Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Name That Tune - Clubbing Songs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I was out clubbing last night and heard a nice song - couldn't get to the DJ to find out what it was so I recorded it using my camera - I have a short MP3 cut from it - the first 30 seconds - Anyone know a lot about music and is good at recgonising songs?

The 30 second version is about 212kb in size.

it's onthe following link
http://www.veg-email.co.uk/tune.mp3

If anyone knows what the song is called or who it's by please let me know
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I've heard that before somewhere but dont know what its called..i hope someone does though.
  • Options
    My friend told me there's a mobile phone service - you dial them up and play the music and it text's you back with the name of the song!!

I wonder if there's a net version .. I'm sure some of the hard core clubbers onthe site might recognise the tune, have a longer 6 minutes version but that's almost 3MB
  • Options
    No I don't know what it's called. But it does sound like a brilliant song. Be sure to let me know the name when you find out so I can download it. Thanks. :D
  • Options
    OK How about this song .. does it sound familar to anyone?

It's 847kb in size.

http://www.veg-email.co.uk/tune2.mp3
  • Options
    These 2 tunes are Wicked!

I don't know what they are but they sound great

Especially in the sunny weather driving around with the roof down!!

Diamondgeezer - is the second one recorded ffrom your mobile as well ? If so, you got a wicked mobile as well- what is it ?
  • Options
    DJ Sakin & Friends - Protect Your Mind

Not heard that for a few years. :)
  • Options
    Just doing a search on Kazaa now -

The first song was recorded on my Digital Camera (Minolta Dimage Xi)

- it has a microphone built in and will taped up 30 imnutes of audio.. and I fibbed a little about the 2nd song .. well not quite it sounded really familar to me - like I heard it somewhere in a club or on the radio - but actually I wrote it myself using Dance Ejay - but I have no idea where it came from - I sequenced it myself - took hours to do playing around - but when I played it back it was like - where did this come from ?? I was sure I must have heard something similar before cos I don't know sod all about music!!

I have a much better sounding 11MB version if you have MSN messenger you can have it if you like it!! Music was meant to be shared!!

;)
  • Options
    thought it sounded ejay ish :p heheheh all the same, good tune :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    thought it sounded ejay ish :p heheheh all the same, good tune :D

Yeah - I need more instrument samples really!!

Any ideas where to get them from?

I got Ejay from Kazza but I see it being solf for £10 at PC World and I think I even saw it free on a conrflakes packet or something!!
  • Options
    better idea... make your own samples :p dunno where you can d/l any from, try the ejay site (do a google search :p) also, try and get your hands on Frooty Loops... very good sampler and music maker, a billion times better an ejay. Traktor, for mixing bits together, and hey, you might make something that sounds like this:

just click the link

A very good friend of mine, who has actually made 2 CDs worth of decent tunes, but only has this one uploaded for some reason
  • Options
    Dude eJay sux.. No offence tho. Get Reason 2.5 or maybe even Fruity Loops if you wanna create your OWN stuff.
  • Options
    I've tried searching on google for a Frooty Loops website - can't seen to find one - never heard of that programme before - sounds like a cereal!!

Yeah - when I saw ejay goign practically free I guessed it was old hat - have you tried MixMan?
  • Options
    Nah I've got my own studio so I don't really bother with much software apart from Reason & Project 5.
    You can get a demo from..

http://www.propellerheads.se/downloads/demos/main.html

www.fruityloops.com

I have the new Fruity Loops ;)
  • Options
    I downloaded fruity loops a few days ago.......no idea how to use it but still think its wicked
  • Options
    I reckon you will find that Reason is easier to work with than Fruity.