Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Am I an idiot?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I saw my dad looking at Elton John tickets online and I know he can't afford them. Anyway, my mum isn't really very well at the moment and so I decided, as a treat to bid on some tickets on Ebay for her.

I am, so far, winning the bid. Anyway, I have bought lots of things from Ebay before, but I am feeling a little nervous about this. What if the tickets are fake? Can I go to the police (after all, Ebay will have the seller's address etc) or have I no come back if these tickets turn out to be fakes? (There is a picture of the tickets and they don't seem fake. The seller also has 100% positive feedback and he has sold tickets in the past)

They are really good seats and so far I am winning two tickets for a great deal less than this person should have paid for them. I am a little suspicious.

Am I an idiot? Should I just have forked out the extra £30 and bought the tickets from a reputable seller?
ANy Ebay disaster stories to share? :crazyeyes

Comments

• Options
    Nah you should be fine. If not then I believe ebay will do all the necessary chasing up through legal channels. They have over something my friend had a problem with.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    They have over something my friend had a problem with.
    Ooh, can you share the story?
  • Options
    Not really because i dont remember it all. Something like they won an auction for some sunglasses and sent the cheque which was cashed but no sunglasses. They told ebay who have started proceedings. They hope to recover at least 75% of the money if not all and will possibly get the glasses as well. or something.
  • Options
    Eek!
    I am so happy. I just got two tickets for Elton John for £65. They are worth £55 each so I am chuffed. My mum looked like she was going to cry when I told her and my dad is really happy and bouncing about!!
  • Options
    i bought tickets to reading festival last year on ebay... paid a little over the odds for them cause thats when they were all sold out but got them through and everything, no problems at all.

if they have a good history and have sold tickets, you should be fine. theres always a risk but as mist said ebay will chase it up for you, as the auction is a legally binding contract so you do have a degree of comeback if it all should go horribly wrong. as long as they dont flee the country or something should all be fine.
  • Options
    They should be fine, my mum bought me some tickets to see Eminem at Milton Keynes from eBay for just over £70 for 2, and they were ok, but then again, my mum also bought a matching Burberry bag and purse for my sister before she got the Eminem tickets and they havent arrived yet. We had to contact the bloke.
  • Options
    My friend who went through ebay and met a person there and bought a mobile phone off them and he lost his money...was a scam..so be careful anyway.
  • Options
    BumbleeBee what a nice suprise, I bet they are well chuffed :)