Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

What do I do now?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I`ve just found out that there`s a chance my baby may have spina bifida. And I have to wait till Monday to find out.

The question is now, how do I get through this weekend?????????

Comments

• Options
    Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear that.
    I can offer nothing but my deepest heartfelt sympathies. :(

Try to relax, do something exciting even though you may not feel like it. All you can do is wait and hope for the best.
  • Options
    try not to be pessimistic hun and dont worry cause even if there is something wrong with the baby like said its still your baby and with everything as it is nowadays it isnt going to have a difficult life,try not to stress your self out more though it wont help,

keep smilin:)

*hugglezxx*
  • Options
    hugs miffy, a chance means just that - a chance. Theres also a good chance it will be fine. They told my friend once her baby might have a chromosome problem possibly downs syndrome, but it turned out to be nothing, and she had a healthy baby boy.
    keep your chin up :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    try not to be pessimistic hun and dont worry cause even if there is something wrong with the baby like said its still your baby and with everything as it is nowadays it isnt going to have a difficult life,try not to stress your self out more though it wont help,

keep smilin:)

*hugglezxx*

I`m trying rockerchick.

But I`m afriad most spina bifidas are still very disabling. Even with scientific and medical advances.
  • Options
    My mum found out exactly the same thing when she was expecting me.

Will PM you in a sec Miffy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    hugs miffy, a chance means just that - a chance. Theres also a good chance it will be fine. They told my friend once her baby might have a chromosome problem possibly downs syndrome, but it turned out to be nothing, and she had a healthy baby boy.
    keep your chin up :)

I know. It`s 1 or 2 in 1000 - but I just keep thinking well somebody has to be the unlucky 1 or 2.
  • Options
    Awww, thats terrible.

But keep your chin up and try to do something to take your mind off it. Although you can't help but think and worry about it, it's not going to get you anywhere.

So just try and get through the weekend and face monday when it comes.

Keep your chin up girl :)
  • Options
    Oh my heart goes out to you. But remember i know its hard but i'm sure its just to be safe that they tell you. It's probably nothing & you know that worrying won't help the baby. Just remember we are all here for you & you also got that ivillage website you can get advise on. (Never did find out what your called on there).

Try to put it aside in your mind, i know its gonna be hard. Come talk crap to us lot & we will try to help you take your mind off it for a while.
    Ok i know none of this is easy *Big hugs*.

Let me know if you wanna chat ok?!
  • Options
    Tweety, that`s so sweet of you. I have to tell you I thought twice about posting this because I didn`t want to worry you at all. I`m sure everything will be ok, but it`s the waiting, which seems endless, which is so maddening!

Still, at least it`s only a scan I`ve got to have on Monday, and I`ll get the answers there and then. Not like an amniocentesis, where you have to wait another 2 weeks.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    My mum found out exactly the same thing when she was expecting me.

Will PM you in a sec Miffy.

Thanks Bri. :)
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for Monday hun :)

Like Tweety said we'll try and help you take your mind off it all
  • Options
    Awwww, *hugs*

I hope everything turns out ok :)
  • Options
    Hey don't think about us, concentrate on you & your baby. As for worring me, nothing much makes a difference on that front its my first so every little thing is weird to me.

Like you said at least you get your result straight away. Let me/us know how you get on. I'm keeping everything crossed for you. In the mean time, try to do some things that help you chill a little :).
  • Options
    *hugs* Hope everythin turns out ok, i'll have everythin crossed for you. :)
  • Options
    Re: What do I do now?
    Originally posted by Miffy
    I`ve just found out that there`s a chance my baby may have spina bifida. And I have to wait till Monday to find out.

The question is now, how do I get through this weekend?????????

Oh my, I'm really sorry to hear about your baby. I hope and pray that she doesn't have spina bifida. I will keep you, your baby, and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless,

MySuffice21
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.

Today is really dragging. And I can`t concentrate on anything for more than about ten seconds.

Last night we watched a film to try and take our minds off everything, it was the biggest pile of shit! If you were thinking of renting out 28 days later, save your money!

I want to go to bed and sleep till Monday. I can`t even sleep for a few hours because I`ve got the kids.

Rats.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Molly

I can offer nothing but my deepest heartfelt sympathies. :(

I too can't offer anything but my deepest heartfelt sympathies.

I hope that it all goes well.
  • Options
    I can' t think of much to take your mind off it...but I hope it turns out well on Monday :)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.

Today is really dragging. And I can`t concentrate on anything for more than about ten seconds.

Last night we watched a film to try and take our minds off everything, it was the biggest pile of shit! If you were thinking of renting out 28 days later, save your money!

I want to go to bed and sleep till Monday. I can`t even sleep for a few hours because I`ve got the kids.

Rats.

Come and talk bollocks in Irc with me :).
  • Options
    Not got IRC on this puter and I can`t be arsed to install it right now to be honest Tweet.

How are you anyway? Everything going well? (Don`t think I won`t want to hear about it either!)
  • Options
    Thanks Mr Doughnut and Seed. :)

Mr Doughnut I can`t get used to your new name. :no:
    Although it does suit you as you`re always going on about them!

Seed - got any wine? ;)
  • Options
    Not got IRC on this puter and I can`t be arsed to install it right now to be honest Tweet.

How are you anyway? Everything going well? (Don`t think I won`t want to hear about it either!)

Not a problem.
    I'm ok, tired alot and stressed about money atm but other than that i'm ok. I just want ot sleep all the time.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Not a problem.
    I'm ok, tired alot and stressed about money atm but other than that i'm ok. I just want ot sleep all the time.

That sounds about normal! It does get better I promise. I used to get out of bed, get in the shower, and by the time I got out again I wanted to go back to bed.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that bad news.
    Just try and get on with ur weekend as much as normal as possible, go to bed early at night- that will pass the time quicker but in your circumstances you probably wont be able to sleep with worry, just try your best and keep your head up.
  • Options
    as Shogun says, just carry on as normal, try not to think bout it too much, our prayers will be with you....