Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Sorry, but it really gets on my nerves..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When there are people who will take any drug just to get fucked up, like they don't care what it is and don't know anything about it and contribute to spreading all those bullshit drug myths.

For instance, someone told me when you take acid it forms crystals in your brain and makes the two hemispheres work seperatly. LSD then remains in your body FOREVER (little crystals in your brain lodged there for the rest of your life.) :rolleyes:

And I swear the next person to tell me "Nah mate white widow has got crack innit me and doufus here was royally fucked up yeh man largin it!! bo selecta" I am going to beat the fuck out of them.

I'm not trying to make myself out to be someone sort of drug expert, but people that carry on like this really piss me off.

People on this forum generally aren't as bad, but there are 1 or 2.

Salvia, for instance. When people have a bad time on salvia I think that's because it's a drug that is not supposed to be used to 'get fucked up' but it has a more spirtual side to it which the average druggie can't handle, I'm not saying I can either and I'm not telling people what they can and can't take but I do think that bad trips from it come from people not knowing what they're doing in the first place.

Sorry, my rant is over now. Who agrees?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    woo hoo Jake mate~i think we have a first here .... im agreeing with you! :D

Mind you, i used to think white widow had cocaine in it.

When i was 13...
    Actually, ive got another confession .. i used to think that brown specks in pills showed that there was heroin, which always confused me, but i believed it (had been reading to much of my fellas FHM) but Bongbudda put me straight! :)
    Re: Sorry, but it really gets on my nerves..

If you are talking about when i sad salvia was crap as i have said it on this board before, i didnt feel anything, thats the thing, just drunk... i could handle spiritual things-i have before on alot of cannabis but i know its not the same as salvia.

well, I have no idea what half the things are you just mentioned, but like I have said before, it depends on what i fancy at the time ie......what kinda fucked I'd like to be..................pills are a nice medium I feel, depending on how many you take orcourse.

anyhoooo....yeah..............

.....I agree with sorting out people that talk like that! :D
    Re: Re: Sorry, but it really gets on my nerves..
    Originally posted by Shogun
    If you are talking about when i sad salvia was crap as i have said it on this board before, i didnt feel anything, thats the thing, just drunk... i could handle spiritual things-i have before on alot of cannabis but i know its not the same as salvia.

so here's a question for you now.............what is salvia?

You prob know more about drugs than me even though you haven't even tried many. (fair play to doing your research before, something I should have done really!):D :p
    Dear oh dear!! Who on EARTH told you that acid forms crystals on your brain and makes the two hemispheres work seperately!!!?

That is far and away, the worst, most bullshit story I have ever heard, and ive heard a few!
    That comment is truly pathetic, and if I were you id treat this persons comments with utter disdain, the dude clearly has not got a clue about what he or shes talking about.

This is what annoys me, people bleating utter bullshit, trying to make it sound like they know what they are talking about.
    Almost as ridiculous as the 'White widow has coke in it' - cant beleive anyone could be stupid enough to beleive that , but anyway and the 'heroine in pills' story...

Some people really do have too much time on their hands!
    haaay i believed the coke in white widow thing a few years ago, and until recently believed the heroin in pills story ~ and im not stupid!! am i jake?!

JAKE! :D
    Nope, you're very clever actually. :D

Ps I wrote this post of my own free will and no-one including lil-minx told me to say she was clever.
    Re: Re: Re: Sorry, but it really gets on my nerves..
    Originally posted by Amie Butler
    so here's a question for you now.............what is salvia?

You prob know more about drugs than me even though you haven't even tried many. (fair play to doing your research before, something I should have done really!):D :p

salvia is a halluncation drug supposedly, for many it has been but ive never tripped on it, the only things ive tried is cannabis, alcohol and salvia and have researched on salvia and e and acid. I want to know the type of feeling i could expect.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Weed dipped in acid :lol:
    Pills with heroin in :lol:
    People getting high off smoking liberty caps :lol:
    You have one in ten cahnce of dying if you do a pil :lol:
    If you don;t die on your first pill you never will :lol:
    etc....
    Weekender Offender 
    So what you think the chance of dying on 1 pill is skive?

weed dipped in acid or any other drug is just pure stupid, why would anybody waste time and money to add other drugs, if a person says this to you they are bullshitting and just want more money for themselves.
    So what you think the chance of dying on 1 pill is skive?

