Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

It makes me sick

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sorry to have a moan but I just heard a report on the news, that an 11 year old boy has committed suicide over bullying. The boy took a massive overdose of painkillers last night. He was being bullied and tormented, day in, day out on his bus and at his school. His mother said a few words, nearly in tears. She said she had a little talk with him last night, in which he was distressed and he explained how he coudn't even go on the bus to school without being tormented. It makes me FUCKING SICK that anyone could drive a kid to do such a thing. I mean 11 fucking years old??? I've never heard of anyone so young committing suicide. It's just fucking awful. Society is seriously too fucked up :mad: :(

Comments

• Options
    Bloody hell I didn't hear about that. And his mum didn't have any idea about it until last night??? Christ. And did you hear about that bloke that tried to kidnap a 16 year old girl on CCTV?? I saw it on the news this morning and it looked really bad. He just grabbed her and tried to pull her into the bushes and he picked her up and she was kicking and screaming. Luckily she managed to get away. Some people are way too fucked up these days.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *x*socksgirl*x*
    Christ. And did you hear about that bloke that tried to kidnap a 16 year old girl on CCTV?? I saw it on the news this morning and it looked really bad. He just grabbed her and tried to pull her into the bushes and he picked her up and she was kicking and screaming. Luckily she managed to get away. Some people are way too fucked up these days.

I saw that, i dont understand how he got away, he wasn't far from then i nthe first place!!!
  • Options
    WOAH.

I so havent had the TV or radio on today. :|

I'll catch it on the 6pm news.

I spelt news noooes then. :| *kills self*
  • Options
    everything is so bad nowadays, people getting killed, kidnapped, suisides, everything! what the fuck is wrong with this world?!?!
  • Options
    OMG :( I just saw part of the interview with the mother *he'll never grow old* she sobbed *no one can hurt him anymore...* they were unable to say anything else, as the parents fell into each others arms in tears :(

The thing that fucking pisses me off are the schools. I had to move schools because I was being bullied, and even at my last school I got bullied and they made it out to be nothing. I mean schools NEVER DO ANYTHING when their kids are bullied, they shrug it off as childish name calling. Name calling for a start is just as bad, if not worse, than physical abuse.

If the school was more responsible and had dealt with this properly, he would never have died...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    The thing that fucking pisses me off are the schools. I had to move schools because I was being bullied, and even at my last school I got bullied and they made it out to be nothing. I mean schools NEVER DO ANYTHING when their kids are bullied, they shrug it off as childish name calling. Name calling for a start is just as bad, if not worse, than physical abuse.

If the school was more responsible and had dealt with this properly, he would never have died...:rolleyes:

I'm probaby going to get yelled at for this. So I apologise in advance. And yes chaos, I understand the point you're making, and yes a lot of schools do ignore it, and a lot of schools don't do all they can.

But sometimes the kids don't tell anyone. And sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between a petty argument, and genuine bullying. And sometimes it's not as simple as 'exclude the bully' - they have a right to education as well, blah blah, can be hard to prove bullying's going on, needs to happen repeatedly before permanant exclusion...

I don't really know what I'm saying here :/ just that there is only so much a school can do. Like I said, there are schools that don't do what they should and chose to ignore it with the typical 'bullying doesn't happen here' stance. But you can't blame it entirely on schools. And I am not saying that in these (very sad) circumstances, the school wasn't to blame. Just that..you can't always blame the school in all cases of bullying...

Anyway...*hides from objects flying towards head*
  • Options
    i know that this question may not be so approprate, but....what going to happen to the school for not dealing with it, and the students that bullied him?
  • Options
    I don't know Zella. Laura in some cases you're right, but in this case you're wrong. The boy had told the school all along. They explained how the school had failed to stop a previous case of the boy being bullied, and the mother was (I think) talking to him about it a lot.
  • Options
    And I am not saying that in these (very sad) circumstances, the school wasn't to blame.

See, I covered myself :p

It just seemed that you were blaming every case on bad handling by schools, and there are so many different circumstances in bullying that although it seems obvious to blame the schools, it's not always their fault. Bullying is a difficult thing to tackle in schools, and without having people following the bully/victim all the time, it's impossible to monitor.

