Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Anyone been to the edinburgh dungeons??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I dont really think this should be here but i didnt really know where else to put it so yah anyhoo.........

I should be going to the edinbugh dungeons on thursday, just wondering if anyones been before? Is it good, or particularly scary? Should i take a big strong man to clutch in moments of terror?

Any help appreciated, cheers :)

Comments

• Options
    Never been there that I know of.

Mind you, if you've been round some really neddy areas of Edinburgh at night, you can probably handle anything :p
  • Options
    heehee, yeah, if you can handle the "troops" with their trackies, 3 pairs of sports socks, bottles of buckfast, n hats pointing skywards youre good to go!!
  • Options
    There was a thing on Reporting Scotland a while ago about there being real ghosts in there :eek:
  • Options
    It's so fucking boring. It actually makes me envy the people that died there years ago 'cause they don't need to put up with the tour.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames

What can anybody reccomend in Scotland as a MUST see for first time visitors? :)

Stirling Castle. If only so you can spit a huge greener off the top of the Wallace Monument :thumb:

Chances are you won't be going up to Orkney, but there's a load of interesting stuff up there. Liking Skara Brae and the standing stones.

Well worth a visit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Stirling Castle. If only so you can spit a huge greener off the top of the Wallace Monument :thumb:

Chances are you won't be going up to Orkney, but there's a load of interesting stuff up there. Liking Skara Brae and the standing stones.

Well worth a visit.

*yawns*

:p
  • Options
    Sorry to invade the Scottish march through thesite.org .... (seems to be only Scots on at the moment hehe)

What can anybody reccomend in Scotland as a MUST see for first time visitors? :)

Depends what your into mate. Loads of scenic stuff I suppose.

Edinburgh castle would be on a hitlist. You can't come to Scotland without going to the Highlands and taking in some of the stunning views.

Check out http://www.visit-scotland.com/
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    *yawns*

:p

Listen Timmy, it is actually quite interesting. Maybe next year give up your season ticket, and take a trip up there. See what it was like to have lived in a civilized society hundreds of years ago :p
  • Options
    Cheers Bri, Ninj ...
    I do like the scenery - as it'd be a break to just relax

No probs. If it's relaxation your after then it's the right place. Try and stay clear of the bigger cities as they'll just remind you of Londinium (only smaller).

Try places like Skye (as recommended by my folks) or somewhere in the central highlands like Fort William (lies at the foot of Ben Nevis).
  • Options
    The only thing in Scotland I`ve ver really wanted to see is Electric Brae.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Sorry to invade the Scottish march through thesite.org .... (seems to be only Scots on at the moment hehe)

my house :p

seriously though ... the highlands are *really* nice if you're into scenery, i you want touristy stuff then edinburgh or stirling are probably the places to go.
    I should be going to the edinbugh dungeons on thursday, just wondering if anyones been before? Is it good, or particularly scary? Should i take a big strong man to clutch in moments of terror?

never actually been. i live in edinburgh and think its a shame i've never gone. never had the time. let us know if you enjoy it though :)
  • Options
    Might be studying in Glasgow uni. Is there much to do in that city?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Creeper
    Might be studying in Glasgow uni. Is there much to do in that city?

Ooh yeah :p

As with most cities though, it really depends what you're into.