British Government Risk Classification

Sir Kenneth Calman, Govt Chief Medical Officer, has instituted a government directive on how to explain risks to the public in a consistent way, intended for patients with a choice of treatments. They argued that statistics are confusing to normal people, and so they want to establish consistent use of terms so that the 'man in the street' can compare one type of risk with another.
    From The Times, 26/9/96 on "On the State of the Public Health", HMSO 1995

Risk of dying in any one year as a result of exposure to the various dangers:

Moderate risk = less than 1:100 but greater than 1:1,000, eg Smoking 10 cigarettes a day, parachuting

Low risk = less than 1:1,000 but greater than 1:10,000, eg Influenza, road accident

Very Low risk = less than 1:10,000 but greater than 1:100,000, eg leukaemia, playing soccer, accident at work, murder

Minimal risk = less than 1:100,000 but greater than1:1,000,000, eg railway accident, horse riding, fishing

Negligible risk = less than 1:1,000,000, eg hit by lightning or radiation leak from nuclear power station

The risk of death from using Ecstasy depends on the number of users and the number of deaths per year, both figures which are disputed. At a recent meeting I attended along with a senior police officer, senior drugs educator and head of drugs agency Lifeline, all were convinced that there are well over a million regular users of Ecstasy, some thought as many as 2 million. On the other hand, the British Crime Survey 1996 reported that there are only 80,000 regular users.
    The number of deaths known to be due to Ecstasy (ie, it was found in their blood and there was no other obvious cause) is about seven per year in the UK. Higher figures include 'Ecstasy-associated deaths' of people who have taken Ecstasy but whose death was not directly attributed to the drug.

If we assume a million users, this works out at 1:143,000, implying the risk is "Minimal".

If we assume 80,000 users, this works out at 1:11,430, implying the risk is "Very Low"

and formt he same website

Risk

The fact is that everything we do is risky, and that it is possible to reduce the risk with knowledge, looking after yourself and being with friends who look after one another. This applies just as much to taking Ecstasy as to rock climbing.

In my book, I have shown that many 'respectable' activities are more dangerous than taking Ecstasy. Recently I have found statistics that show the risk is similar to fishing! If we assume that Ecstasy is taken on 25 million occasions a year (half a million a week), and that there are 7 Ecstasy-related deaths per year, then this compares favourably with 10 deaths related to fishing, which is done on 45 million occasions a year, and 12 deaths resulting from horse riding which is done on 40 million occasions. (Source: Government statistics in OPCS Monitor DH4 92/4).

Some people will argue that you cannot compare good healthy sporting activities with bad sleazy drug taking. Well, then let's compare drinking alcohol with illicit drugs. The Royal College of Physicians recently published a report called Alcohol and the Young, whose president (Professor Turnberg) was quoted in The Times: "The impact that drugs have on the young has received huge publicity. What is not so widely recognised is that alcohol causes ten times as much damage [to the same age group, 16 to 25] as drugs." I failed to find supporting data in the report, but if true and there is more than one illicit drug user to every ten drinkers under 25, then turning people away from drugs may result in them doing more harm to themselves by drinking instead.

Critics will say that all these figures are based on guessed statistics as regards drug use. True, but I have taken the lowest guess and use is very likely to be far greater than I have assumed, leading to the conclusion that Ecstasy use carries less risk than, for instance, fishing. But facts are hardly the issue: the situation could be compared to when Darwin produced evidence to show that humans are descended from animals: for many years he did not dare to publish his findings for fear of the reaction of the intolerant establishment and church.
    Weekender Offender 
    After reading that i dont think theres that much a risk from popping an e as long as your careful.
    ever seen human traffic?
    ever seen human traffic?

Nice one bruvvaaaaa, I said, nice on bro-bruvvaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Nah, never heard of it, what is it?

