Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Nursing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi People!

I would like to have a career in children's nursing. But I'm unsure if this would be possible as I have a physical disability (Mild cerebral palsy). Does anyone have any idea's of certain area's of nursing which would be more suitable and not so physically demanding? I want to have a job in this profeesion which involves hands on, not just answering phones etc.
Any suggestions would be appricated thanks.

:confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks I wrote to them and it was helpful i have now written to request my occuptional health screening and I have to go for that on the 8th January.

Cheers!
    Yeah goodluck with whatever it is you want to do
    Thanx for ur support. I will let u know how it goes.
    Hi.

Sorry its taken me so long to post a reply, i was unable to logg in I went for my occuptional health screening for nursing, it went well but there is a 2 year waiting list for children's nursing, so i will have to undergo health checks nearer the time as a lot could change. I am considering doing psychiatric nursing as i am very interested in psychology. I was advised to get intermediate two's and highers as there is such a high demand for nursing. I am going to do intermediate 2 social sciences to obtain higher qualifacations.

I am going to speak to a Nurse on friday about Nursing and get more info!
    Good luck with it :)