Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Girlfriends, jealousy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Recently my gf has got a job at a pub, and she has accelled and go a promotion already, and is now bar head (incharge of the barstaff). She likes the job, the only thing is that i keep getting really jealous about the men/boys who ask her out, even after she says she has a boyfriend. I love her severely but this is killing me, and i dont know what to do, i have told her, but she says she wont quit or do anything about it, because she doesnt like upsetting things!
Everytime i hear something about someone chatting up my gf, or her chatting to men at the bar, it actually hurts to think about it.
Anyone else ever this jealous?

Comments

• Options
    yeh , ur imagination seems to get the better of you and starts to work overtime.
  • Options
    Girl-From-MarsGirl-From-Mars Posts: 2,822 Boards Guru
    you'll just have to learn to cope with your jealousy, it's unfair to ask your girlfriend to quit her job over this. she's not encouraging them, she tells them she has a bf and isnt interested... it's just the nature of her job that guys are gonna flirt with her. she clearly isnt going to act on it.... so i'm afraid it looks like this problem is yours that you'll have to deal with.
  • Options
    thankyou girlie from mars, you've told me stuff like my friends, its just hard to cope with it....i dont like it much, hehe.

but thanks.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ME,WHO I AM:
    <STRONG>thankyou girlie from mars, you've told me stuff like my friends, its just hard to cope with it....i dont like it much, hehe.

but thanks.</STRONG>

no man likes a threat to his relationship with his "woman", i guess it's some sort of territorial thing. You should try a long distance relationship, if you think you get jealous now, just wait till she introduces you to the nice lad who lives downstairs lol.