Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Wrong Number??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone had any interesting wrong number calls?

Some guy just called and thought I was his Credit Card company .. he started to read off his credit card details to me ... damn if I'd been clever I'd have kept my mouth shut and gotten his number and gone on a spending spree!!! .. just kidding I'm too honest for that!! :D

A few times I've had some guy ring my mobile number asking for a girls name (I think his girlfriend) ... again I only thought of it later but wished I'd said something like "yeah mate she can't come to the phone .. she's in the shower and I'm just about to jump in and join her" :D

Comments

• Options
    Re: Wrong Number??
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    A few times I've had some guy ring my mobile number asking for a girls name (I think his girlfriend) ... again I only thought of it later but wished I'd said something like "yeah mate she can't come to the phone .. she's in the shower and I'm just about to jump in and join her" :D

Lol thats mean but funny :D.
  • Options
    Omg yeah, some woman left an answerphone message saying I was to ring her back, so I could put a price/deposit down for this mad house in Essex. I was like, er..pardon?!
  • Options
    evil mode

My number at work is a digit out of gig venue in Aberdeen. I occasionaly take bookings for bands and stuff if I'm in a bastard mood.

/evil mode
  • Options
    My old home phone number used to be really similar to the local golf club. That got fucking annoying :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    evil mode

My number at work is a digit out of gig venue in Aberdeen. I occasionaly take bookings for bands and stuff if I'm in a bastard mood.

/evil mode

haha!

excellent :D
  • Options
    Re: Wrong Number??

not really interesting.......

the past 4-5 months have ahd a private number call me twice a day I answer then it hangs up.every day!

:(
  • Options
    yea i read that in the paper about the man with the same number as Bruce, he started to say yes i am God and some woman started pouring her heart out with all her problems..this can't be true..some idiots.

My number is a bit similar to a few places, have gotten a few calls now and again for different businesses and whatnot, dosen't happen that often for it to become annoying.
  • Options
    the past 4-5 months have ahd a private number call me twice a day I answer then it hangs up.every day!

you not report it and find out who it is?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Wrong Number??
    Originally posted by Amie Butler

:(

I used to get that for a while, but then it stopped, so I assumed it was an idiot that I knew and just ignored it. Its not happened since...

Oh, and my old home number used to be similar to the council office in Lewisham or something... So we used to get calls of all kinds... Whatever you'd want to call Lewisham council for... :eek2:
  • Options
    This guy used to fone my mobi and ask for a bloke called Pat.

Me: Hello
    Bloke: Hello Pat?
    Me: Sorry wrong number
    Bloke: Is Pat there
    Me: Er.. Wrong number pal
    Bloke Ok bye.

That happened for about 2 months non stop.
  • Options

We got those kinda calls which we thought it was just some scally twat prankin' us.

Phoned up BT and found out that it was Telesales auto call thing. You can have it stoped if it is.
  • Options
    did u know that if u get that u can demand a number change? My dad done it. :D
  • Options
    I used to have very similar number with a taxi company... I can't count how many people have been waiting for their taxi to come!

:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kelly
    I used to have very similar number with a taxi company... I can't count how many people have been waiting for their taxi to come!

:D

Setup a deal with a rival taxi company and get commission!!

Do't all American movies have number that begin with 555?

We got BT Call Sign - it's where you have 1 phoneline but a 2nd phone number and when someone rings that number the phones ring with a different ring tone - so you know that it's a business call -costs like an extra £1 per month so cheaper then an additional line.

Trouble is they give you any old number - I got given the old number of someone women that's moved to Ireland .. Must get about 3 or 4 calls per months from people looking for her!! Used to be a lot more but have gone down a lot since I told people I don't know who the heck she is!!

A friend I used to work with got an SMS from a girl he never knew - she was bored and decided to SMS any old random number and the two got chatting away via SMS ...

.. oh that reminds me .. my friend's mobile phone got nicked so we tried SMS the phone saying "You've won a Sony Playstation 2 please send your name and address for your prize to be delivered" .. 5 minutes later we realised we got the number wrong by a single digit but just as we were about to send an apology SMS we got an SMS back with a guy's full name and address ... we replied to say it was a mistake but the guy kept SMSing us saying he wanted his PlayStation... like that was gonna happen!! :D
  • Options
    I once got a voice-mail that was a woman telling me that she was stuck in traffic and could I cook something for the kids?

