Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Sorr this is long - IMPORTANT!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I feel terrible
:(

:(I have just had an argument with my parents and the outcome is that they are ashamed im not suitable to work with children and i am an embarrasment!
RIGHT

this weekend i went camping with my leo club there were 3 11 yr olds (1 of which the mother told me too look after) 3 15 yr olds
4 13 year olds 1 17 year old and a 12 year oldand the rest were 18+

I decided that if all those over 18 accompanied thise under 18 to shops and ensured no alcohol consumption all would be fine, it was a national camp and was to be a fun event!

Now on the first nite i said i would not drink alcohol, SO i didnt i listened to argument after argument tale after tale, moan after moan in the end the older members (21-35 year olds) who are leos from britain were getting so fed up of them all wanting my attention, i couldnt get them to stay in bed and the 5 other adults supposed to be helping were either drunk in the woods, on a roof!!!!! :rolleyes: or stripping, i was so angry i sat on the path and just thought about what to do, one of the 17 year olds smuggled alcohol in givin it to the kids!

my club is teh youngest in britain the average age for leos is 23! I was happy to sit an keep an eye however we had a spoilt bitch who demanded she was fed more than 6 meals a day else she would die (she has diabetes) come saturday night this girl was threatening suicide we called her parents to get her, i had been up ALL FRIDAY NIGHT and morning TRYING TO SHUT THEM UP! so saturday i was feeling very ill and had to go docs i had lost my voice and kept blacking out! one of the older lions suggested i sat with them the night after and left the other adults to take control this night as i was feeling that stressed! i sat and ate some food and had a glass of wine i was not drunk but simply having fun for the first time on my holiday as well! yet when they saw me sat with the other leo club they all started teasing saying i was paraletic, one told my mum and said i wasnt suitable to work with them! we had a few silly fotos taken and went to bed that night they all decided to sleep in the open (another thing that was supposedly my fault as i should have been watching them! YES IM IN CHARGE OF THE CLUB but there are older adults with more authority than me there!:(

to cut this long story short i returned home today after enjoying the last night, but becase i ejoyed that parents may have a go because i cant work with children, i must admitt our behaviour was that of a drunk but im hyper all the time, i felt i deserved a break i put up 8 tents 2 gazebos therefore WHY!!!! am i an evil irresponsible spoilt child? MY PARENTS KNOW I WANNA WORK WITH PRIMARY SCHOOL CHILDREN AND I AM GREAT WITH MY BROWNIES BUT MY MUM SAID I AM NEVER GOING TO BE A GOOD TEACHER AS IM SHIT WITH KIDS, in all fairness these little brats are hardly children they are adolecents who should KNOW how to behave, i worked with 30 4 year olds last week and they know how to behave!:(

After i attended this camp although i was tired ill, with a bad leg just so those youngsters could attend i would have expected diffrent!:(

Parents are angry but it was my holiday, i was stuck trying to control apes!:p

Comments

• Options
    Wow. It sounds like you`ve had an incredibly raw deal all round.

I wouldn`t like to be in charge of a group of adolescents like that, no way. Fuck that!

Where were the other adults? Pissed? They should`ve been helping you, not just leaving you to deal with it all. That`s not your fault.

And from what I remember your parents are incredibly critical and hard on you. Don`t let them tell you you`ll never make a teacher if you know what they`re saying is unfair. Why are they so fucking harsh with you?! I`d just like to slap some parents, really I would.

Sorry, I mean, I know they`re your mum and dad and everything.... but you`re an embarassment?! WTF?! They should be angry with the other adults on the camp if you ask me.
  • Options
    This Leo's thing sounds so much fun - I thought the cut-off age was 29 and then they make you go join the foriegn leigion or something?

Where was your club again? Can we all come up and be honoury members for a day? :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    This Leo's thing sounds so much fun - I thought the cut-off age was 29 and then they make you go join the foriegn leigion or something?

Where was your club again? Can we all come up and be honoury members for a day? :D

It is but some leos are clingons and just wont leave! some are that attached and people love em they go to EVERY events and are supper people after 28 they go to lions, our club is in cornwall

It was not fun, i tried and maybe i was a prat for enjoying myself saturday night :( but it was MY DAY ASWLL i have been counting down for 4 months! :(

Thankyou so much Miffy, the advice was lovely i mean, yes i should have woken them up got them in the tents but i was happy for the quiet!

:(

I hAD 1 ADULT ALL WEEKEND HELPING ME THE OTHERS WERE EITHER! sorry! :o shoping, drinking, down beach or in the woods and i was ALL ALONE! we used a school field so it was open all night for toilets and showers etc!

I rung my leo advisor in tears coz i felt i had ruined everything so am waiting for him to arrive, however my mum and dad are going to have a go at him and are very angry i told him in the first place as i have no right to tell people what goes on in the house etc (the usual thing) but i have to tell someone it hurts to think you have upset people and have ruined things! but in all fairness i am allowed to drink, i was acting like a prat (fairly drunk) yet if a child fell over or there was an accident i would still be in full control (there is a difference and i knew that that is why i never went over the top! ( i never do - i have never been drunk just a happy person and when i have a few im happier!) i didnt get drunk as i knew i would need to be sober for the kids! (i just hope if any person has a problem those people can read this and see!) i mean kids exagerate anyway, like yesterday a girl wanting to overdose, she had bo intensions etc!, and a girl said the police were phoned (BULLSHIT), my dad was asking questions and she was giving the exact questions he wnated to hear to get me further in shit! she is a lyer and as a result has got me into this! that was crap how i was paraletic pissed! f**kin bull! i was sober, i mean i feel humiliated to say i dont know whats its like to wake up with a hangover!:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*

Thankyou so much Miffy, the advice was lovely i mean, yes i should have woken them up got them in the tents but i was happy for the quiet!

