Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

THE ANSWER

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
SEND IN THE RAF - SHOW EM HOW ITs DONE!

Comments

• Options
    Good idea lets send in all four of our planes.
  • Options
    4 planes??? Have we even got 4 pilots left?

• Options
    A friend of mine wanted to join the RAF they interviewed him and tested him and liked him, when it came to the 'propper' test he was obviously nervous and failed by one point. He can not retake for a whole year. What the hell is he suposed to do? I know they have to keep up high standards but they will loose a perfectly good 'prospective' pilot because they won't let him re take this year.
  • Options
    Originally posted by [T]:
    A friend of mine wanted to join the RAF they interviewed him and tested him and liked him, when it came to the 'propper' test he was obviously nervous and failed by one point. He can not retake for a whole year. What the hell is he suposed to do? I know they have to keep up high standards but they will loose a perfectly good 'prospective' pilot because they won't let him re take this year.

That point could have made a lot of difference. You have to have a cut off point somewhere, you can't just say "hmm, you got 4 wrong but we like your face". It's the same with speed limits, and exams. No use having a fuzzy line down the middle.

But I must admit, it is stupid waiting him wait a year.
  • Options
    I would love to send in the RAF. There's only one problem. Range. The USAF have great big B52s, B2s and B1s that can fly all the way from the US to Afghanistan and back without stopping. We don't. The USN has great big aircraft carriers in the region from which to launch strikes. We have shitty little ones that can only carry Harriers, which don't have the range to reach Afghanistan from the sea. In short our armed forces are piss-poor except in one area. Special Forces. Thats why it's our ground troops that are in Afghanistan and the American's planes which are bombing it.

If at first you don't succeed, hit it with a bigger hammer.
  • Options
    Whowhere, I'm not saying I want a fuzzy line, definitly not. But it just seem stupid thats all, they know he's good enough, and he will proberbly pass next year. It' sjust one of those things...
  • Options
    Originally posted by [T]:
    Whowhere, I'm not saying I want a fuzzy line, definitly not. But it just seem stupid thats all, they know he's good enough, and he will proberbly pass next year. It' sjust one of those things...

I know, at the time it can be very frustrating, and making him wait a year isn't right. But like I said, it's no use having different standards for different people