Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

new hairdrier

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm finally going to start blow drying my hair again :D for years i've just tied it up wet because it normally goes unbelievably frizzy if i use a hair drier.

so today i've bought a babyliss ion shine (whatever that is) hair drier with a diffuser, which i thought might help matters.

trouble is i'm not sure what the best way is of using the diffuser. should i do my hair in sections or all at once? upside down or right way up?

:confused:

can't wait to try it though. think i will go for a shower now :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: new hairdrier
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    trouble is i'm not sure what the best way is of using the diffuser. should i do my hair in sections or all at once? upside down or right way up?

:confused:

It varies from person to person but i would say; (presuming you want your hair straight)

1) Rough dry your hair until it is damp and not wringing wet.
    2) Then apply a straightening or shine serum to tame the frizz.
    3) Then section the hair and dry with a paddle brush.
    4) After it is completely dry move on to the next section. Do this untill your hair is completely dry.
    5) If you find your hair is still frizzy,run a small amount of shine serum through your hair again and use straighteners to get a really straight, shiny finish.

Well thats my usual routine. As i said before, everyone dries their hair differently but i would say that's a good starting point. :)
    Diffuser's are for curly hair aren't they? :confused:
    Re: Re: new hairdrier
    Originally posted by One of the Nobodies
    It varies from person to person but i would say; (presuming you want your hair straight)

1) Rough dry your hair until it is damp and not wringing wet.
    2) Then apply a straightening or shine serum to tame the frizz.
    3) Then section the hair and dry with a paddle brush.
    4) After it is completely dry move on to the next section. Do this untill your hair is completely dry.
    5) If you find your hair is still frizzy,run a small amount of shine serum through your hair again and use straighteners to get a really straight, shiny finish.

Well thats my usual routine. As i said before, everyone dries their hair differently but i would say that's a good starting point. :)

thanks. i can get my hair straight ok with my straighteners but i was wanting to know how to use my diffuser to get the best wavy look. i tried today and it turned out ok, but went frizzy again as soon as i stepped outside.

i've got loads of hair products but i don't like using too many cos they end up making my hair look so greasy :(
    I've just asked Jeeves and this is what he told me:

QUESTION: How do I use a diffuser?

ANSWER: If you have wavy or curly hair, chances are at least one stylist has recommended that you use a diffuser -- a cone-shaped attachment that slips onto the end of your blow-dryer -- to dry your hair. It works by allowing the heat from your dryer through while restricting the airflow, so your hair still dries but delicate waves and curls don't get blasted apart from the force of the air.

Here's how to use it:

Start with damp hair. Too-wet hair will take forever to dry with this method.

Gently shake your head so that your curls and waves begin to take shape.

Tilt your head to one side. Hold the diffuser under your hair.

Gently circulate the diffuser underneath the section of hair until it is only slightly damp.

Resist the urge to scrunch, which makes hair frizzy.

Flip your head to the other side and repeat.

Stop drying when hair is still the slightest bit damp, and allow it to air-dry the rest of the way.