But I'm not saying bullying isn't handled badly in a lot of schools. Just that it's not as simple as 'this child is being bullied - permanantly exclude the bully, problem solved'. Which I know anyone with half a brain should understand. But just to put it in nice simple terms for those of us without half a brain :p
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by Zella
    i know that this question may not be so approprate, but....what going to happen to the school for not dealing with it, and the students that bullied him?

possibly nothing. it depends on alot. i havent seen the story yet so i dont know what all happened but it depends if the boy came forward and told people about it all. there will be an investigation into the schools bullying policy but nothing may be done.

i think this is an extremely sad story and a good example of how society and education can let people down :(
  • Options
    Am I right in saying his name was Thomas Thompson?

That's my nephews name, he's 11 too. I nearly had a heart attack when I heard it on the news before realising it was in Merseyside. It is a horrible thing to happen, at 11 especially, it is worrying that children as young as 11 would be contemplating suicide, before life has even started for them. :(
  • Options
    what the hell is happening to the school and the bully's??? Not there's much they can do to them, but you'd think something would happne, like put the bully's in psychotherapy or something, it must have been pretty bad - they're gonna know that it was them already, and they're gonna need some sort of therapy or institutionalisation to deal with that.
  • Options
    Can I just say something?

I was bullied all through school. That's 12 years. Every day, by everyone. I had no friends.

You are so defeated you see no point in telling anyone. You have tried countless times but they have done nothing, just got you in even more shit with the bullies.

Oh, and bullies have no right to education. They have rights to a free seat in hell.

I HATE BULLIES.

I want them all to suffer a long and painful death, but even then it wouldn't amount to the pain and anguish they put their victims through.

Rest In Peace Thomas. Another one bites the dust.
  • Options
    tv is the cause of it..people are wactching fucked up images on tv and are going to out in the real world with their infected minds and causing harm to society...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    tv is the cause of it..people are wactching fucked up images on tv and are going to out in the real world with their infected minds and causing harm to society...

I agree with you to an extent. At the age of 11, the mind is very influential. Recently, it seems suicide is almost popular, for lack of better word. Lots of people are doing it, and at the age of 11, it can almost seem as if this is a good way out of things. Well not good, but it's always in the news or wherever you look, and at the age off 11, If he saw this everywhere, he will have easily been influenced.
    RIP Thomas, no matter how drastic you problem was, more people loved you than you imagined. I'm sure you will be severly missed. I feel for his parents and everyone who knew him.
    I hope this plants a very strong message into his attackers brains. You are fucking bastards regardless, I don't know how anyone can drive someone this far. I hope you are ridden with guilt. Bastards.

God bless, Thomas. :(
  • Options
    The most tragic thing is, at that age, committing suicide is always just a cry for help and attention. I was like that. All I could think about was seeing the bullies and the teachers at the funeral feeling guilty, and everyone finally seeing the truth. Your self esteem is blown to such pieces that it doesn't even register that you will never return and things will never get better and you will never see your life change and move.
  • Options
    i agree with you z0ma...people are infulenced by tv, most normal sane people aren't but then again you can't ban tv, theres always going to be problems and bastards like bullies in the world.
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    The most tragic thing is, at that age, committing suicide is always just a cry for help and attention. I was like that. All I could think about was seeing the bullies and the teachers at the funeral feeling guilty, and everyone finally seeing the truth. Your self esteem is blown to such pieces that it doesn't even register that you will never return and things will never get better and you will never see your life change and move.

I know exactly how you feel, I felt like this one hell of a lot too when I was being bullied. The mother even described on the news that *it was his cry for help*. When I was in all this depression half the reason (as a lot of people know) I self harmed was because I fucking hated the fact that nothing was being done and I thought hopefully a physical representation (though nowhere near as strong) would make them realise that I was in deep pain. And you know what? No one ever did. ever.

I was seen as the little brother who copied his sister, because she used to do it too. Well I fucking hated that, and the fact that people were calling me stupid for doing it made me do it more, because I was always being called stupid, or fat, and I hated it. The point is most things in my eyes, like attempted suicide and stuff are to do with showing people how much you hurt in a physical way, and hoping they realise it and things change. I don't know what was going through the boys mind, but personally I don't think he thought he'd die, I think he did it for the help and attention he longed for, but he took too many, and it killed him too fast :(

RIP Thomas

And may those fucking idescribeable bastard bullies rot in hell for all eternity, and as for the rest of the bullies? Frankly I don't care if they burn in hell either... :(