Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How do i introduce my g/f too

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone, not sure if i have posted in the right section (mods, feel free to move this appropiate forum section), but i'm hoping some people might be able to help me on this.

I've just started going out with my 1st proper girlfriend, she is slightly older then me (she is 23, i am 20, but will be 21 this september).

Now, as she is my first proper g/f, i am nervous and and have no idea how to introduce her to my parents/other siblings.

Anyone who can help me on this subject, my thanks in advance,

thanks,

Michael.

Comments

• Options
    There are so many magazine articles, internet articles and v programmes which focus on how to introduce your seeious partner to your parents, or how to act when you meet his/her parents.

When i had my first serious bf i was stil living at home and just invited him over one night saying to my parents 'this is phil, hes my bf' that was it. Worked fine for me. Casual.

But, if youre not living with your parents, which i suspect youre not, how about telling them of your gf and suggesting you go out for a meal together? Or having a barbeque at home?
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_minx

When i had my first serious bf i was stil living at home and just invited him over one night saying to my parents 'this is phil, hes my bf' that was it. Worked fine for me. Casual.

This is kind of how i met vicks mum.She needed to see her in town so we spoke abit then.It wasnt awkward cos it was unexpected!She hasnt met me mum and dad yet but i would like to do like the above!
  • Options
    Do you ever have BIG family gatherings, like a wedding Anniversary or something?

I think in someways this is a good time to do the whole introduction thing, then they can meet your parents and all your relatives in one go!!

And also there's lots of people meeting other people so it's not such a big deal!!

It depends on what your parents are like .. some are very easy going and some will see anyone you bring home as their new Daughter-inlaw to be!!