a shit. You don't see me going around with big banners going "HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME! I'M STRAIGHT!"
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    I only have a problem with it until it's thrown in my face, ie, all that Gay Pride bullshit.

Or guys who walk around with OTT limp-wristedness in the street, that annoys lots of "normal" gay guys apparently.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Or guys who walk around with OTT limp-wristedness in the street, that annoys lots of "normal" gay guys apparently.

Or woman that look like army drop outs on steroids, crew cuts et al :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Or woman that look like army drop outs on steroids, crew cuts et al :p

Nah, they're good to point and laugh at :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    I'm willing to bet a lot more lesbians slag off men, than gay men slag off women.

Yeah, but that`s only because lesbianism got so mixed up in all the militant feminist bullshit. I think those women are lesbian on principle more than anything.... you know, the sort that agree with such slogans as "All men are rapists". :/
  • Options
    Gay,Bi and Lesbian's personally dont bother me atall! i just think of them as normal people and dont think about thier sexuality, why should i? it doesnt change the way they are. :)
  • Options
    Ok, well Gay blokes (this is in my experience with 10 or so gay blokes im not stereotyping all gay blokes with this.. just so you know!) have been the most friendly, easy to talk to, tactile, loving, funny people that ive ever met. But, say one thing they dont like, talk to one person they dont like (thus being a 'traitor') .. or slagging of Madonna in one case (big mistake) has meant that ive seen them turn from lovely people into the bitchiest, evil, most coniving and basically horrible people, in a split second. Having said that, a few of my best friends are gay, and i :heart: them so much!

Lesbians... im wary of getting into any sort of relationship with lesbians now. When ive got into a relationship with a lesbian they've turned from normal to psycho obsessed in a matter of days. On two occasions ive been proposed to in under a week of meeting the person, and on one occasion, my ex gf was asking me to move in with her after just four days. With the 'love' word coming into every single relationship within a week, every time. cant handle that. But the second they find out im bi. They dump me! :confused:

Bisexuals... love them :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    Bisexuals... love them :D

Aaaaw i luvs you too lol :p.

Right well i'm also bi-sexual & i don't see a problem with it, although i haven't told my family this, just you lot on here & my partner. I think that its a personal thing & i son't feel the need to tell everyone.
    I don't think it matters what your sexualilty is, it doesnt make you any less of a person.
  • Options
    I don't think it matters what your sexualilty is, it doesnt make you any less of a person. [/B]

:yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    I don't think it matters what your sexualilty is, it doesnt make you any less of a person.

*applaudes*

Exactely. You get nice people and arses in all walks of life. If a certain person is comfortable with being gay, black or a politician then why should anyone get upset about it.
  • Options
    clap.gif
  • Options
    *Grins*

You mean i said something right? lol

So you never told me if you loved me or not lil_minx lol heh
  • Options
    Does anyone really care tho ???
  • Options

So you never told me if you loved me or not lil_minx lol heh

MWAA for Tweety muchlve.gif

I love ya too :p hehe

(& about the PM.... thanks :) great aint it :D)
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Don't bother me. Every(wo)man for themselves.

I do sometimes feel uncomfortable if two men are all over each other in public but it kind of gets on my nerves when a straight couple do the same.

I agree with that.
  • Options
    I'm not bothered about whether someone is bisexual, gay or lesbian, so long as he or she is happy. Who am I to comment? Naturally, some people are going to feel uncomfortable and perhaps much worse, but that is life.
  • Options
    As Ninja and RiseandShine said, I really dont mind people with a different sexuality to my own, I just dont like straight bashers and the rainbow brigade trying to convert people and make out they are special.
  • Options
    Don't care.. longs they don't try it on with me. Queers are more perverse than hetro's too.
  • Options
    I don't mind either - but has anyone notice how Gay men fall into certain categories?

Like some Gay men appear to act and talk like any other man,

But then other are really full on - well hard Skin heads and then

Some are right feminine.. I know two particular gay guys that fit this group and they are so feminine - they are more like women then most women !!

I saw a wedding video of a this girl's hen/wedding shower night and right in the middle of it was this gay guy I know doing all the other girl's hair and makeup!! - I definately think guys like this were born Gay not like they grew up and cose it .. i think these ones for sure were born to be gay form the start.
  • Options
    personally i believe its their choice and it doesnt harm ne1 so let them do their own thing !!!

although there is a gay lad (really camp) at my school who hangs around in the big group im wiv, and we dont get along at all (not his sexuality just the person) so many ppl see that as homophobic; ridiculous really, cant not like some1 because they're gay lol