Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Coke Additiction?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is anyone here addicted to Coke?

Not the white powder but the black liquid that comes in red cans??

Ever since the hot weather started I've been drinking a can or two a day .. but I know it's loaded with sugar and I've put on 2 pounds recently and I reckon it's the coke!!

Anyway I'm going cold turkey .. it's been 4 days!!!
But I miss it so much !!! ...

Met a guy the other day that says he drinks 4 litres of it per day!!.....

Anyone else have a soft spot for this drink?

coke-l.jpg

Comments

• Options
    I have 3 bottles of the stuff in my kitchen, and one in the fridge. All vanilla coke.
  • Options
    Eugh no. I don't mind the flavour, but I cannot stand fizzy drinks.

I have a friend who's addicted to it though. And my brother's pretty obsessive about it.
  • Options
    are you having a random post day diamond?
  • Options
    I am totally addicted to it, have been for years. It's pretty much all I drink. How healthy :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Well Im not, but a friend of mine is. And pepsi max, and coffee. Hmmm, anyone else see the pattern?:lol:
  • Options
    Urgh no, can't stand Coke, of any description! Yukky, horrible stuff! :yuck:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crystal Tipps
    Urgh no, can't stand Coke, of any description! Yukky, horrible stuff! :yuck:

I used to be like that but now I've learned to like it, I wouldn't choose it as a first choice but I will drink it if it's there. But I would never get addicted to it. My best mate gets all high and bubbly when she drinks it though - tis quite amusing.
  • Options
    I'm addicted to apple and blackcurrent squash from Asda. *sigh*
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    Well Im not, but a friend of mine is. And pepsi max, and coffee. Hmmm, anyone else see the pattern?:lol:

must be all that caffeen mate! gotta love those legaly addictive drugs lol esp caffeen........yey for coffee!!! and redbull of course!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Samael
    must be all that caffeen mate! gotta love those legaly addictive drugs lol esp caffeen........yey for coffee!!! and redbull of course!

Caffeine. Get a dictionary. Or a brain that works maybe?
  • Options
    Originally posted by *x*socksgirl*x*
    Caffeine. Get a dictionary. Or a brain that works maybe?
    go away stop causing trouble your just bitter cause i dont want anything to do with you....... go cut yourself or something
  • Options
    go away stop causing trouble your just bitter cause i dont want anything to do with you....... go cut yourself or something

Hmm. You edited. Now it isnt so funny.
  • Options
    I feel I have missed something.. :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    Hmm. You edited. Now it isnt so funny.

lol you want the original back?
  • Options

I wouldn't give you the satisfaction deary. But I will shut up now, I might be bitter but I can keep that to myself (oh and that isn't the reason I'm bitter)
  • Options
    lol you want the original back?

No. :|
  • Options
    I used to drink coke but now i dont, its rotten and ruins your teeth and it dosen't even quench your thirst, makes you thirster.
  • Options
    I used to drink it on regular basis (nowhere near addiction tho). But then I always got this feeling that my teeth were sugar coated after drinking it. It has put me off it permanently. Sure enough, I do drink it on some occasions (mainly when eating a hamburger or a pizza) but otherwise I stay clear of it. And I rather drink water than drink diet-something of fizzy drinks. Aspartame.. *shrugs*
  • Options
    I'm not that keen on coke. I prefer Pepsi. A few years ago, I used to drink about two litres of it a day. Now I only have it as an occasional treat. :( Mind you, it's even more gorgeous when I do have it now. :yum:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    drink 2 litres of the stuff a day.. has to be actual coca cola, none of the others even come close...

nothing beats a chilled can of coca cola from the fridge.. has to be in cans too, tastes much better from cans than bottles IMO.
  • Options
    ah i remember my coke drinking days, the cans were nicer and had a fresher taste :yum:
  • Options
    Damn .. I had a relapse yesterday and didn't even remember!!

I when to McDonalds across the road from the nightclub I went to and order a Quarter Pounder Meal with Coke!!! .. Yikes .. mind you it don't taste the same from those machines compared to the can!!
  • Options
    The machines in mc donalds provide nice coke, especially nice fanta orange.
  • Options
    the stuff they do in mcdonalds is made from coca cola syrup, hence the different taste.

Still nice though :yum:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    The machines in mc donalds provide nice coke, especially nice fanta orange.

Are you in the USA? The ones at McDonalds are always flat!!

There's something dodgy about those mixer machines - the tasted watered down and before anyone tell me about the differences between the machines that use a concentrate and mix it with water and CO2 - I already know - I used to work for Coca-Cola and we had the stuff on tap, along with sprite, fanta, tea, coffee, soup, black current, and loads of other drinks!! - Drink as much as you want whilst at work!! In the end we used to make cocktails out of the different drinks combining them - Fanta and sprite taste good together!!

And the machine in the CoCa Cola offices made a much better tasting drink ... actually the machines in Nandos make better drinks then the MacDonald's ones!!
  • Options
    i love coke although my mum wont by it for me she would rather waste her money on stuff my sister CAN eat (allergies) but wont eat. my needs arnt as good as my sisters, i mean shes only at home 6 days a month!

i cant drink coke if its fizzy, it makes me feel ill, yet gives me amazing burps! i have to let it go flat, i prefure it that way anyway.
  • Options
    Are you in the USA? The ones at McDonalds are always flat!!

No not in the usa...at my mc donalds i dont see any problem with the machines they use for drinks, but when they mess the order up...thats when the problems start to occur.