Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Premium SMS Text Competitions and Voting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do any of you here enter SMS Text competitions and polls when you know you're gonna be charged a premium like 25p or 50p per message?

I just think it's a shame a lot of Children's TV programmes are making money off kids by running competitions like this. Big Brother I think is also a premium system.

When I used to watch TV when I was young it was more like write you answer on the back of a postcard and send it to us and half the time the postage was free as well.

Comments

• Options
    No I don't. What a con.

ALSO i HATE when you get these stupid messages such as "you have won 1000 phone this number to claim ur prize".

And then they send another one saying "this is ur final chance to claim"

And then they send another one saying "this is ur final chance.."
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    No I don't. What a con.

ALSO i HATE when you get these stupid messages such as "you have won 1000 phone this number to claim ur prize".

And then they send another one saying "this is ur final chance to claim"

And then they send another one saying "this is ur final chance.."

Yeah - I've had those as well - the number is always a Premium number begining with 09 something - if it were a normal number I might respond - the telecom regulators don't do anything to stop it either - I tell you in 5 years time we'll need anti-SPAM software on our phones
  • Options
    I hate it. :|

When i got my first contract phone bill there was like £6 of it and I didnt do it. :| I wasnt happy. :mad:
  • Options
    Does anyone use SMS.AC?

You have to agree to them taking credit by charging to your mobile phone Bill - now they give 8 Free credits per day which I can use to send 2 SMS messages abroad - but occassionally you SMS someone and they'll charge you like 25 credits where as in other circumstances they only charge 1 or 3 credits and then they take that off your phone Bill cos it takes you over the 8 free credits per day - it's annoying when that happens but they do it on purpose I'm sure to make money.