Safe as houses
    Nice one bruvvaaaa, nice one bruvvaaa

quality film, the part where Moff and his new found friend talk about star wars and its relation to drug use, selling crack to space junkies and yoda has been coming down for 500 years :lol:
    I'd aggree with all of that apart from the bit about Salvia, I would say that some people have a bad time on it because it is a trip, there is always the risk when you take something like that, especialy a strong one, that it will go sideways on you.

I've done a preaty good share of different trips and the only one I've had any problem with is salvia, it just didnt aggree with me, thats all.
    ever seen human traffic?

Got it on vid and DVD. Is probably one of my top three films.

What it makes it so good is that it gets everything just right - both about drugs, music, people ...it's like a weekend out of my own life. I can realte each one of the characters to someone I know in real life. My mates and I all have a bit of Moff in us without a doubt, and things like Spliff Politics get it spot on.
    Weekender Offender 
    I rented Human Traffic for the whole of this week so I might have to watch it again now. It is one of my top three films. Everything in the film is so real.
    Originally posted by sarahisgreat
    For instance, someone told me when you take acid it forms crystals in your brain and makes the two hemispheres work seperatly. LSD then remains in your body FOREVER (little crystals in your brain lodged there for the rest of your life.) :rolleyes:
    :lol:
    Was the person telling you this been serious? or are they the kind of person to try and blag your head?
    This sounds like the kind of stuff one of my mates say all the time, not being serious at all but trying to blag someones head so they believe total bullshit. I know the lad well and still he manages to blag my head, not on drugs, but other random shit.
    Re: Re: Sorry, but it really gets on my nerves..
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    :lol:
    Was the person telling you this been serious? or are they the kind of person to try and blag your head?
    This sounds like the kind of stuff one of my mates say all the time, not being serious at all but trying to blag someones head so they believe total bullshit. I know the lad well and still he manages to blag my head, not on drugs, but other random shit.

He was definatly being serious, he also believes that the LSD crystals in your brain forever are what cause flashbacks. He also used to tell me about how he used to smoke shrooms and get 'really fucked' even though smoking them doesnt work. :crazyeyes
    he sounds like an idiot, smoking shrooms? :lol: your meant to eat them.
    Although ive never had any sort of trip of shrooms, ive eaten them, had shroom tea ~ and smoked them in a spliff.

I dont think you can really say it doesnt work, because i dont think thats strictly true, some people experience nothing, some people sware they do notice something if they smoke shrooms.. its pretty undescided whether they work or not, some people say the heat makes it inactive, but im not too sure.

I have a mate who never feels the need to make im 'i was so fucked' stories and he felt a change after smoking shrooms in a spliff. He said they 'worked' i beleive him.

Maybe you dont get the same effect as if you ate them, but there is an effect.
    if I have just a few shrooms they make me buzz, if I eat about 50-100 I trip like a mutha fucka
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    Maybe you dont get the same effect as if you ate them, but there is an effect.

The placebo effect ...the belief that smoking it works actually makes you start to beleive that you feel something.

When you talk about 'shrooms' it tak it you're talkign about liberty caps and other psilocybin/psilocin mushrooms. I and plenty of others I know have attempted to smoke these before and have come to the conclusion that it's a waste of time, in the same way as smoking weed 'dipped' in acid would be.

Like acid, psilocybin and psilocin are not stable chemicals and break down quite easilly as it is. Burning them is only going to destroy them.

There are however other types of shrooms that you can smoke and they're called amanita's. Mushrooms of this familly are soem of the most dangerous you can get, and include the famous Deathcap. Thsi familly also includes the Fly agaric which is probably one of the most common and easilly recognisable shroom in the country. It's quite large, it's red and has white spot/wart type things growing on it. I've both eaten and smoked these on about 3 or 4 occasions and they reamin one of my favourite drug experiences. YOU DO HAVE TO KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING THO!
    Weekender Offender 
    nah, i dont think its as simple as it just being a placebo effect.

from what ive heard heating would pretty much kill the effect, but theres bound to be some small effect.

i smoked them, without feeling even buzzing, but then ive eaten them too and not begun to trip~so i dont know!
    different effects for different people, thats it.
    I do think mushies are interesting for that, because I've found some are much stronger than others, even from the same batch. Thats why I always think its hard to go on weight.