Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

bloody new veggie lifestyle!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just a simple thread, im a newly created veggie due to feeling guilty after a burger and i need some advice for some good veggie meals, picking the sausages out of my beans and sausage on toast is losing its excitement :D

thanx in advance :D

Comments

• Options
    Re: bloody new veggie lifestyle!!!
    Originally posted by solid_L
    feeling guilty after a burger

LMAO!

Priceless.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Don't feel guilty about eating meat ...if people didn't eat meat there'd be fuck all animals in this country. They don't make good pets you see! ;)
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Do not, i repeat Do not feel guilty about eating meat...meat is lovely :yum:

lmao :lol:
  • Options
    Mmmm... meat :yum:

I never feel guilty about eating meat. The only time I think I should feel guilty is when I eat sausage rolls or other..porky stuff around my Muslim friend. But...I still don't feel guilty. Naaah well *shrugs*
  • Options
    I don't feel guilty, or think about it, when I eat meat. I don't eat as much as I used to, but I enjoy it when I do. :yum:
    You've made me start thinking about cooking tasty burgers now. :yum:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    picking the sausages out of my beans and sausage on toast is losing its excitement :D

You do realise that you can just buy beans on their own? :p
  • Options
    Also you do realise that there must be millions of veggie recipes on the net?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Try this:

Veggie meals
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    Try this:

Veggie meals

Or either of these:

Uno | Dos
  • Options
    just a simple thread, im a newly created veggie due to feeling guilty after a burger and i need some advice for some good veggie meals, picking the sausages out of my beans and sausage on toast is losing its excitement :D

thanx in advance :D

Oh good I thought I was the only one who felt guilty after eating meat sometimes! Sometimes I eat sausage rolls and I feel sick after thinking eww I've got pig inside me or whatever...lol must mean I'm destined to be vegetarian...

Most of the time I don't eat red meat anyway but sometimes I can't resist a nice bacon butty...but then I feel sick after so I don't know why I bother. I eat chicken though cos I don't care about them, chickens are horrible creatures :D
  • Options
    Re: Re: bloody new veggie lifestyle!!!
    Originally posted by FireyFirenze

I eat chicken though cos I don't care about them, chickens are horrible creatures :D

What, so you're placing value on life now?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: bloody new veggie lifestyle!!!
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    What, so you're placing value on life now?

Ummm...yeah. I don't know. I know I'm weird, just that sometimes I think that pigs and cows are a bit cute and like big fat animals whereas chickens are scrawny little things that are horrible so I don't care if i eat them. Well I dont feel sick after anyway.

I know you won't know what I'm on about and think i'm stupid so never mind hehe :p
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: bloody new veggie lifestyle!!!
    Originally posted by FireyFirenze
    Ummm...yeah. I don't know. I know I'm weird, just that sometimes I think that pigs and cows are a bit cute and like big fat animals whereas chickens are scrawny little things that are horrible so I don't care if i eat them. Well I dont feel sick after anyway.

I know you won't know what I'm on about and think i'm stupid so never mind hehe :p

I think I know what you mean. It's kinda like..some of the things that are eaten abroad (I'm thinking dogs as an example) are really shocking to people in this country. It's like the same thing, but in reverse. And it's an individual view rather than a general view. Or..something like that :p
  • Options
    There are plenty of books on vegetarian cookery, but if you want to be truelly animal friendly, then I wouldn't wear any products made from leather or use products tested on animals. It's difficult, in that most medication is or has been tested on animals in the past. So really, living an animal friendly life is incredibly difficult.

Interesting sites you posted Kiezo, I'll have a proper read when I have time.

On the level of my own respect towards animals, I don't buy cosmetics that have been tested, Nestlé or shoes and clothes that have been made in sweatshops.

It's hard to keep to such rules though, very hard.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Creeper
    It's difficult, in that most medication is or has been tested on animals in the past.

See, this is what I don't get. Are you going to refuse treatment if you're seriously ill just because it was tested on an animal? You're willing to risk dying because of some guilt?

Besides, the deed's been done. Are you going to let the death of that animals life be in vain?

As is said in the articles I posted, large amounts of animals are brutally killed while harvesting crops for your diet and are left to rot in fields - at least we're making use of the animals who we kill. Humanely may I add.