I felt sorry for the kids who'd probably get hungry, so I phoned back and told her she'd got the wrong number.

I've also managed to get a phone call from someone asking if 'Steven' was around. I told him he got the wrong number, he appologised and hung up. A couple of seconds later, he phoned me again still asking for 'Steven'
    Methinks someone gave him the wrong number :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by giggles3
    We kept getting calls asking if we were some farm :eek2: They must have phoned about 5 times. lol. were not a farm by the way :D

I don't think i've phoned the wrong number before, although me and my friend phoned our mates mobile number and the bus driver picked it up cause she'd left it on the bus. .lol :eek:

My idiot cousin left his laptop and my Dad's mobile phone on the bus - luckily some honest guy's wife picked it up and her husband found my dad's phone with the note I'd written under the battery ".. If Found Call ...." .. without that we'd never have gotten everything back!
  • Options
  • Options
    Our number used to be one out from Newcastle breweries, which is just down the road. People would ring up and make orders for Brown Ale!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    did u know that if u get that u can demand a number change? My dad done it. :D

Yeah we did that. Our number was similar to McDonald's. We had a few calls every night ordering burgers, happy meals and the like..:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Our main home phone is one number out from the local surgery, and I always forget this and put my dad on ( they ask for the doctor, and he is one). And as for my mobile, well Im im a couple of numbers out from a gay hooker called christian in manchester. The amount of times Christian is in the "middle of something" :P is hilarious. I like messing around with their horny gay minds :P
  • Options
    i used to always get text messages for some bloke called gary but they stopped last year.

now i keep getting this guy calling me wanting to speak to janet. i swear he must have called me at least 6 times that i've answered not to mention countless missed calls from him. anways one day he called me but i had my phone on silent, he left a voice mail message saying that he was coming on the motorway now to see me and that if i wanted to sort things out to call him back by half twelve otherwise he'd know that it was over!! he sounded really desperate. i didn't get the message til about 2 o'clock. then he called me again about three asking for janet. poor guy must have been giving the slip from some woman called janet who gave him the wrong number.

brightens my day when i hear his pathetic rants on my voicemail:lol:

i've got a cruel sense of humour:lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    We got those kinda calls which we thought it was just some scally twat prankin' us.

Phoned up BT and found out that it was Telesales auto call thing. You can have it stoped if it is.

Yeah we had that too. The phone would ring at 6.30 every evening for 4 months :eek: So annoying!!
  • Options
    our home phone number is one different from the pub/restaurant up the road, ive lost count of the times ive answered the phone to hear 'is that the King's Head?' soooo annoying!
    also ive had weird calls on my mobile from guys/gals who have been given my number by an ex telling them the number was for 'a personal chat service' i dont think so!!!
    very tempting to give out his number in a gay chat room...revenge is sweet!and a dish best served cold!:angel:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Well, at work we have loads of lines, from different companies etc. One of the lines is one number different from The London Grand Theatre (The London Evening Standard got the number wrong for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang) and the Van line is one number different from BMI Airline. Does my head in!
  • Options
    if you swap the last two digits of my home number around, you get the number of a local balti!! Its so annoying, when they realise they've got the wrong, they think they'll get the right one when they call right back!!! ???!!!! and then they realise its me again and they dont say anything, and then they hang up. One guy once kept calling, and asked me why i was lying to him!!! he kept saying he wanted to place an order and i should just take it and stop being so immature!!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by badabing
    One guy once kept calling, and asked me why i was lying to him!!! he kept saying he wanted to place an order and i should just take it and stop being so immature!!

I had the same thing one Friday evening with this silly woman. She rang us wanting tickets for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, I told her she had the wrong number, she must have rung back 5 times, until I said to her: "It doesnt matter how many times you ring, you will speak to me, not the London theatre. Jeeesus, won't you listen?" She didnt ring back :D