Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Question for the girls...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If there were two gorgeous guys lusting after you, say they were both totally gorgeous, great personalitites, etc.

One earned £40,000 as a sales rep or something, and one earned not very much as a road sweeper, which one would you pick?

Be honest.

Comments

• Options
    If mony were the only thing thing that devided them then yeah, obviously the guy with £40g a year.

What a daft question
  • Options
    My first reaction wud be to go for the one I really liked more. But the money issue wud be hard. I can honestly say I would go for the only I really liked. Im going to school for 8 months and going to be making hefty amounts of money in a year so since Im going to have money , it wouldnt really matter if he had a good paying job or not. (p.s im not bragging about myself)
  • Options
    The one with more money. Yeah quite a stupid question! Money of course doesn't matter to me but I'm gonna want someone able to share the rent and bills and help support the kids. Unless the roadsweeper had some other quality.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames

I personally, would go with who I felt comfortable with. of course money helps, but it's not the be all and end all of a relationship :)

Of course it's not. But in the original question, they were equal in every other way
  • Options
    hmm i would go for the nicer one! and if that was the one with crap money id make him change his job! lol :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by **TiNk**
    hmm i would go for the nicer one! and if that was the one with crap money id make him change his job! lol :p

Oh my God :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    Nobody would be that similar though surely?

Is the question stating you met them on the same night in the same circumstances, and have only ever spoke about the same things?

that's just be freeeeeaky hehe :)

I'm just answering Bri's question - he didn't go into specifics :p
  • Options
    If they both were equally gorgeous, had a great personality etc...then I'd choose the higher paid man, because id be sharing the same happiness, just with more money.
  • Options
    Re: Question for the girls...
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    One earned £40,000 as a sales rep or something, and one earned not very much as a road sweeper, which one would you pick?
    It doesnt matter if you're a King or a Road Sweeper,
    Everyone ends up dancing with the Grim Reaper.

I guess if the *only* difference was the money then Id have to go with the richer, but Im extremely doubtful that any similar situation would arrive.
    Originally posted by ilovebusted
    I'd got for the richer, because not always, but I find intelligence attractive, so I bigger pay usually indicates.

What about all the academics, futhering the fields of various sciences but struggling to live from day to day because they dont have a boring old office job? (NB: This is what I intend to do ;))
  • Options
    For me personally there'd always be a preference and it wouldn't be based on the cash...if the one I liked more just happened to earn more then that might be nice, although I wouldn't have any assumptions that he'd spend the cash on me and I'd go halves on drinks and stuff anyway.

Can't stand these women who insist the bloke pays!
  • Options
    the 1 with the biggest cock, but if the other was better @ giving head then him!
    :naughty:
    :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny

Can't stand these women who insist the bloke pays!

Yeah, it seems some women want "old fashioned values" when it comes to the man paying, but when it comes to the woman staying at home and doing the dishes, we get all the "we're women in a modern world" claptrap :mad:

Oh, and the point of this was to test my theory that women are much more interested in how much money a guy has, than a guy is about how much a woman has.

Test results come back positive I think :p
  • Options
    Depends on the hours they work. I don't want to be with someone who earns a fortune but I never get to see. Would rather be with someone who earns less, but sees me more.

& I wouldn't want to be with the rich one if they didn't spend money on me, obviously. :D

BTW, I insist on paying for myself when we go out.
  • Options
    Probably the road sweeper. True wealth is not what you earn, but what you can live without. :)
  • Options
    Re: Question for the girls...
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    If there were two gorgeous guys lusting after you, say they were both totally gorgeous, great personalitites, etc.

Be honest.
    Just follow your heart Bri. And congratulations :D
  • Options
    if i was interested at all in what a guy earns, i wouldn't be with the one i'm with.

i'd pick the one i'm more attracted to. i'll make my own money, thanks.
  • Options
    Wouldnt bother me too much about money. Id go for the one with the best qualities.
  • Options
    Well, if they were both equally gorgeous, both with equally great personalities id go for the one who earned the most £££....

But, if the personality of the bloke who earned less was better than the one who earned more - then id go for the roads weeper!