A feeling any parent of small children knows only TOO well! I don`t blame you one little bit. Anyway, sleeping under the stars is not going to kill them, is it?

I rung my leo advisor in tears coz i felt i had ruined everything so am waiting for him to arrive, however my mum and dad are going to have a go at him and are very angry i told him in the first place as i have no right to tell people what goes on in the house etc (the usual thing) but i have to tell someone it hurts to think you have upset people and have ruined things! [ snip ] i mean kids exagerate anyway, like yesterday a girl wanting to overdose, she had bo intensions etc!, and a girl said the police were phoned (BULLSHIT), my dad was asking questions and she was giving the exact questions he wnated to hear to get me further in shit! she is a lyer and as a result has got me into this! that was crap how i was paraletic pissed! f**kin bull! i was sober, i mean i feel humiliated to say i dont know whats its like to wake up with a hangover!:(

I don`t know what`s up with your parents, I really don`t. They sound so uptight it`s untrue. Try to stay calm and put your point across in an adult fashion. If you should be upset with anyone, it`s the other adults, the kids who are lying (although as you said they do this... point that out when your adviser gets there) and your BLOODY PARENTS! Who should be on your side.

You have no reason to be upset with yourself. You have done nothing wrong.
  • Options
    Forgot to say - don`t be embarassed to say you don`t know what it`s like to have a hangover. It`s way overrated. There`s nothing that great about waking up feeling shitty and ill following a night you can now barely remember.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Forgot to say - don`t be embarassed to say you don`t know what it`s like to have a hangover. It`s way overrated. There`s nothing that great about waking up feeling shitty and ill following a night you can now barely remember.
    :lol:

Yeah! i have heard :p

No i understand what your saying but if something had happened while they were out in the open! I dunno, it just (like im always moaning and saying) feels like 'it will all get better with time' I have been saying that by turning 16 turning it may improve and also, through GCSES's, getting boyfriends, , 18, doing Alevels, now im just hoping it gets better while i am at uni, i mean they are very protective, my dad is moaning at the moment coz i am ill and coughing and have lost my voice, its coz of the weekend but he keeps slammin dorrs so he cant hear me!

I mean i am 18, they need to realise i am an adult myself, i can easily move out and never speak again! ( i wouldnt) but im fed up like i am always saying this but my sister is always the little angel, she is always in detention, ( i never was)
  • Options

No i understand what your saying but if something had happened while they were out in the open!

Like what? :) Kids are so overprotected these days!!
    I mean i am 18, they need to realise i am an adult myself, i can easily move out and never speak again! ( i wouldnt) but im fed up

You may have to stand up to them one day before they realise that. My Dad still seems unable to realise I`m an adult and I shall do as I damn well please at the age of 32, so I have given up trying with him.
  • Options
    Like what? :) Kids are so overprotected these days!!

Well get ill, or with them on their own may be attacked! it sounds silly but it can happen!

Gonna have to start bein a little more assertive!
  • Options
    With the best will in the world, if 15 year olds are gonna be bolshy and uppity then I don`t think they`re going to listen to an 18 year old. They`re going to think, "WTF, she`s only three years older than me, I`m not having that off her!" It`s what kids are like, it`s not your fault. You should have had more support.

Having said that a bit of assertiveness never went amiss. ;)
  • Options
    yeah thanks for that!

i feel slightly better now, however i have lost my voice with all the shouting, or at least i think that is it, although i always scream and shout so i doubt it! i have a sore throat and swollen glands but i want it back! :( i got my work placement tomorrow with 3 year olds so i have to have it back :(
  • Options
    yeah thanks for that!

I think you may have taken that the wrong way. Not saying all 15 year olds are like that, but some are.

Hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    I think you may have taken that the wrong way. Not saying all 15 year olds are like that, but some are.

Hope you feel better soon.

No i mean thanks for the advice on everything it really has helped chatting to ya! :)

Thankyou, it has helped and im feeling a little better now just dont like letting my parents down everything i do is to make them proud of me yet it never works! :(
  • Options
    No i mean thanks for the advice on everything it really has helped chatting to ya! :)

Thankyou, it has helped and im feeling a little better now just dont like letting my parents down everything i do is to make them proud of me yet it never works! :(

Hmm, that sounds familliar. I did that too, always trying to make my dad proud of me, it never worked, I just ended up miserable. Then I realised that NOTHING would ever be good enough for him, it didn`t matter what I did and by trying to please him all the time I ended up not even knowing what I wanted. Unfortunately I also ended up doing the same thing in my marriage, but now I know better.

Sometimes you have to do what makes you happy and stop being a people pleaser. "This above all, to thine own self be true".

Edited to say; Might I remind you of this ?? They have more than enough to be proud of! Even if they can`t be proud of you, you should be very proud of yourself.
  • Options
    Thanks Miffy, that was a nice this to post up and i cant believe some people still remember it, it is nice to see it!

Thanks so much for your help :)