Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

unpacking when you get home

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
by far the worst thing about travelling :(

especially when your bedroom has been used as a junk room while you've been away and now there is no room for your stuff :(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i don't unpack, i live outta my bag for a month or so, then chuck everything out:)
    Originally posted by giggles3
    I always find unpacking makes you, well me, a little upset:( because the holiday is all over and you have to return to reality. Maybe that's just me :confused:

No i feel like that 2!:(
    unpacking is annoying, it makes you realise you are back home and no more holidays, back to normal day life again... but theres always memories.
    Hate it! Not nearly as bad as packing to go away~ trying to fit all those clothes, and all those things into one suitcase.. HELL! :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    Hate it! Not nearly as bad as packing to go away~ trying to fit all those clothes, and all those things into one suitcase.. HELL! :rolleyes:

No, the worst thing is packing to come home - you know you're returning to reality & you have to find space for all the things you bought
    Originally posted by KinkyRed
    No, the worst thing is packing to come home - you know you're returning to reality & you have to find space for all the things you bought

very true, i spent a fortune in postage trying to get 2 huge boxes of stuff home!

and they still haven't arrived :(
    I've just come back from a week on the west coast of Ireland and even though it was only a week I still can't adjust to normal life again :mad:

I've just been moping around and the only friends who aren't on holiday are the couple I went away with so it's not like I can really tell anyone about it! I unpacked my bag as soon as I got in and that wasnt bad because I didnt buy anything new while I was away. It was just while I was trying to sleep that I remembered how good it had been.

Ah well, at least I'll be going back next year! :D
    My suitcase is on my living room floor with stuff sprawled everywhere beside it. I need to sort it out, but I'm now ill with a fluey/cold thing. :( Being on a plane with hundreds of ill and tired people did not help.

Oh real life - I want to be back in sunny Greece. :(
    When i got back from Bridlington I emptied my bag into the washing machine, then into the tuble drier, then back into the bag again to go to Germany that evening. That sort of unpacking i can do!

But when i got back from Germany, i didnt get around to unpacking it all again for about 2 weeks. :eek2:
    I'm sooo lazy!